inTank Media Baskets

Podpimp's SPS SOLANA

PODPIMP

Welcome to the solana club! Fabulous corals and love the scape you have there in your tank! Will def tagging along your thread bro... David

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
smart idea to use the granite...the stock stand seems to soak up water and bubble up the wood...

Wow I did something smart :P

That's a lot of flow/pump considering you have a MP10 in your tank...have you considered upgrading to a MP20 and taking out the Tunze on the other side?

That's a lot of flow/pump considering you have a MP10 in your tank...have you considered upgrading to a MP20 and taking out the Tunze on the other side?

The MP10 is just about as strong as you can go on full pulse mode without splashing the water out of the tank. If I move the pump higher up than what you see in the pic I will get drips on the opposite side of the tank. So even if I went to an MP20 I don' feel it would do much to help the flow in the entire tank.

I like having the Tunze 6025 blowing across the back of the rocks in the opposite direction so I don't have any dead spots.

Hope that makes sense :huh:

Dude! how have i not seen this tank yet?

Awesome!

Thanks pismo!! This tank has only been setup for a few days, probably why you haven't seen it. I had a 24gal aquapod thread (where all these corals came from) buried in the forums somewhere :happy:

NICE . That is my next tank I already have the sunpod. What are your tank temps running?Where did you get that water jug with the screw on top in your picture?I can't find them anywhere.

Brad

NICE . That is my next tank I already have the sunpod. What are your tank temps running?Where did you get that water jug with the screw on top in your picture?I can't find them anywhere.

Brad

Thanks Brad. I have my temp running between 78-80. I keep my room temp at 71 degrees though for my dogs. No need for a chiller or fans sine the room is cool. I took that jug from a friend. I have no idea where he got it. You should look at usplastics.com. They have all kinds of containers that your could order.

Here are some pictures from today. The corals are getting some color back and are starting to grow. I have a few small patches of green hair algae that my cleanup crew is slowly removing.
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

is your avatar what it is because of her nipples?

If so that's pretty funny. :)

LMAO Come on Bob.You don't think it is because of her hair color do you. :D

That would be messed up if it was his sister. Sorry for the high jack thread tank is looking sweet I should have my Solana Monday.I got my Marco rocks and sand today.YES

:o This is one stunning Solana!!! :bowdown:

That would be messed up if it was his sister. Sorry for the high jack thread tank is looking sweet I should have my Solana Monday.I got my Marco rocks and sand today.YES

Brad's gettin' a Solana??? :huh:

Sweet bro... You are going to love it!

B)

Thanks for the nice comments.

The bulb is a 250w XM20k......which I hate :) It's my backup bulb. I am waiting for an EVC 20k to arrive.

Archived