Cultivated Reef

Podpimp's SPS SOLANA

PODPIMP

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The master have came back! I am ready to learn the art of SPS keeping!

I think I got lucky the first time :P

Thanks lilopop. I'll post a link to the build thread here when I start it up.

akma, I actually got the tank from fish town. I was driving by yesterday stopped in to check. I didn't even know that they carried deep blue tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll the 57gal came in to my LFS and I decided to go with a 60 gal cube instead :). After much debating, I made my decision on all the equipment. The rest of my equipment will be here today via UPS. I will post more pics and start a new tank thread soon.

60 gallon Deep Blue Sea Cube (going to be mostly SPS)

Modified deep blue stand

Skimz 181 skimmer

eheim 1262 return

ATI Sunpower 6x24 lighting (Not impressed with LED's yet)

Reefkeeper lite controller

2 vortech mp10

Tunze osmolator

eshopps sump

60lbs of Marshall Island and Tonga rock.

I'm going to manually dose for now but a triple dosing pump is on my upgrade list.

The pic is of the Skimz getting a vinegar bath.

post-33893-1348462262_thumb.jpg

HELLA YES! i can't wait to see what you got some tricks under your sleeves. I been waiting for along time, bout time you got back. Wishing Tigah, sushi, purpleUp, and sandeep would all come back too!

HELLA YES! i can't wait to see what you got some tricks under your sleeves. I been waiting for along time, bout time you got back. Wishing Tigah, sushi, purpleUp, and sandeep would all come back too!

Yea man, I was burnt out from this hobby. I had a reef since 1996. It was a well needed break. I don't know about tricks but i will be applying the same principles to this reef as every other reef that I had. We'll see how it goes fingerscrossed

This hobby is like a drug. Anyone who has been in it for sometime will always return. You'll see "old faces" sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...
buddythelion

I know this thread is dead now, but I really like it! It's always a good idea to follow and learn from successful threads.

I know this thread is dead now, but I really like it! It's always a good idea to follow and learn from successful threads.

Thanks :D I leave a link to this thread in my signature so it is easier to find for members.

I really miss this tank! Your Tank is making me having withdrawal syndrome day.

I miss having big corals :) Give me 1 year with the new tank ;)

• 2 years later...

Archived