ReefCleaners.org

Bonsaii Frag Tank-Back Up! sortof

akabryanhall

Why didn't I get a quote?!?!

Seriously though, consider finding some super flat, skinny rock and drilling it. You'd get the same effect without the plastic look. It's going to be very difficult to conceal the white plastic and in the end I think you'll dig it more.

We get it, you don't like the tank. Let the ol' boy do his thing. Lay off this thread and go back to one of the other 300 you have trolled on this forum.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bryan, just make a normal frag rack out of eggcrat it will look so uch better and work a lot better. Just shove rock in under the racks. make sure to spray it black , it looks better and stops it from leaching.

Sorry but I'm new to fragging and was just wondering what would leach out from the racks? I think painting it black would like good, but never heard anything about leaching from the racks. Could you please explain a bit more on this?

Also AkaBryan, is that a 20L you're working with?

We get it, you don't like the tank. Let the ol' boy do his thing. Lay off this thread and go back to one of the other 300 you have trolled on this forum.

:bowdown:

Very well said.

akabryanhall
Sorry but I'm new to fragging and was just wondering what would leach out from the racks? I think painting it black would like good, but never heard anything about leaching from the racks. Could you please explain a bit more on this?

Also AkaBryan, is that a 20L you're working with?

I think, although i've heard differing reports on this, that white crate will cause algae blooms from leaching something into the water. Black crate will not. A common way to counteract this is to soak your crate in vinigar before using it.

Yes it is a 20L

All you sheeple should make your tanks look like theirs'....don't you know????

Lol

Very well said.

Yup btw David, people in your profession are heroes to me, can't get by without your product B):lol:

Yup btw David, people in your profession are heroes to me, can't get by without your product B):lol:

What's that... HOME BREWING??? If so... :bowdown:

B)

akabryanhall
What's that... HOME BREWING??? If so... :bowdown:

B)

Lol was talking about poker table building, but combine that with beer and you have a beautiful evening.

I wish more of you guys lived in canada. It'd be so chill to have an NR poker night every once in a while, also our beer kicks your beer's ass. It's funny how you guys can figure out how to ship live aquatic animals over night (which can't seem to do) but you can't figure out how to brew a decent organic beer. If anyone's ever in toronto mill st. brewery is the best beer i've ever had.

If you don't like what I have to say then feel free to skim right by it. The only $hit I troll is yours cause it's funny and pointless. Go listen to The Tragically Hip or Our Lady Peace or somethin...

Very well said.

Why didn't you add a "BRO!" in there?

If you don't like what I have to say then feel free to skim right by it. The only $hit I troll is yours cause it's funny and pointless. Go listen to The Tragically Hip or Our Lady Peace or somethin...

Thanks for the offer, but i don't want to skim by it anymore.

Whats so wrong in your life that you have to come on a forum for aquarium owners and just start bashing. I shouldn't have to listen to your garbage when i'm on a forum, you're not constructive, you're not helpful in any way and you've got a dick personality. Why are you here? Besides your tank thread, which i have to admit is both more established and nicer looking than mine, what do you have to offer this forum? This is a community, a helpful, informative place where people go to learn, to discuss and to celebrate. not to be picked on by douchebags. Just take it somewhere else so the people that want to enjoy their time here can.

and by the way, anyone who adds bro to the end of there sentences is fine in my books. It's a thing between friends, you know? those things you seem to be having a lot of trouble getting these days...

EDIT: @akabryanhall: i just got back from key biscayne on a diving trip! you guys are so lucky to live in such wonderful climate

Thanks for the offer, but i don't want to skim by it anymore.

Whats so wrong in your life that you have to come on a forum for aquarium owners and just start bashing. I shouldn't have to listen to your garbage when i'm on a forum, you're not constructive, you're not helpful in any way and you've got a dick personality. Why are you here? Besides your tank thread, which i have to admit is both more established and nicer looking than mine, what do you have to offer this forum? This is a community, a helpful, informative place where people go to learn, to discuss and to celebrate. not to be picked on by douchebags. Just take it somewhere else so the people that want to enjoy their time here can.

and by the way, anyone who adds bro to the end of there sentences is fine in my books. It's a thing between friends, you know? those things you seem to be having a lot of trouble getting these days...

I think if you look around a lot of the topics I have posted in I actually do/have provided some decent advice and are helpful/constructive. Just because you personally don't like me doesn't mean my posts are trash. This seems like Deja Vu to me...

I am also here to have fun, but I'm also going to give my unhindered opinion when I don't like something and there's nothing you can do about that. We have this thing here called "Freedom of Speech".

Sorry, but I don't consider people on the internet in forums my "friends", but I can understand why you would.

I think if you look around a lot of the topics I have posted in I actually do/have provided some decent advice and are helpful/constructive. Just because you personally don't like me doesn't mean my posts are trash. This seems like Deja Vu to me...

I am also here to have fun, but I'm also going to give my unhindered opinion when I don't like something and there's nothing you can do about that. We have this thing here called "Freedom of Speech".

It's nice that you think i have spent time and effort forming a personal opinion about you, but truth be told, i haven't-so don't flatter yourself. Like i said, if you wanna play the non-conformist card go ahead, but just know that that kind of attitude and style of posting is never appreciated in any circumstance and at some point you will realize that it's a waste of time.

You can't argue that it's always better to keep non-constructive comments to yourself, rather than sully a guys day. Leave this thread.

It's nice that you think i have spent time and effort forming a personal opinion about you, but truth be told, i haven't-so don't flatter yourself. Like i said, if you wanna play the non-conformist card go ahead, but just know that that kind of attitude and style of posting is never appreciated in any circumstance and at some point you will realize that it's a waste of time.

You can't argue that it's always better to keep non-constructive comments to yourself, rather than sully a guys day. Leave this thread.

Keep goin man, keep goin...who's trashing the thread now?

You may have friends and people who like you, but no one respects a know-it-all

I'm not a know it all, Im a know-a-lot who has taste. My apologies for being so fly.

akabryanhall
EDIT: @akabryanhall: i just got back from key biscayne on a diving trip! you guys are so lucky to live in such wonderful climate

I love the keys, too bad we don't have the beer though ;) Oh wait Molson Ice we can get lol.

I'm not a know it all, Im a know-a-lot who has taste. My apologies for being so fly.

Apology accepted

GSP will attatch to egg crate. If you get some nice bright matts of some green starts and blue cloves, and let them take over on the egg crates I think it would look pretty cool.

We have this thing here called "Freedom of Speech".

Really? ####... nope guess not.

akabryanhall
Really? ####... nope guess not.

Lmao.

BTW I think the gsp would look very dope, but would take up very valuable frag plug real estate, but you have given me an idea...maybe let it grow on the bottom of the tank...

I wish more of you guys lived in canada. It'd be so chill to have an NR poker night every once in a while, also our beer kicks your beer's ass. It's funny how you guys can figure out how to ship live aquatic animals over night (which can't seem to do) but you can't figure out how to brew a decent organic beer. If anyone's ever in toronto mill st. brewery is the best beer i've ever had.

mmm... Stock Ale.

mmm... Stock Ale.

omg so good, had that this weekend.

GSP will grow on the bottom of the tank, but i would recommend making the bottom glass gritty with sandpaper. Also it would be a biznitch to get it off if you ever tore down the tank oh and it'll propbably take around 5-6 years for it to grow across the entire floor

There are allot of compounds out there that are not 'reef safe'. This means that the chemical composition of the compound can/will hurt fish and invertebrates and/or can be used by various unwanted things (algae) as a food source.

For example that foam most likely contains Si aka silicate which is one of the things that Diatom's use to build their skeletons. So if that foam isn't sealed correctly and that silicate begins to bleed out of the foam into the tank he will have a diatom outbreak that will be very hard to control and eradicate. Another example would be copper. Many compounds contain copper which can be fatal to invertebrates if it enters the tank.

Sorry "dude"...

Where'd you dive off? I go to school at MAST Academy, right at Virginia Key. We have a lot of snorkel trips around Biscayne National Park and Soldier Key for Coral research with RSMAS. It is pretty lucky...must have been a trip from Toronto though

akabryanhall
Heres a tip: Paint the eggcrate and solve your problems beforehand.

Go away

There are allot of compounds out there that are not 'reef safe'. This means that the chemical composition of the compound can/will hurt fish and invertebrates and/or can be used by various unwanted things (algae) as a food source.

For example that foam most likely contains Si aka silicate which is one of the things that Diatom's use to build their skeletons. So if that foam isn't sealed correctly and that silicate begins to bleed out of the foam into the tank he will have a diatom outbreak that will be very hard to control and eradicate. Another example would be copper. Many compounds contain copper which can be fatal to invertebrates if it enters the tank.

thats why I was nervous about drilling into the foam and not being able to seal the insides effectively.

Archived