SaltCritters.com

Ghetto Nanos?!?!

JohnnyMTB

There's a thread over on RC about nanos looking "ghetto". Let's see some full shots; tank, canopy, & stand, of our non-ghetto-nanos. Here's mine:

out of context. that person meant the diy stuff that looks cluttered and what not. he has admitted that there are a lot of exceptions to the rule. Its the american sense of greed, money above all you know? oh Im rambling again... boo me.

In his first post he just mentioned a lot of nanos looking ghetto, I'm not really dwelling on that. I just want some pics of some clean looking nano set-ups, whether they're DIY or not. Nano's in entertainment systems, self standing, how your tank integrates into your living environment. I'm not ragging on the guys thread, I just want to see some tight, clean set-ups.

Like the setup bobioden, let's figure a way to integrate the lava lamp into the nano, completely do away with any need to have a heater.

lol. I will shoot pics of my nano in it's natural habitat. mine is on the end of my curved bar. Curved bar , curved tank, Sound asthetically pleasing to me. Prob w/ nano's is the overabundance of people who try and have algae farms (not that I am not dealing w/ my own algae issues, tank is only 6 months old :) ) instead of nice mini reefs! I will also repeat the quote " people who thinknano's are ghetto, are simply mad because they spent 10 times as much money and still get headaches from the same problems." I say to each his own. I've got 2 tanks!

Mine is ghetto, my lights are supported by two planks on the sides of the tank, I am waiting untill I get the MH before I build my hood so my pc's arent to far from the water now, and I wont have to build two hoods. Oh well, I will eventually clean it up. :)

Jon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not bad at all, the chimney is actually boarded up, it doesn't draw correctly. Until the tank went in, it was just a big hole. The fireplace is also two sided, so I can work through the back.

Archived