Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Official All Solana Owner's Thread

d'Espresso

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey everyone! It's been forever since I posted. I have been out of the reeftank game for some 4 years now. I still have my 34 gallon solana and was curious if there is still a demand for them.

I have had it in storage since I started college and I need to sell it as it is taking up so much space. I was hoping to get 500-600 with everything. I made many upgrades while I had the tank, such as the tunze 9002 skimmer and an MP20, which is why I am hopefull I can get that much. Let me know if you guys think that's reasonable or if I am overpricing it.

• 3 weeks later...

I still am one of a few members with this tank still. My skimmer died and I'm having a tough time finding a new replacement. Will tunze DOC 9001 work? most tunze 9002 out there are very old and about to fall apart :(

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the nuvo midsized ghost skimmer in my 34 gallon and it is working great. It is a really tight fit, almost have to force it in there but after taking it out a few times it slides in and out easy. I like how tight it fits, that way I can adjust it to wherever I want it.

• 1 year later...

Hey anyone still have one of these ? I am in the middle of a new build on one for my living room...I love this setup

Just curious..

Love to find some new tricks and tips to get it up to date.

I still am one of a few members with this tank still. My skimmer died and I'm having a tough time finding a new replacement. Will tunze DOC 9001 work? most tunze 9002 out there are very old and about to fall apart :(

What did you end up with as a skimmer ?

• 2 years later...

Seriously, did I just make the dumbest decision ever? I bought a Solana 34 on Friday and all I'm seeing here are nightmare stories. I like the shape and the sleek design, the large rear chambers, etc., but no one has posted here in over 2 years!

• 1 year later...

So Would love to be added to this thread, I have a Solana I bought used,  several years ago.  I packed it away for a number of years and recently resurrected it.  Anyone out there still have a Solana up and running?

• 2 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 9:56 PM, Juno said:

Seriously, did I just make the dumbest decision ever? I bought a Solana 34 on Friday and all I'm seeing here are nightmare stories. I like the shape and the sleek design, the large rear chambers, etc., but no one has posted here in over 2 years!

It was an Amazing Set-up for me? It was just simply discontinued by the manufacturer?

On 9/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, Luna said:

So Would love to be added to this thread, I have a Solana I bought used,  several years ago.  I packed it away for a number of years and recently resurrected it.  Anyone out there still have a Solana up and running?

Would love to see your Set-up...Post some Pics ASAP!!!...

• 3 weeks later...

This is slow going.  Continuous problem with red slime algae.  I think it is a flow issue, water parameters look good.  I will post pics after next water change.  So far the only creatures are a yellow clown goby (not eating well, I have been hatching brine shrimp to feed him), a Lawnmower Blenny (he is fat and sassy), two tiny sexy shrimp, a few zoas, pulsing xenia and a rock flower anemone for the sexy shrimp.  I am using live rock only for filtration and bioballs, charcoal  in the back chambers, so not high tech at all.  

What configuration are you using for flow?  I have tried between 2 to 4 powerheads in a variety of sites in the tank I still get slime along the front wall.