inTank Media Baskets

MarvinsReef Clownfish & Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks noice Marv!!! :o

Thanks David... :)

Wow, that thing takes some pretty darn good pics! Way better than my crappy camera. <_<

Thanks Nick... :)

• 3 weeks later...

new vid, mostly to highlight the harem of HI Flame wrasses... just so fun to watch... hopefully, after a few more months, the male will become a true SuperMale... although, he's a nice male already, he's not a true SuperMale yet... you can see highlights of blue/purple on the caudal and anal fins, but not the dorsal fin yet... I find myself more excited about fishes nowadays... since I have a few more with a bigger tank... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuaD0uftFxk

pardon the mess around the tank, esp the frag racks... trying to keep the sand bed clean so the detritus don't settle in... I might add another MP40 to cover the area behind the rock work... I have between 3"-5" space behind the rockwork... that's where the frag racks will sit when the tank get settled in more... any comments or questions welcome but please be nice and polite... LoLz... Thanks... :)

fishez4alivin

how many female Flame Wrasses are in there, my male may get jealous if he saw that Harem, looked like at least 4-5 females in there..lol

You may want a second MP40W, I have 3 in my 110G :P

Tank looks great, I wish I could have that many wrasses in my tank. I just got a little female the other day, and the colors my male displayed were awesome, I may need to catch a handful of fish and replace them with more females...you are right, the fish are much more exciting then coral..lol

how many female Flame Wrasses are in there, my male may get jealous if he saw that Harem, looked like at least 4-5 females in there..lol

You may want a second MP40W, I have 3 in my 110G :P

Tank looks great, I wish I could have that many wrasses in my tank. I just got a little female the other day, and the colors my male displayed were awesome, I may need to catch a handful of fish and replace them with more females...you are right, the fish are much more exciting then coral..lol

I have 5 HI Flame females... :)

I'm looking forward to hookin up another MP40... good luck with your future fish selections.. :)

Wow 5 is a great number, your male will be a true super male soon enough. Nice Chalices too, your tank is a winner :)

Thanks again... I appreciate the kudos... :)

• 2 weeks later...

water change done 09-05-09... about 20g worth... I'm gonna do another one this week... sometimes, I get into a mode where I do water changes for 3-4 weeks in a row... I'd like to think that this improve my water quality, therefore making my corals and fishes happier... ;)

although now, the cost is multiplied by 3-4x from my previous tanks... LoLz....

btw, I will be pickin' up a nice Lineatus this Friday... yay!!! not a SuperMale but a nice young male... I didn't wanna go through the Crazy Rhomboid phase again.... Rambo was a stud that he went crazy everytime he saw his reflection on the glass... I'm glad he's toned down now... I'm hoping the Lineatus won't go crazy since he's not a stud/SuperMale yet.... btw, I just made up the "stud" phase... it's the phase between adult male and SuperMale... hahaha... :)

and just another vid of the harem..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2eg2mIOKe8

• 1 month later...

just a quick pics update.... these were added in the tank last month... :)

Rainbow Lobo

Lobo.jpg

09-21-09_LoboToo.jpg

Rainbow Wellso

Brain-2.jpg

Brain-2TD.jpg

another nice Brain

Brain-1.jpg

Brain-1TD.jpg

That rainbow wellso is BEAUTIFUL!!

Thanks... :)

Marv... I saw nothin' about your your "other lil' frag" bro??? :mellow:

:lol: Congrats!!!

B)

hey, thanks man... yeah, I've been busy with the little ones lately but hopefully, by next year, I'll have more time to collect... I'll try to be good the rest of the year and just grow what I have left.... I'm having a little algae issue but with the tank being new, it's expected... hopefully, get the battle won by winter... :)

Progression pics...

08-08-2009

08-08-09_OrigME.jpg

10-06-2009

10-06-09Chalice2.jpg

02-27-2009

02-27-09_Favia.jpg

10-06-2009... you can still see the original 4 heads... ;)

10-06-09Favia1A.jpg

10-06-09Favia1B.jpg

I have to figure out the white balance on the new camera... either that or I need to find a good bulb combo... as of now, I'm using the following bulb combo, hence the more blue background... I'm thinking of adding a KZ Fiji Purple into the mix...

T-5 bulbs (54w) from back to front

- ATI Blue + (normal)

- ATI Blue Special (overdriven)

- 22k AquaScience (overdriven)

- ATI Blue Special (overdriven)

- ATI Blue + (overdriven)

- 22k AquaScience (normal)

This tank is absolutely awesome Marv. Ive been off of here a few months now and Im really enjoying the progression of this tank. Cant wait to see a FTS. Keep up the good work buddy.

very nice shots and corals.

Thank you... :)

This tank is absolutely awesome Marv. Ive been off of here a few months now and Im really enjoying the progression of this tank. Cant wait to see a FTS. Keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks man... watcha mean when you say "I've been off of here a few months"? are you taking a break? anyway, thanks again for stopping by... :)

MORE PICS:

RSC Rainbow.. pls excuse the cyano... it's being dealt with... ;)

10-06-09Chalice1024A.jpg

recently, she's decided to spit up 6-7 eyes in a row... kinda cool with the alternating rainbow eye coloration... grey'ish area = green rainbow eyes; red'ish area = orange rainbow eyes...

10-06-09Chalice1024B.jpg

Thanks man... watcha mean when you say "I've been off of here a few months"? are you taking a break? anyway, thanks again for stopping by... :)

I havent been on NR in a couple months because of school and football take up 95% of my time. I took down the 5.5 but moved all the livestock to my parents tank. And from what they have told me all the frags you sold me have turned into colonies. So Im really excited to get back home for Christmas and see everything. Thanks again Marvin.

I havent been on NR in a couple months because of school and football take up 95% of my time. I took down the 5.5 but moved all the livestock to my parents tank. And from what they have told me all the frags you sold me have turned into colonies. So Im really excited to get back home for Christmas and see everything. Thanks again Marvin.

ah... I see... :)

awesome to hear frags are colonies now... :D

have fun man... and see yah around... :)

I seem to be a sec slow trying to photograph this dude... but you pretty much get the idea... so sweet watching him flash around... :D:):D

10-20-09_Rhomboid1.jpg

10-20-09_Rhomboid2.jpg

10-20-09_Rhomboid3.jpg

Archived