Top Shelf Aquatics

MarvinsReef Clownfish & Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef
Wow! looks nice and clean..I like :D

the skimmer is kicking butt and there is nothing in there :eek:

Thank you... I do like it all scraped too... much cleaner looking... can't wait to add corals and fishies... :D

another soon to be great tank!!

great work so far!!

Thanks... looking forward to the challenge... hopefully, it'll be a much cleaner and more automated set up than my previous tanks... :)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bonsai reefer

looking good so far.I am in the proces of gathering everything for a 90 gallon oceanic tech tank. I decided to ditch the rsm 250 and go for the gusto!

MarvinsReef
looking good so far.I am in the proces of gathering everything for a 90 gallon oceanic tech tank. I decided to ditch the rsm 250 and go for the gusto!

good deal man... :)

Thanks for stopping by... :)

MarvinsReef
Beautiful Marvin !!

Thanks for stopping by Duane... :)

some updates... I re-arranged the rockwork a little... added a few other rock so have a little more room for corals to grow into... I'm looking forward to getting the livestock in there in the next coming weeks... I was also able to clean the inside of the skimmer but I'll post a pic of that a little later... it's already skimming too.... ;)

anyway, I like the scape much better now.... hope you guys like it as well... :D

06-23-09_FTS.jpg

06-23-09_FTSLeft2.jpg

06-23-09_FTSRight2.jpg

06-23-09_Left2.jpg

06-23-09_Right2.jpg

06-23-09_Left1.jpg

06-23-09_Right1.jpg

MarvinsReef
When are we going to see that insane collection in the 110? The live rock looks like its missing coral!

yeah, I know... hopefully I can incorporate the corals in the scape nicely so it looks clean... :)

yeah, I know... hopefully I can incorporate the corals in the scape nicely so it looks clean... :)

tagging along

&&&&&&&

that aquascape is sexy

sugarfine would look good in tha tank

but im just a whore for sugarfine :P

MarvinsReef
tagging along

&&&&&&&

that aquascape is sexy

sugarfine would look good in tha tank

but im just a whore for sugarfine :P

Thank you... :)

Nice upgrade. Now you have me think, cuz I could possible fit this size tank it the space I have.

1. do you think the T5's will be enough for SPS with that deep of a tank?

2. Curious if this tank is setup above a basement. Cuz weight would be my biggest issue.

MarvinsReef
Nice upgrade. Now you have me think, cuz I could possible fit this size tank it the space I have.

1. do you think the T5's will be enough for SPS with that deep of a tank?

yup... the guy I bought it for was a SPS guy... he had great colors and very good growth... :)

2. Curious if this tank is setup above a basement. Cuz weight would be my biggest issue.

I'm not really sure about that... my tank is currently in the basement... :)

anyway, good luck with your upgrade... ;)

UPDATE:

pics aren't as nice as the last batch but another week has gone.. yay!!! I moved some corals a few days ago and everything is doing well... some of the z's and p's that were closed are actually opening up... I think they're enjoying the extra light and more water volume... the montis also seem to have perked up a little more... I'm yet to move any LPS but I will by this weekend... I see diatoms also so I'm looking into getting a nice clean up crew... lights are on about 4 hrs a day the past few days... :)

06-30-09_FTS.jpg

06-30-09_Diatom2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
MarvinsReef

well... since we had a little boo boo with the site, I thought I'd update with pics and other stuff that has been going on with the tank the past weeks.... :)

my current FTS... still need to clean up the sand bed... just getting them acclimated... :)

07-06-09_FTS.jpg

07-06-09_RightToo.jpg

07-06-09_Left.jpg

sideview

07-06-09_Wide.jpg

new addition to the family.. Golden Rhomboid fairy wrasse... shots are taken w/ flash...

07-10-09_Rhomboid1.jpg

07-10-09_Rhomboid2.jpg

and here's a few vids for your enjoyment... ;)

Rhomboid fairy wrasse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFMKtI0xbCY

HI Flame fairy wrasse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDJqKraEBl0

Fish group shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4wlWvZKGyg

Full Tank vid as of 07-10-09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4wlWvZKGyg

MarvinsReef
Woo! That's a beautiful sea of red! Lets see some Macros!

won't be able to get do macros for a few weeks... corals are still adjusting to their new lights... :)

Thanks for stopping by... :)

MarvinsReef

couple of things that went well tonight...

- Golden Rhomboid wasn't crazy tonight (although his lips aren't looking too good atm), still eating like a pig though so I'm hoping he'll recuperate quickly...

- Skimmer seems like it wants to skim now (raised the water level in the sump to about 12"), raising the water level also means less bubbles coming from the return...

- I was able to install the Tunze Osmolator so no more manual top off... yay!!! Junior gave me a 29g tank for top off... so far it has 11g of water... I plan on having at least 15g in there... that should last me about a week of top off... I also plan on having a small powerhead in there once the wiring clean up is complete...

- Temporarily, I'm using my old Aqua Controller to control the lights instead of turning them on manually... I'm gonna read up a little more on the RKE so I can attempt to get it going soon...

so overall, it was a great night... I plan on doing my first water change in a week or so... I plan on doing a 15% water change... corals and fishes are acclimating well... I'll re-arrange some of the corals in the next few days to have more sand bed space... it should look cleaner after the re-arrangement... :)

MarvinsReef
Sounds like a pretty productive day. Congrats.

Thanks... :)

now, just need to get the RKE in the mix so I can clean up the wiring and watch this thing take off, hopefully... ;)

MarvinsReef

well, just past 5 weeks and doing alright... first water change to be done this weekend... :)

07-20-09LeftSide.jpg

07-20-09RightSide.jpg

some coral pics that turned out okay... I will definitely need someone with macro lens come by to get good pics of the corals... it's much harder to take good pics with a bigger tank... yikes!!!

Mohawks

07-20-09Mohawks.jpg

Blastos

07-20-09Blastos.jpg

RSC Rainbow... has grown a little... ;)

07-20-09Rainbow.jpg

MarvinsReef

UPDATE: 07-24-09

I think I might've gotten a breakthrough on the MSX 200 skimmer... for about a month, I've been trying to get the maximum performance out of this skimmer but can't seem to get it to work right... with the help of some of the guys here and some trial and error, I might've gotten it to finally work... so here is the list of stuff I did to improve the performance... also did the first water change... I was only able to do about 16g though so I'm gonna follow up with another 15g-20g either this week or next week... :)

elevated the water height to about 11"; used to be around 8"...

07-24-09_Skimmer2.jpg

turned the dial down very close to being CLOSED; used to be in the middle...

07-24-09_Skimmer3.jpg

here's a quick pic...

07-24-09_Skimmer1.jpg

here's a quick vid too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rasUXzesoeM...player_embedded

akabryanhall

Lovin the tank so far. Beautiful fish, aquascaping and of course corals. looking forward to seeing this develop!

MarvinsReef
Lovin the tank so far. Beautiful fish, aquascaping and of course corals. looking forward to seeing this develop!

Thank you... :)

so far, all I've been excited about is completing the fish collection... it'll be a while til I really have something to show for in the coral department... most of my frags are hidden behind the rockwork to keep the viewing area clean.. :)

MarvinsReef

trying out the cheap-o Underwater digicam my wife bought...

FujiFilm FinePix Z33WP... camera doesn't really take the best pics but it'll do for now... we're just looking to get a camera that will be okay to use while Evin is young... it's waterproof, sandproof, and dustproof so we can use it everywhere Evin plays outdoor...

btw, most of the corals are still acclimating to the new system... I'm hoping they'll color up even more in the next few weeks... :)

Orig ME

08-08-09_OrigME.jpg

Hell's Kitchen

08-08-09_HKitchen.jpg

Pink Boobies

08-08-09_PB.jpg

RSC Rainbow

08-08-09_RSCBow2.jpg

08-08-09_RSCBow.jpg

NiCE favia

08-08-09_Favia.jpg

Archived