Top Shelf Aquatics

Great Toronto Area Frag Trading

Yamato

I'm interested to see what you got

would you post pics up?

I'll have some more frags ready, and as always I'm up for giving a good deal on frag packs - Illuminano and Brianbeck27 have both received packs from me - hopefully they're still happy with what they received.

Watts, I'll pm you - I'm downtown too.

If you're interested in setting up a frag pack, LMK. I've got Zoas (many many colours), ricordeas (currently 2 - blue/green and orange multicolour), xenias (3 types available now - pom pom pulsing, long stalk pulsing, fuzzy xenia), blue anthelia, and as always a selection of SPS frags - so let me know if you're interested. You won't be disappointed :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serial killer/good guy... either way, I'm flattered. It has been really nice to meet more people in the Toronto reefing community and I hope to meet more of you in the future. Yamato, I'd be more than willing to take that ricordea (hopefully it's a florida) off your hands. I hope your corals are doing well. I'll probably have to visit the West side since a lot of you like to live away from the downtown core :P

duckiesforever - sorry I haven't gotten back to you soon, but you have a pm.

Welcome to our little community. 6264 is downtown too. He is a good guy. I personally haven't had the pleasure yet, but purpl3G has and she reports he is an upstanding dude.

I have a pico too. I just fished a mantis shrimp out of purpl3G's tank (it was a hitchhiker). Take a look at my thread...alot of trading happening already. i will be fragging off xenia. If you wish to get astock let me know.

I'm interested to see what you got

would you post pics up?

I only have some rics on the go, but I'll be making up some frags of zoas next week - I'll post pictures then :)

These are some pieces that I've prepared for others. Typically I like to do frag packs - makes arranging everything more worthwhile for everyone.

Ricordeas:

P8103757.jpg

P8103759.jpg

Zoas:

P8103758.jpg

fijirangezoas.jpg

Anthelia:

pbaforyuri.jpg

SPS:

P8103761.jpg

digifragsforYuri.jpg

If you're interested in setting up a frag pack, pm me. I have lots of other things :) And chaeto if you're looking for any too.

Not looking for frags, or selling any YET, so I hope being a little off topic is OK...

Does anybody have any Live Rock or know a good place to buy in the GTA? Looking for about 50lbs.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is awesome B)

anyways i've had a 20gallon for about 2 years then had to sell everything because of a move. So now im restarting with a little 10 gallon. I'll be starting a tank thread on that soon :D

I dont really have any frags up for trades since i have no livestock right now xD but i am willing to buy frags from any of you GTA reefers. Im also looking for some chaeto

im located all the way up in Vaughan.. Just beside Canada's Wonderland. So if anyones heading up there anytime let me know and i'll buy some frags or something ;)

I'm in Windsor and would like to try to ship to T.O in the future if anyone is interested I have purple hornet's and everlasting gobstoper zoanthids and hopefully in the future I would like to trade some expensive coral's in the future just for fun mostly zoo's/paly's/ric's?

Off topic where is the best place to get the craziest most beautiful high end coral when it comes to zoo's/paly's/rics in T.O/surrounding area?

even Hamilton/st catharines etc?

I've set up a few members already with frags, and in the coming weeks a few more will be getting frag packs from me. Hopefully everyone is happy with all the frags they bought!

I just thought I'd post a pic of a frag pack that's going to be recieved next week by another GTA reefer. This one's an SPS/LPS frag pack:

P9073815.jpg

From left to right, Montipora capricornis (tan/pinkish rim), purple tip montipora digitata, Green acropora sp., dendrophyllia, green slimer (Acropora yongei), and orange/red montipora digitata.

As more of my rarer SPS grow out they'll be offered for sale too. I'll post a picture up of a softie/zoa frag pack that I'm preparing for another member once I get my camera back in service.

Some more rics and zoas:

P9163901.jpg

P9163903.jpg

Softies (L to R, Xenia, clove polyps, plusing xenia, blue anthelia):

P9163907.jpg

I'll have frags of purple xenia available soon too:

P9163905.jpg

P9163906.jpg

I also welcome trades for interesting/rare softies and SPS corals. I'll take pics of SPS another day.

I usually do first time packs of $100 - gets you going with a great assortment; check my feedbacks (sig) for satisfied customers :)

If you pick up a frag pack from me, I can throw in some chaeto for free :)

Holy cow man, where'd u find the space to do all this?? Thought u had a 20 gallon as in your sig! I'll be selling some cool zoas and cool/ rare macro algea in a few weeks too (depending if they are still alive by then lol - knock on wood - away on a trip).

I usually do first time packs of $100 - gets you going with a great assortment; check my feedbacks (sig) for satisfied customers :)

If you pick up a frag pack from me, I can throw in some chaeto for free :)

Just found this thread, didnt know there were so many Ontario reefers on NR!

I am in Kingston, ON. I periodically have pulsing Xenia, and might have some orange/green zoos soon. Not sure what they are called.

I work in Biology at Queen's, I live in the west end near Red Lobster

Oh thats fantastic. I was in biology last year (First year) but i switched to geology this year. If you ever want a frag of blue anthelia i have a 4lb rock covered in the stuff. Trade?

Illuminano, LMK if you're still interested in those frags.

I'll be fragging a bunch for people in the next few days - I might get a chance to post a few pictures :)

Yeah, sounds good, I'm heading to Quebec City for a conference, but I will be around the week after. As far as frags go, I'll have to see what I can put together. I have some pulsing Xenia and some tiny frags of orange tree carnation coral. I have some awesome button polyps, they look green from the front of my tank, but purple from the back.

hey guys another newbee here, tanks

just finished its cycle, just a 12g aquapod moded, looking for any frags a bit farther north, the orillia barrie area or anyone who mabey travelles around that area, also have a 90 gallon in the works, just starting a cycle...anything up this far would be awesom....thanks

Therea are several, but they tend to be disjointed and do nothing. So far the best one I have been to is the Marine Aquarium society of Durham. I'm a part of MAST (Marine Aquarium Society of Toronto), but they don't seem to do too much. Other clubs include the DRAS (Durham Reef Aquarium Society - made up of disgruntled former MASD members) and WGMS (West GTA Marine Society).

I was thinking of organizing an official Ontario nano-reef club, but I don't think we'd get enough actual people support - the regular reef clubs barely get attendance anyways.

I had a chance to go to the MAST auction this year - not too many exciting things, but it was kind of neat to go to an auction. Really, no neat corals were available, but I think next year, I'll be in attendance with things to auction off for fun :)

Archived