inTank Media Baskets

Great Toronto Area Frag Trading

Yamato

I want to start a bit of a community for ppl that live in the Toronto area, so we can trade or sell Frags locally. This will help propagate the hobby as well as help sustain the environment by reducing the need for shipping etc etc. B)

Some rules to help thread stay on topic and focused:

1. Please post your location in terms of city. Thus making it easy for other members to know how far they would have to travel for Frag pickup.

2. Please post a picture of the frag that you would like to trade/sell.

3. Please post items you are looking for in terms of trade.

4. Once an item has been traded or sold, please indicate so in your post.

5. If you have fish or other critters you would like to trade, throw them on here as well...(I traded a skunk shrimp for a hydor flow with someone on Kijiji, it worked out very nicely)

I can't think of anything else for now, so let the trading begin!

Just to help out, let's be nice cuz we all good Canadians here eh!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, here is the stuff I am putting out there for trade or best offer.

This is a toad stool I got that is alittle big too big and kinda dominates an area of my BC8.

It has since been removed from the LR and is doing fine. About two inches tall when fully extended.

On a small piece of LR (just covers the stem of Toadstool)

3622599361_b878989c64.jpg?v=0

A Pulsing Xenia. Mounted on LR, not too happy right now bc I just put in new PC lights. Alittle over 1" tall.

3623419552_ceddd0f0d5.jpg?v=0

I have another but its still stuck on my large LR...will have to get it moved to a rumble.

The purple rock next to it is a GSP. Closed bc I moved it, but its nearly covered with GSP, also available for trade/obo.

Yellow Polyp on a cool looking piece of LR (LR is about 2.5" tall).

3623419776_661a56d4f2.jpg?v=0

okay, this is NOT the mushroom I am trading but it is from this bunch. The one I have frag is about the size of a loonie when fully inflated. On a small piece of LR (just covers teh base).

The one I have does not have blue spots on it like its mommy but I figure it may develope them as it grows...

3623425084_7549ae5271.jpg?v=0

This stuff is great for someone just starting to keep a reef, they all easy and hardy coral.

PM me if you interested and want more info.

DSC00413.jpgdsc004142.jpg

This is my 3 head Frogspawn that is getting too big for my tank ( 8 gallon). i'm looking to trade a frag. My clown fish luv it but it's a pain to have to frag it all the time & i haven't frag one before. Plus i have to find homes for it all the time & the heads form real fast.

Just sold a head of the frogspawn yesterday to someone in my building, when it starts to form new heads i will post on here to sell it. Fragging it was pretty easy.

Christine.

I have some pink zoas, green and red zoas, green and yellow zoas, grey zoas, light blue zoas, and green palys (which have about 3-10 polps per frag). Moreover, I have a kenya tree which is about 3 inches and a .5 inch cabbage leather coral on the same rock. Lastly, there's an orange monti cap which is about 1 inch for trade/sale. Eventually once my other corals grow out, I'll have some acros, rics, blastos, favias, mazes, and acans for trade/sale. Thanks guy, this is a great start.

post-43199-1244992940_thumb.jpg

post-43199-1244992959_thumb.jpg

post-43199-1244992967_thumb.jpg

You want to trade for something I posted?

I am starting a Pico, and would love a monti cap, perhaps a zoa that I don't have a cool paly. If not, no worries. Your kenya looks amazing. What kind of lighting do you ahve them under?

Hey Flip, I'm seen some of the corals you've posted up before and they're wonderful :) I do make my way to Montreal once in awhile so I'll be sure you notify you. Thanks

If anyone ever makes a vacation trip down to Montreal, hit me up. I got loads of stuff growing out.

Hey Yamato, I have them under 10k 150w MH and 72w antinics. I left you a PM, cheers

You want to trade for something I posted?

I am starting a Pico, and would love a monti cap, perhaps a zoa that I don't have a cool paly. If not, no worries. Your kenya looks amazing. What kind of lighting do you ahve them under?

Bump

Looking for NR members in the Toronto area to Trade/Sell/buy Frags

I have received a few PMs from people in the area, if you have got something, even chaeto, post it, I am sure it will benefit somebody.

NorthCoralNewB
Bump

Looking for NR members in the Toronto area to Trade/Sell/buy Frags

I have received a few PMs from people in the area, if you have got something, even chaeto, post it, I am sure it will benefit somebody.

GTA, ON

Buffalo, NY

I have the following:

Purple Death

Nuke Green

Black People Eaters

Red People Eater

Unknown Proto Palythoa

Purple Digitata

Orange Fungi

Light Green Fungi

Regular Shrooms

Bulls Eye Blue Shrooms

Japanese DW Zoas

ETC...

Currently going through a move will post photos once move is complete and update list.

ac_archie

hey there...looking for chaeto here. I got some GSP I can def trade. Thanks...will PM you or if you see this PM me!

Two Elegance Coral Frags - $50 Each

Hard to Find at This Smaller Size

Location Brampton

I fragged my 2 year old Elegance into 5 frags about 6 months ago and they are all doing great and growing well. Right now I'm selling two of them and may sell more in the future. Given their size these would be excellent for someone wanting to keep an Elegance in a nano-tank or if you want to keep an Elegance in a larger tank, but where space is a premium.

Each of the two frags I'm selling is about the size of a clenched fist when expanded and have a lovely deeper green color with yellow stripes. Here is a picture of the five frags together. If you want one or both, email me (sandeep@sikhs.org)

Nano_2009_04_21_2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Seems we've lost the last few posts here.

I always have frags coming up. Zoas (lots of different colours), softies (ricordea and anthelia and xenids), GSP, and SPS are what I have. Ask and you may receive :)

Pics of up coming frags (a few colonies to up to be fragged):

hairymillie032509.jpg

jacquelinae07-07-09.jpg

multicolorrics07-07-09.jpg

rics07-07-09.jpg

And many more :)

Nice pics Nema...

6264 is a real nice guy...I must post this here. PurpleG and I have met up a few times and Purple visited 6264 and totally hooked her up. So as a result of this thread, some trading has already taken place.

Haha, purpleG was totally worried that 6264 was going to be a serial killer luring reefers to his trap! But instead, she left with some awesome frags!

We did lose some post, what happened?

I have traded away xenia, yellow polyps, a mushroom and my toadstool to purple. If I have a chance I will try to send over my ricordea to 6264 if he wants it.

keep the trading happening, and please report and keep this small GTA community going.

Hey hey hey... Yamato... don't start spreading rumors. I did not think 6264 was a serial killer... but my other friend who will remain unnamed did okay?

but I'm forever grateful to 6264 cause he's an awesomely nice guy and definitely not a serial killer LOL!!

Yamato is awesome for giving me advice and fixing my tank =P

Nice pics Nema...

6264 is a real nice guy...I must post this here. PurpleG and I have met up a few times and Purple visited 6264 and totally hooked her up. So as a result of this thread, some trading has already taken place.

Haha, purpleG was totally worried that 6264 was going to be a serial killer luring reefers to his trap! But instead, she left with some awesome frags!

We did lose some post, what happened?

I have traded away xenia, yellow polyps, a mushroom and my toadstool to purple. If I have a chance I will try to send over my ricordea to 6264 if he wants it.

keep the trading happening, and please report and keep this small GTA community going.

Hey hey hey... Yamato... don't start spreading rumors. I did not think 6264 was a serial killer... but my other friend who will remain unnamed did okay?

but I'm forever grateful to 6264 cause he's an awesomely nice guy and definitely not a serial killer LOL!!

Yamato is awesome for giving me advice and fixing my tank =P

Okay, Purpl3G, my bad...it was a poor quote. Not here to offend, just here to let all the GTA peeps know we have completed a small circle of friends. There is room for more, so join in on the trading and idea exchanging parade.

6264, I have a ricordea with your name on it.

Still here, tanks not quite ready to begin fragging (give her another year haha) but i'm always a buyer. Nema what do you have these days? I'll do a 60 dollar buy. Already considering fragging off some of this blue anthelia it's growing like a weeeddd

Hey everyone - I am fairly new to reefing, but I am in downtown Toronto and would love to purchase some frags you guys at some point. I have a pico that is well established now but I only have a couple of corals so far and would love to get some interesting stuff. I'l be keeping my eye on tis thread. Thanks!

Welcome to our little community. 6264 is downtown too. He is a good guy. I personally haven't had the pleasure yet, but purpl3G has and she reports he is an upstanding dude.

I have a pico too. I just fished a mantis shrimp out of purpl3G's tank (it was a hitchhiker). Take a look at my thread...alot of trading happening already. i will be fragging off xenia. If you wish to get astock let me know.

I'll have some more frags ready, and as always I'm up for giving a good deal on frag packs - Illuminano and Brianbeck27 have both received packs from me - hopefully they're still happy with what they received.

Watts, I'll pm you - I'm downtown too.

If you're interested in setting up a frag pack, LMK. I've got Zoas (many many colours), ricordeas (currently 2 - blue/green and orange multicolour), xenias (3 types available now - pom pom pulsing, long stalk pulsing, fuzzy xenia), blue anthelia, and as always a selection of SPS frags - so let me know if you're interested. You won't be disappointed :)

Archived