237 replies to this topic

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA

Digital Aquatics is excited to announce, first on Nano-Reef, that we will be running a summer, economic stimulus, promotion on our RKL (L1) package!

Currently, the RKL (L1) retails for $149 and comes with four outlets a temp probe and a head unit. The RKL can be expanded to interface with up to four modules (16 outlets,) and can monitor multiple pH probes, temp probes and will soon be able to monitor and control salinity! It's the perfect controller for a nano tank! Not to mention, when and if you want, the RKL can quickly be upgraded to an RKE while you completely retain your initial investment!

The RKL has only been out for about 4 1/2 months and already has a bigger following than most other controllers! We've recently been able to secure a much larger volumes of parts as our vendors are looking to reduce their inventories; we're going to pass this on to you!

Starting in about 1-2 weeks the RKL (L1) package will go on sale for $99.99!

Check out our website for more info about this little giant of a controller. We'll also post there when the promotion starts.

Thank you again,
DA

Edited by Digital Aquatics, 29 May 2009 - 10:32 PM.

The next generation in advanced aquarium controller!
www.digitalaquatics.com

supernip

supernip

The fairest of them all

• Members
  • 15,768 posts
  • Joined 13 Oct 2002
nice! will you be doing anything with the other rkl packages? I know quite a few people interested in the 3rd package personally

Sudoku Champion

23w1jr9.jpg

skh

skh

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Joined 22 Jun 2007
  • Bay Area, CA
Great deal! Might just have to pick one up.
My AP24 Thread

AP24 150W S'Pod - 2x ocellaris, coral beauty, BTA, fire shrimp, skunk cleaner (RIP - blue flasher wrasse, crocea clam)
Equip- 2x MJ900, 2x Koralia Nano, hydorflo, rear-chamber chaeto fuge, RKL + SL1 running fans, lights, and ATO, Evil-C's sunpod LED actinics, PS-75 skimmer.

Posted Image

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
This deal does only apply to the L1 package but if you price it out, the L3 is still a savings over the L1 if you tried to build it up from that. We've worked hard to keep pricing low and this was another opertunity we had to pass on some savings to our customers!

Keep in mind the update to the RKL firmware that's coming that will allow for all modules (except the NET,) that includes slainity, the SW5 and the other modules that are schduled for release in the coming year. Also, myReef will be able to interact with the RKL and that will have some COOL features. And our software is always free for the full version! ;)

Scott
DA
www.digitalaquatics.com

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
This promotion should be starting on Friday 06/05/09

Scott
DA
www.digitalaquatics.com

sharky

sharky

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 28 Aug 2006

This promotion should be starting on Friday 06/05/09

Scott
DA

Sounds nice. Thanks for posting this. Any chance there's something coming that has an embedded http server? It would be really nice to be able to control everything through a browser interface.

ADAreef

ADAreef

College Reefing

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 08 May 2009
  • Dallas, TX/ Charlottesville, VA

Sounds nice. Thanks for posting this. Any chance there's something coming that has an embedded http server? It would be really nice to be able to control everything through a browser interface.

+1

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
The RKE can interface with our RKM-NET. The NET does not currently allow for control only email/txt reporting and RSS feeds. But that's another system altogether.

The $99.99 controller is not capable of interfacing with the internet. It's intended to be an entry level controller, and it's quite powerful for its price!

Thanks,

Scott
DA
www.digitalaquatics.com

uwwmatt

uwwmatt

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
  • Joined 19 Oct 2007
  • Wisconsin
Oh damnit I just ordered rkl(1) on the 29th and missed this post :slap:. Will you honor your deal for me, or will I have to return the one that is on its way and reorder it? I am already in trouble with my fiancÚ, this could smooth things over ;)

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by uwwmatt, 01 June 2009 - 11:17 PM.

Cadlight25sig_zps08b1e94b.pngADAsig_zpsb193f687.png
Check out my previous June 2010 TOTM winner:Click Here!

FLIPbmw

FLIPbmw

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • Joined 17 Sep 2005
  • Montreal, Quebec
Do you guys ship to or have any dealers in Canada?
I am very interested in one of these units, possibly even two!!

Mini_GBR

Mini_GBR

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2006
  • Santa Monica, CA (90405)
I just want to give DA some bigggg positive feedback. I have the original RK 1 from back in the day, still working great, and still amazing. From what I understand about this unit, it does more (after you add the extra 4 plug inputs) than what i have, and for that price, everyone should get one. What a great deal.
Original Thread: Mini_GBR's 24g nanocube - retired

June 2009 Tank of the Month!!!

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
Thank you! We love to hear stories of the good old RK1. :)
www.digitalaquatics.com

JeF4y

JeF4y

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 24 Apr 2009
So after spending 2 hrs reading on the DA website, including their forum, I'm still a bit confused.

If I had the RKL and wanted to use a pH probe, do I need an RKM-SL1 as well?!? And later if I decide I want to probe for salinity, I'd need the SL2?

What CAN I connect up to the RKL1?

Likewise, on the AC outlets, are they individually controllable or just in the block of 4?

Edited by JeF4y, 02 June 2009 - 07:50 AM.

FLIPbmw

FLIPbmw

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • Joined 17 Sep 2005
  • Montreal, Quebec
Can you use an uninterupted power supply along with the reefkeeper?

chazde3

chazde3

Cheeky little bastard

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  • Joined 23 Dec 2007
  • Lansing, MI

What CAN I connect up to the RKL1?

Likewise, on the AC outlets, are they individually controllable or just in the block of 4?

+1

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
OK, I'll try and catch all the question in one post. If I miss one let me know! :)

Q) Do you guys ship to or have any dealers in Canada?
A) Yes we ship to Canada, we ship via USPS only. Our dealer network in Canada is growing though some new avenues but that's a work in progress.

Q) If I had the RKL and wanted to use a pH probe, do I need an RKM-SL1 as well?!? And later if I decide I want to probe for salinity, I'd need the SL2?
A) I would wait for the RKM-SL2. It had inputs for both pH AND salinity. That way you would only need one add on module! Big plus!

Q) What CAN I connect up to the RKL1?
A) There are two answers here, 1) The outlets, that list is endless! Pumps, lighting, heater, chiller, anything you want to control! 2) The modules on the bus. Shortly, with the new firmware come shortly, you'll be able to connect any module except the NET module to the RKL.

Q) Likewise, on the AC outlets, are they individually controllable or just in the block of 4?
A) Each outlet on the PC4 can be programmed to ANY function the unit offers and in completely unique configurations! It's completely flexible!!!

Q) Can you use an uninterupted power supply along with the reefkeeper?
A) If you're talking about a UPS, you can, BUT if you have a large total power draw then it wont last very long.

Ok, I think I got them all... If you have any more or need some clarification just let us know!

Scott
DA
www.digitalaquatics.com

LikemyRams

LikemyRams

Ram Fan

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 04 May 2003
Thanks for answering all the questions
John

Digital Aquatics

Digital Aquatics

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 20 Mar 2009
  • Seattle, WA
One day and counting!

There's only one day until the sale starts!

Scott
DA
www.digitalaquatics.com

opy01

opy01

Some people never go crazy. What horrible lives they must live.

• Members
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 21 May 2009
  • Fort Worth, Tx
SOLD! As soon as it goes on sale I am ordering one. Is there any plans on getting the NET function? It is Q2, is the SL2 going to be out soon?

Although the DIY controller looks fun and is tempting, I am fooling myself thinking I would ever get it completed even if I did get it working lol. This is just too good of a deal to pass up. (and my wife approved lol)
Posted Image