Pod Your Reef

Nanobuds JBJ 3 gallon Picotope

Nanobuds

Hi,

I got the JBJ Picotope on May 27, 2009 and set it up June 5, 2009 .

Equipment

• Tank: JBJ 3 Gallon Picotope
  • Lighting: 13" 24 watt Odessey Compact Flouresent Light
  • Fuge Light: JBJ 9watt Picotope Light
  • Filtration: AquaClear 50 with Fuge Mod and Filter FLoss
  • Heating: Marineland 15watt Stealth Heater
  • Other: Back Wall painted with Krylon Fusion Spray Paint
  • 5lbs of Live Rock
  • 8lbs of Live Sand

Livestock

Fish

• 1 Blue and Yellow Damsel
  • 1 tailspot blenny

CUC

• 1 Red-Legged Hermit Crab
  • 1 blue-legged crab
  • 1 Astrea Snail
  • 3 Nassasaurus Snails
  • 2 Bumblebee Snails
  • 1 Peppermint Shrimp

Inverts

• 1GBTA (hitch hiker)
  • Ball Anemones
  • 1 feather duster

Corals

• Ricordias
  • Mushrooms
  • Zoas
  • GSP
  • Kenya
  • Green Leather

6-5-09

DSC_0036.jpg

4-30-10

DSC_1179.jpg

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
highonfumes

I have a bumble bee shrimp and he's rad. Everything I've read said they eat starfish and I'm sure they do but mine is a total pig for mysis. Hopefully, there won't be competition between him and the harley.

yeah thats what i was thinking.

i got LR and LS today. heating up water as we speak. i have already found lots of brittle stars, mysis shrimp, and stomatellas that hitchhiked with the rock. pics when everything is setup

Thats like saying "I got a tang in my X gallon but im putting it into my XXX gallon when I build it"

Might as well save the headache of LPS in picos with sweepers and keep it in your nano. I just dont see the point.

well look at el fabs pico its got lots of lps and is doing great so i say go for it just place it in the right place. :)

i may not paint the back wall.

i did the mods, except the U-Tube pipe i messed up on.

water is in the tank woth LR and LS. Pics when it clears up

sweet.

how are you doing the light? putting it on the side? I was wondering if the ac50 would let you still center the light on the back.

i put it on the back of the AC and you can adjust its height and angle so it is over the center of the tank.

i will include pics of the set-up

well look at el fabs pico its got lots of lps and is doing great so i say go for it just place it in the right place. :)

half the reason why people fail in this hobby is by trying to emulate what an experienced reefer does when they lack said experience. If someone new to the hobby tried to emulate my tank I'd bet a a stack if would crash within a month.

with the stock arms I don't think it will reach the center of the tank. I ended up buying a second light, and using the arms from the second light to reach out, and up to do that with an AC70. I will be interested to see if it works with a 50 thought, :)

nice, let me give you this suggestion. Cut a notch in the lid of the 50, then you could make the arms go straight out and rest on the lid. Then your bulb will be closer to the water. Just a thought. Looks great!

addicted2reefer
half the reason why people fail in this hobby is by trying to emulate what an experienced reefer does when they lack said experience. If someone new to the hobby tried to emulate my tank I'd bet a a stack if would crash within a month.

I give Kraylen two cool points for that statement. one must know their level of exprience in order to suceed in this hobby.

Dang I havent been on in a minute, congrats on the new pico Nanobuds.

Its cool you stepped up to the pico club.

whats a good CUC for a 3 gallon pico? i was thinking 2-3 blue-legged hermits, 1 scarlet hermit, and 2 cerith snails...

Nanobuds, PAINT IT! it looks so much better! :) You can see the before and after with mine tomorrow.

I've got 6 blue legs and one margarita snail and one nass. in mine. I could use another snail prolly, I might tank a few nerite snails from my 29gal to help clean my halimeda cleaned.

How do you like the AC50, I thought it was too much flow, I bumped back down to a off-brand HOB for a 10gallon tank, everyone seems happier.

Archived