Coral Vue Hydros

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Needreefunds
:) I'm dying to get back in. I will eventually when I'm in a more stable location (i.e. not in an apt). Would like to set up something more permanent for a change.

:o

:) I'm dying to get back in. I will eventually when I'm in a more stable location (i.e. not in an apt). Would like to set up something more permanent for a change.

He is alive. Nice hearing from you hope all is well.

• 7 months later...

Yep, great tank. Dennis needs to get back into the hobby, he does a great job putting them together. I am very fortunate to own nearly all of his maxi mini core collection when this tank was decommissioned.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hey Tigah, you helped me a lot back when I started in this hobby, I am getting ready to start building a new tank very soon. I used to be sergeant-g back then, glad to see you are doing well my friend

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Wow, what a blast from the past. 

The reason I started a reef tank was this tank. The reason I started photographing corals, this tank. 

😄

-Dave

NO KIDDING! Where ya at @Tigahboy????

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, @Halligan, @DaveFason, @Travis, @d'Espresso

So I was putting together one of those children's terrarium kits with my son the other day and he seemed really excited about the project.  So I thought about setting up a goldfish tank with him as a fun project. 

I started researching goldfish tank set-ups, but somehow I ended up looking at the Innovative Marine 20g Peninsula, which then led me back to nano-reef.com to research the tank and figure out the latest and greatest in the nano reef world.  Haven't really been into AIOs in the past, but seems like a decent set-up and easy enough to work on with my son.  Still debating whether to go this route or try to do another custom set-up (though I have a lot less time these days to do a big project).   Thoughts?  :)

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

So I was putting together one of those children's terrarium kits with my son the other day and he seemed really excited about the project.  So I thought about setting up a goldfish tank with him as a fun project. 

I started researching goldfish tank set-ups, but somehow I ended up looking at the Innovative Marine 20g Peninsula, which then led me back to nano-reef.com to research the tank and figure out the latest and greatest in the nano reef world.  Haven't really been into AIOs in the past, but seems like a decent set-up and easy enough to work on with my son.  Still debating whether to go this route or try to do another custom set-up (though I have a lot less time these days to do a big project).   Thoughts?  🙂

I would go with the IM tank. Easy, simple and a fun tank to get back into the hobby. Check the Lagoon 25 or Fusion 20 as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I started researching goldfish tank set-ups, but somehow I ended up looking at the Innovative Marine 20g Peninsula, which then led me back to nano-reef.com to research the tank and figure out the latest and greatest in the nano reef world.  Haven't really been into AIOs in the past, but seems like a decent set-up and easy enough to work on with my son.  Still debating whether to go this route or try to do another custom set-up (though I have a lot less time these days to do a big project).   Thoughts?  🙂

He lives!

IM tanks are very well made.  If it's the size you like, I don't see any reason to hesitate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/17/2019 at 11:33 AM, Tigahboy said:

That's the tank I want!  Ugh, you're gonna beat me to it...   😒

• Like 1

Welcome back Tigahboy, you are well missed! glad to hear back from you.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:55 PM, Christopher Marks said:

You are missed @Tigahboy! ❤️ 

Good to see you @d'Espresso 🙂 

Hello Christopher, i will be back soon! so get ready!

• Like 2