SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Thanks for the feedback, guy!

nibs - For my sand, just my army of nassarius vibex and ceriths. They keep my fine sand constantly stirred and clean. I never actually touch it.

As for my tank walls, I actually scrape my tank on a daily (or almost daily) basis with a kent pro scraper (and sometimes algae pad). So it actually never really gets out of hand. Just 5 minutes a day keeps the hard stuff away.

Hi Tigah,

If it's possible, can you post a picture from the side of the tank? I'm just curious as to how far the rockwork is from the back wall - is it touching the back wall or do you have some free space?

Very awesome tank. I wish I had the talent :)

Nibs

Hi Tigah,

If it's possible, can you post a picture from the side of the tank? I'm just curious as to how far the rockwork is from the back wall - is it touching the back wall or do you have some free space?

Very awesome tank. I wish I had the talent :)

Nibs

Took this photo just for you, sir. I usually try to leave some room so I can clean the back wall and to throw extra frags back there. There's about 2" of space at the max.

Tank284.jpg

I take photos of my tank upon request now. Any others? :D

How many cuc members do you have working on you sand?

I think I have about 10 ceriths and maybe about 18 nassarius vibex.

Got my reefcleaners.org order today! John was super easy to work with.

Added nerites, more nassarius, and chiton... tho the chiton might not have made it (they are listed as sensitive shippers). I'll wait it out a little and see.

Great shot of the fuzzy Chiton. I used to have one in my 29g and also a couple of keyhole Limpets. Such unique creatures. One of those inverts that you rarely get to see in the tank as they are so great at camoflage so when you do see them it's that much more enjoyable.

Took this photo just for you, sir. I usually try to leave some room so I can clean the back wall and to throw extra frags back there. There's about 2" of space at the max.

Tank284.jpg

Awesome! Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar! You've got my vote for the next TOTM.

Hey Tigah, Great tank mate. I love looking at it and seem to always find something new to check out and get a taste of LSD without the tabs. Thanks - your saving my brain one cell at a time

About your Vortech, Is it upside down? Does that help reduce noise or something? In the directions Vortech told me to put my MP10 chord facing up.

Thanks for the sweet tank

Tim

Hey Tigah, Great tank mate. I love looking at it and seem to always find something new to check out and get a taste of LSD without the tabs. Thanks - your saving my brain one cell at a time

LOL. I'm glad my tank can fill that void for you.

About your Vortech, Is it upside down? Does that help reduce noise or something? In the directions Vortech told me to put my MP10 chord facing up.

I know the manufacturer recommends that to help avoid damage in case the vortech were to fall off the tank... So if my vortech does fall, nothing will catch it and prevent it from hitting the floor. I simply didn't want to hang it from my tank (I like to live life dangerously). Aside from that, there is no difference in function.

I'm not voting his TOTM until he gets SPS in there.

NOT TOTM WORTHY WITHOUT SOME SPS!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

I'm in my SPS planning phase right now. Just thinking about how I want to stock the top. I have a pretty good idea now, so SPS will be VERY SOON! :)

Yes! One of the chitons survived! Tho the others... not so lucky.

Check it out! Looks like a crazy prehistoric creature.

Tank285.jpg

Polyplacophorans are sweet. I always wanted one, but I've never seen one available (except at reef cleaners). Let me know how effective a muncher he is!

Tigahboy still taking photo requests?

Pictures of the Sump please. Great tank by the way.

Haha. OK. I'll try to get one up by Sunday evening. I'm out of town right now.

Looking great Tigah! Be really select on the SPS you put in there!

I wish we could find a really large pink yuma like you old 30g. I found one on R2R but its 250+ :(

Get some stony's in there!

-Dave

Came home to a hot mess tonight. Was gone for the weekend and looks like a few nerites went walking around the outside of my tank (found trails and a few dead ones on the floor). Two of my acans were also completely flipped over! :angry:

And to top it all off, my war coral/favia looks like it got nuked along its edge...

Not a happy camper right now...