SaltCritters.com

Coldwater Group Buy

jeremai

e-mail from Ken at foreshores.net:

Hi, Jeremai.

I hope everyone was happy with the pictorial, and that the exposure draws more attention to the NR forums. Maybe people from new places (South Africa, Mediterranean,

British Isles, etc.) will begin to chime in.

Partly because you have shown interest in doing a group order in the past, and partly because so many of you were so generous with your work (i.e. images of your livestock), I

thought I'd offer you all a chance to pick up some items at a steep discount. I'm preparing to shelve my store for an indefinite amount of time-- just finished school, working

on securing a DFW job, and possibly relocating (hopefully to the coast). Though it's hardly my only expense, shipping reflects an enormous chunk of my prices-- so if you were

able to make the minimum order ($250) and could do a pick-up (I know at least some members in your group reside in OR) I would fill a group order for you guys at a 55%

discount on all remaining stock. If interested, let me know and we can discuss it in further detail.

Thanks again to all who shared their great photos.

Kenneth Wingerter

www.foreshores.net

Let me know if you guys want to set something up. Someone in OR would have to pick it up and do the shipping, though. More than half off is a friggin sweet deal though.

Same here. Now we just need someone in OR who can pick everything up and ship it all out...

:cough cough: ... what?

I *might* be able to not sure though. reasons:

a. I'm leaving for college in a year, and I've sort of been not buying things because I'm just going to have to get rid of them.

b. No room in my tank anyway.

c. I'd actually be happy to drive to Eugene for you guys, even if I didn't end up getting any livestock out of it. My parents, however, would likely not want me driving two hours each way, and definitely would not take me, so idk, it would take some convincing.

so count me in as a maybe...

:cough cough: ... what?

I *might* be able to not sure though. reasons:

a. I'm leaving for college in a year, and I've sort of been not buying things because I'm just going to have to get rid of them.

b. No room in my tank anyway.

c. I'd actually be happy to drive to Eugene for you guys, even if I didn't end up getting any livestock out of it. My parents, however, would likely not want me driving two hours each way, and definitely would not take me, so idk, it would take some convincing.

so count me in as a maybe...

I don't have a cold water tank(or any tank at the moment) but I am down to help. If you need help with transportation let me know. I have gained alot from this sight and am always down to return the favor. Plus it can't hurt when I set up my next tank to have a few people owe me one! :D

So if local pickup doesn't work out, what kinda offer can he make with shipping to one person? The $250 minimum will be surpassed easily, and $500 minimum with that discount is likely not an issue.

Shipping was factored in before, so it might be now too... not sure. It's definitely ok if he ships to me, and Portland doesn't cost much, so I guess we'll see. I'll ask my parents tonight if they'd mind me taking a trip down to Eugene. I only have three more weeks of school, so after that I'll be free to pick up if I can, and repackage and ship to everyone if I can't pick up.

how do we decide who gets what? I'd love any of the nice anemones, but I can't really afford them, even at half price. And who's getting the garibaldi? someone needs to set up a giant tank...

The only thing I'm interested that I can afford is the spirorbid worm cluster, but if someone else really wants it that's fine.

edit: oop, just reread the part about shipping, so j/k about the shipping cost part, idk

Shipping was factored in before, so it might be now too... not sure. It's definitely ok if he ships to me, and Portland doesn't cost much, so I guess we'll see. I'll ask my parents tonight if they'd mind me taking a trip down to Eugene. I only have three more weeks of school, so after that I'll be free to pick up if I can, and repackage and ship to everyone if I can't pick up.

how do we decide who gets what? I'd love any of the nice anemones, but I can't really afford them, even at half price. And who's getting the garibaldi? someone needs to set up a giant tank...

The only thing I'm interested that I can afford is the spirorbid worm cluster, but if someone else really wants it that's fine.

edit: oop, just reread the part about shipping, so j/k about the shipping cost part, idk

well, assuming all the livestock we want that is still available is there, i dont think you'll have room in your fish tank for what i'm wanting to buy, cause it looks like some of those anemones are already a pretty good size. so conundrum #2 is thrown in there...

if it's local pickup only, i suppose the pickup person could just run straight to the nearest USPS and ship stuff out. actually, jamie - i'd be willing to buy that spirorbid for you (and pay for shipping my stuff out) if you can make the trip and do the shipping. the least i can do for all you've done for my tank :)

i'm passing on the garibaldi...hard enough keeping the tank clean as it is.

well, assuming all the livestock we want that is still available is there, i dont think you'll have room in your fish tank for what i'm wanting to buy, cause it looks like some of those anemones are already a pretty good size. so conundrum #2 is thrown in there...

if it's local pickup only, i suppose the pickup person could just run straight to the nearest USPS and ship stuff out. actually, jamie - i'd be willing to buy that spirorbid for you (and pay for shipping my stuff out) if you can make the trip and do the shipping. the least i can do for all you've done for my tank :)

i'm passing on the garibaldi...hard enough keeping the tank clean as it is.

ok, well my parents immediate response was no, but I can still accept shipping stuff. I don't know about holding it all. I have a spare chiller and a whole bunch of empty five gallon tanks, which I could link up as holding tanks just to keep everything in. I'd have to be able to get everything out to you guys in a few days though, because that wouldn't be a great long term solution.

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

So, Ken contacted me today about the possible sale thing, with a new offer. He offered to sell us everything on the site for $250. I totalled up everything on the site (he said there's one of each organism, so about $1300). We end up getting, like 80% off (so multiply whatever the price of the organism listed is by .2, and you get the new price!). We can only get this deal if:

a. someone drives down and picks it up

b. we take absolutely everything - that means someone must take the big stuff like the garibaldi, and the large urticinas (which will eat your fish, by the way, if given the chance).

I really want to take him up on this offer, because it makes everything sooo cheap, I'm pretty sure none of us are going to see another white-spotted rose for $40 for a very long time, if ever.

He also said he might be interested in selling his chiller (1/3 HP) so if anyone wants it let me or him know. He is a member here now (coolwaves), so you could probably pm him if you have questions.

So who's in on this? I might be able to convince my parents to let me drive down, but if not, someone else might have to. I do have the means to set up holding tanks for things before the animals are shipped out.

I would be if D, holds the livestock for me. I might able to get the tank up and running sometime this week or next.

1. Who's gonna go get the stuff

2. Who's gonna ship multiple packages out?

Me me me! omgomgomg

Though all I'll really be able to put in my tank are some of the hermits and chitons.. not sure what else.

Yea, guess thats my issue also.

I just noticed that lani has 14,000 posts. Girl you needz to get laid baddddddddddddd.

Yea, guess thats my issue also.

I just noticed that lani has 14,000 posts. Girl you needz to get laid baddddddddddddd.

Great...now she is going to come back with a comment about the prowess of men. Don't you realize it is pretty easy to have 14,000 posts when 13,500 are just one word, BANNED?

i wanted all the nems he had anyway, and a CUC. so i'm in on that and whatever Don's gonna stick in my tank.

hahaha. well guess I should get the chiller ordered and work on take the ap24 down since the livestock is gone now.

Okay, we need to get back to him asap, so, here is a list of everything that's for sale, if you want it, say so. If you're local, please say if you can drive or not, that would be very helpful. I've adjusted the prices to what they will be after the discount.

Urticina lofotensis - 39.80

Phymanthia pluvia - 39.80

Urticina coriacea - 13.80

A. xanthogrammica - 11.80

5 Hermits - 9.00

Lined Chiton - 9.00

Mossy Chiton - 4.80

Garibaldi (juvi) - 39.60

Spirorbid worms - 7.60

Epiactis australiensis - 28.40

Oyster - 4.8

Urticina crassicornis - 37.00

Keyhole Limpet - 10.60

Kelp Crab - 6.20

(that comes out to be 262.20, and we only need 250, but we can polish up the prices later, this is just for a general idea)

In your list, put a star by something if you really want it - and don't worry about claiming something if someone already has, or claiming more than you actually want to pay for, we'll work that out later - this is just to see who wants what so we can make everyone happy. :)

my list: U. lofotensis, spirorbid worms, *Epiactis australiensis, kelp crab.

Archived