Cultivated Reef

Nanoreefnate's 75g Reef-New Video! 2.15.09

nanoreefnate

Go get one! I think you already have a beautiful tank but giving it more light might make it even better eheh! Read up on a lot of articles on it and the lumenbrights concentrate the light more plus placing the lighting higher reduces the amount of heat in the tank! Those 2 reasons are precisely why I chose that reflector! heheh!

YEAH. but i need MULA. ahahahaaah im only 15yeknoo. ill get enough someday before 2012 though :lol:

yeah those lumenarc type reflectors are VERY good. the reef king over here (editor of RHM) uses a variant of the lumenarcs on his tanks. he has even more AWESOMAZING corals. :D

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey thanks for takin a look at my thread so late at night!

Oh wait. just looked at your info. Australia huh? that is a totally AWESOME place. i wish i could go there. -_- dang parents. LOL

thanks for subscribing too!

Hey thanks for takin a look at my thread so late at night!

Oh wait. just looked at your info. Australia huh? that is a totally AWESOME place. i wish i could go there. -_- dang parents. LOL

thanks for subscribing too!

lol yeah its only 7:30pm here

so a 15 yr old reefer?

im 16 :)

haha how do you get the cash for all this?!!

right now ive only got a 20G SW tank that my parents have paid nothing towards it and so far its come to $800AUD for everything... T5 lighting, some corals, fish, etc. my upgrade plans are: a bigger tank, better lighting, a skimmer, a vortech powerhead and a sump but lots of $$

parents just bought me a 160G tank and all the equipment but i think i might just keep it FW :P

EDIT: for spelling

well ive had reef tanks for about 2 and a half years now. ive sold many frags and sold a lighting system last year to help me get the new tank. i also use money from my birthday and from christmas which is given to me which is why i usually upgrade around February. (my birthday is in january) but yeah. im starting to get into the fragging swing again to start generating more money for a new skimmer. =P

i like what you plans are for you upgrade=) and WOW to your parents getting you a 160! Jesus thats HUGE. max ill get is a 120 AGA LOL. good luck with that new tank!

lol oops, i think i typed in the wrong number for multiplication to get litres to gallons :P

its more like 120G

and then a bit less since the front two corners are rounded

heres a link: http://www.cleairaquaticslimited.co.uk/index.html

the place i got it from order them from overseas and it takes 4 months so i only had the choice of whatever was in stock

yeah once i get my FW tank fully setup and running smoothly which may take a month or two then ill start putting funds towards those upgrades... not sure which to do first though

YEAH. but i need MULA. ahahahaaah im only 15yeknoo. ill get enough someday before 2012 though :lol:

yeah those lumenarc type reflectors are VERY good. the reef king over here (editor of RHM) uses a variant of the lumenarcs on his tanks. he has even more AWESOMAZING corals. :D

Well time to save up your money bro! heheh! Its actually way cheaper there than it is here! heheh!

Well i got My Aqua-C Urchin skimmer which i Love but would rather get the EV-180. for lighting i have a Current USA Sundial 150w w/ pc actinics and then my wanna be Tek light fixture from hellolights which is a 4 bulb fixture. as for pumps i got 1 MP40 and a MP20 (both of which i got at Amazing prices)

and a Mag 9.5 as a return with 2 hydor flow deflectors on each return outlet. i also have a phosban reactor which has some GFO in there along with a passive bag of carbon in the sump. as for maintenance i use B-Ionic 2 part along with B-ionic mag accompanied by Kent Tech-M. i also dose Reef Solution, Brightwell's Koral Color, and Lugols solution. i feed every day a good amount of Thera A+(New Life Spectrum) garlic enhanced pellets as well as arcti pods, my own frozen mix, daphnia (at night for the SPS) and live brine. and thats the basic overview of my tank equipment and maintenance. ;)

lol wow :o

and when do you have time to do stuff? :P

joking

hmm dont think im a hardcore reefer :D

i was looking today at costs if i were to upgrade... $1600AUD

its so expensive here, thats for a MH fixture - 2 MH bulbs and 2 atinic tubes, live sand, a skimmer, mp10 and salt!

all in due time though haha

i like how youve got the two sides, the MH make a huge difference but yeah looks good... :happy:

UPDATE:

1000th post!!! :haha::happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:omgomgomg

ok so i moved around some of my rocks again and actually took a rock with some ugly brown zoas out. i also moved my nem because it was sticking my montis. alright here are the pix.

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

Thanks Adam. yeah its a big difference in PAR but the Mh with Pc actinics almost completely matches the 4 bulb T5's i love it so much. :P

LOL ill send you a valida frag for free whenever you decide to get those palys ;)

Thanks man! :happy: ill take a new fts tomorrow whne the light go back on. ill plobably also be doing another vid! :D

Archived