Coral Vue Hydros

Nebthet's 57g REEF-NEW Pix! 04-19-2011

nebthet

acropora1981

FYI guys; I bought torontoreefers.ca after receiving a very silly, and immature message from that other website today lol....if you got it you know what im talking about... I'm building the new forum this week. I have an artist working on the new logo as we speak :D

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
acropora1981
Sweet... make it the best GTA forum out there cuz AP sucks monkey balls.

lol I will...it needs like...40 hrs of work first though haha...give me a week or two ;)

squirrelieygrrrl

totally digging the acro crab! ive wanted one of these for ages. that will probably be one of the first inverts i get for the 40.

Basically, I have some reef roids I use every once in a while, but mostly I just clean my side glass near the feather dusters as it has extremely short filament algae that grows on it and catches all the stuff floating around the tank, and when I disturb it, it kicks up all the debris towards the feather dusters and they lap it up.

• 4 weeks later...

Just some quick updated shots of this tank. Not much has changed over the last month. I have three peppermint shrimp in this tank. They only come out at night. Two males and one female heavy with eggs right now.

Both bengaii cardinals are still in this tank, and the smaller one is not being picked on as much as before and so is able to eat more and is looking better.

Big Momma and Jigsaw are displaying more and more breeding behavior every week and they have been looking for a more suitable area attempt to lay a nest.

toadfeatherzoas04-18-2011.jpg

peppermint04-08-2011.jpg

clowns04-18-2011.jpg

acans04-18-2011.jpg

sebae04-18-2011.jpg

Also, here are some sps polyps shots. Which one do you like the best?

tricolorpolyps04-18-2011.jpg

tenuispolyps04-18-2011.jpg

reddigipolyps04-18-2011.jpg

poccipolyps04-18-2011.jpg

rainbowmonti04-18-2011.jpg

Current Front Tank shote 04-18-2011

fts04-18-2011.jpg

Thanks very much every one. The acans in this tank are very happy, and I never have to feed them. I have also found that the feather dusters in between them makes a nice contrast in movement between having the acan garden all over the sand bed and needing to create interest and movement in that area of the tank.

I would get more.... but I have no more room.......

For now.

• 4 weeks later...

Another small update for this tank.

Things are chugging along as normal. Need the change half the bulbs in a couple of days, as it's that time.

Tried the Microbactor 7 food and it didn't bode too well for my tank. At least not for the sps. They got all pissed off and lost some color, and I lost a couple of them.. . I didn't even use a whole lot of it, so I have stopped using that stuff.

Everything else is growing in nicely, and yesterday, my RBTA decided to split on me, so Woot.. sorta.. both ends are slowly redeveloping their mouth areas, but the bta has bubbled up today like normal. So I think both will heal, as long as the clowns give it time to do so.

Pics are of the split yesterday.

btaspllit05-26-2011.jpg

bta2-05-26-2011.jpg

bta1-05-26-2011.jpg

The sebae is still doing it's own thing and has been slowly shifting over more and will eventually make it down to the sand bed. That is where I will be placing it once I upgrade this tank.. I want to go to a 75g.

sebae05-26-2011.jpg

jigsawsebae05-26-2011.jpg

The one feather duster I have has developed two heads on it, which is really cool and I am excited about. I want to get so many of those.

feather05-26-2011.jpg

Acans are doing good, and the candycanes have grown like mad. Fire Ice acro has branched out a lot, and xenia is slowly crawling everywhere.

candanes05-26-2011.jpg

acros05-26-2011.jpg

redrimzoas05-26-2011.jpg

palys05-26-2011.jpg

digis05-26-2011.jpg

acanduster05-26-2011.jpg

This guy wouldn't stop getting infront of the camera while I was trying to take pics...

bengaiilarge05-26-2011.jpg

guy wouldn't stop getting infront of the camera while I was trying to take pics...

lol if only my fish liked the camera... I have to sit there forever just to get a picture of some motion blur

squirrelieygrrrl

great new shots!

i especially love the macros, all of em. though acro macro #2 i think came out the best. grats on the bta splitting thats exciting.

I have had big momma for over 2years and 4 months, and Jigsaw for 2 years in July.

• 4 months later...

Been a long time since I updated so I thought I would give a quick one.

Tank is still going strong. I have no more room for new corals because I am out of space. I have purchased a used 75g, I just need to reseal the black trim onto the top of it and then save up more to set it up.

Xenia is growing everywhere, the sps are still doing well. Growing slower since I have let the tank balance itsself.

The only fish I have lost is the blue devil damsel, really no loss as she was a b**ch to any new fish added.

Clowns are continuing to lay, the sebae has gotten larger. RBTA has split, etc etc.

I added a couple new corals in Aug down at the bottom of the tank for now until the transfer. I have a monti Setosa, Ponape Birdsnest (so nice with yellow, green blue polyps and purple tips), and a purple monti cap. :) Really, other than fish, I don't want too many new corals.

So here are some pics. nothing great, as the front glass is starting to get the nasty film back on it that doesn't easily scrape off, so it was harder also to photograph some areas on an angle because of that.

setosa: These are really slow growers...

setosa03-11-2011.jpg

Ponape

ponape03-11-2011.jpg

Clown in Sebae

sebae03-11-2011.jpg

Newest nest of clowneggs.

clowneggs03-11-2011.jpg

clownegg03-11-2011.jpg

fts

fts03-11-2011.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a couple more pics.. mostly of my new addition. A 2nd McCoskers flasher wrasse.

I find it rather interesting how much these guys loose color if they are the only ones in the tank with themselves and they grow larger. The new guy, a much smaller juvenile is very bright and eats like a piggy.

mccosk2-11-12-2011.jpg

mccosk1-11-12-2011.jpg

the old guy (I still have him in this tank)

adultmccoskers11-23-2011.jpg

Then some pics of my clowns Big Momma and Jigsaw and then of the larger Male Bengaii, Monster and Sam the Blenny

momma11-23-2011.jpg

jigsaw11-23-2011.jpg

bigmomma11-23-2011.jpg

bengaii11-23-2011.jpg

blenny11-23-2011.jpg

Then here is my Sebae anemone and Jigsaw. The sebae has decided it wants to go through a growth spurt. Mostly this is due to the fact that Jigsaw is now feeding it left over flake food he catches when he has had his fill.

sebaejigsaw11-12-2011.jpg

Archived