I had the opportunity to get my hands on a 55g tank for $60 (Canadian). I have the feeling this tank is not a 55g but a 57g. The dimensions it was sold to me are 36l x 18w x 22h. Which makes it the same as Oceanics illuminata, but with a rim. Either way, for now I am going to treat this as a 55g. Just in case.
I will be moving everything in my current 29g into the new tank.
the final stock list and hardware I would like to include will be the following:
- 57g tank (old style oceanic w/trim)
- 36" 234w 6x39w Tek T5HO light
- 40lb pacific black live sand
- 65lbs live rock fully cured.
- Aquaclear 70 HOB Filter (200gph)
- Vortech MP 20 (1500gph max)
- Vortech MP 10 (1500gph max)
- Koralia 3 (860gph)
- AquaC Remora Skimmer w/ 1200+Drain
- 300w heater
- 1 x SA Onyx Clownfish (Ordering an extra in case of issues. once paired. the 3rd will have a new home in my sisters' tank so it doesn't get picked on my the other two)
- 1x Picasso Clownfish
- 1 x Blue Devil Damsel (If overly aggressive it will have a new home elsewhere)
- 2 x Bengaii Cardinal.. (0xMIA)
- 1x Starry Blenny
- 1x McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
- 7 hermit crabs
- 20+ nassarius snails (7 large, 10+ small, 8 babies)
- 2 trochus snails
- 5 cerith snails
- 1 Turbo snails
- Pulsing Xenia on rocks beginning to really go nuts now.. time for frags.
- Aussie Duncan 24heads + New duncan frag now at 16 heads
- Candy Canes Green 8 heads and growing
- Zoanathids: Peach Eye and Radioactive dragoneye and Orange rimmed, Red blue centres, Yellow Centre Orange rimmed.
- Green Star Polyps covered over three rocks and sand.
- various SPS x 9 (MontiCaps, Digis, Bottlebrush, Tenuis, TriColor, purple haze encrusting, rainbow encrusting, pocillipora, green unknown acro, green porites)
- Toadstool leather
- Sebae (Heterachtis Crispa) Anemone
- Orange Green with tiny purple tipped (rainbow) Bubble Tipped Anemone
- Green ring Acan
- Pink and Teal Acan
- Bright red Acan
- Black Cherry Acan
- Lavendar Acan
- Olive Forest Acan
- Christmas Favia
- Green mouthed Yumas on a rock
- Assorted mushroom rock being held for a friend.
- 4 feather dusters
- Purple Octodes (Macroalgae).. little bits here and there but being eaten by turbo snail.
So please let me know what you think about my plans and stocking list.
When I set up the live rock I plan on making ridges to separate the LPS and soft corals.
Once it is set up I will add lots of pics.
Edited by nebthet, 19 April 2011 - 01:41 PM.