Coral Vue Hydros

Unofficial Clown Goby Thread

Nanobuds

Quick question. Why aren't threads official any more? They have every right to be official...just thinking out loud.

I was going to get a clown goby, but a mantis shrimp just seemed more appealing.

noirsphynx

Here's Squirt in his favorite acro. I've had this guy for about a year now and he's such a fat happy little guy. I did have two in my 90g but one ended up in my overflow where there were hermits and I suspect it became a meal. Also the one that ended up in the overflow had the worst habit of eating my elegance. Yes I said elegance an LPS not an SPS :huh: . I sat and watched the little guy stuff himself full of the polyps(even though he was well fed on prepared foods). After he dissappeared my elegance started to recover but it was almost a goner.

YellowClownGobyJune209.jpg

I also used to have a little Panda Goby. Super cute but oh so cryptic. I had it in a 10g as an only fish and I very rarely ever saw it. I believe it starved and perished :tears: They'd be better suited for a tiny pico tank.

post-36605-1243955196_thumb.jpg

Edited by noirsphynx

yeah that panda looks pale ans starved... sorry bad luck.

I like squirt, sucks about the other one. i never heard of them eating LPS...

superdavesds

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

That be my little fellow. He sits on my acan lords and pisses em off all the time.

Edited by superdavesds

I used to have one. He was a cool guy but wouldn't eat anything(mysis,live brine,pellets,flakes). He starved to death in about 2 weeks. :(

Here he is though.

100_5682.jpg

100_5686.jpg

My clown is has been very picky lately...

I've tired, Formula One flake, duraflake, blood worms, 'reef plankton', sinking pellets, betta food and every combanation of those dipped in garlic. Hell I even bought live adult brine shrimp. He just bites and kills them and then lets them float away. Seems like the only thing he will eat is live baby brine (no nutritional value) and frozen brine (questionable nutritional value) Any ideas?

Thought I would add a new shot of my YCG. Speaking of food, this guy wont stop begging for food. He comes up to the glass any time I walk by and will eat anything thrown in from pellets, to garlic flake, to brine.

-jds

M-IMG_3097.JPG

superdavesds

IDK, my little guy is eating but keeps getting thinner. I just dont know if he is going to make it. This sucks. :(

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Edited by superdavesds
My clown is has been very picky lately...

I've tired, Formula One flake, duraflake, blood worms, 'reef plankton', sinking pellets, betta food and every combanation of those dipped in garlic. Hell I even bought live adult brine shrimp. He just bites and kills them and then lets them float away. Seems like the only thing he will eat is live baby brine (no nutritional value) and frozen brine (questionable nutritional value) Any ideas?

hmm... i say try cyclopeeze or rods food. if thet doesnt work then i dont know what will sorry...

Thought I would add a new shot of my YCG. Speaking of food, this guy wont stop begging for food. He comes up to the glass any time I walk by and will eat anything thrown in from pellets, to garlic flake, to brine.

-jds

M-IMG_3097.JPG

very cool!

IDK, my little guy is eating but keeps getting thinner. I just dont know if he is going to make it. This sucks. :(

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

he looks healthy besides the skinny stomach... i think he has parasites. when they are fed well they have the good colors, like yours. however he is pobably skinny from parasites. post in the desease or pest treatment for more help...

addicted2reefer

keep your tank stocked with pods and they love cyclopeez . so far anything else i put in there he doesnt look twice at it. the pods give em something to find and eat daily, then i do the freeze dried cyclopleez on sundays.

always perch'd on my montipora digitata. waiting and watching for a pod to move along the glass

endofmayupdates5_31031.jpg

• Like 1