Coral Vue Hydros

Vivid aquariums

Paleoreef103

Paleoreef103

So being in charge of a couple of tanks that were set up as "instructional improvements" at the U of Iowa, I decided to set one up as more of a pacific wave base and one as a Caribbean biotope. The live stock for the Caribbean biotope has been going through sea life but the university has a very funny policy on pay pal so it is currently caught up in bureaucratic red tape. For the Pacific tank, I set out for a predominantly SPS tank and decided to go through Vivid aquariums for the corals and fish as they were considerably cheaper than Live aquaria. So how was it? REALLY GOOD! All of the corals came in above size listened on the site and extremely healthy. The fish are all active, eating, and fat. The shipping was done extremely well with the heat packs taped to the lid of a styrofoam container and each specimen was at least double bagged. They did forget one of the fish on the order, but when I emailed them to say that it did not come, but no longer wanted it, their immediate response was "no problem, sorry about forgetting the fish, and your credit card will be refunded the cost of the fish." No questions asked. Great communication, very speedy, overall very professional. I'd do business again with them in a heart beat.

I'll write up my take on Sea Life when the red tape is lifted. (This is more of knock on the university. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Sea Life is all about!)

You won't be disappointed with Sea Life Inc.! Never ordered from Vivid but I know they have some amazing stuff....good to know!

You won't be disappointed with Sea Life Inc.! Never ordered from Vivid but I know they have some amazing stuff....good to know!

I got my liverock from vivid and I am very happy with it. I will be grabbing an order of corals from them when my tank is cycled for sure.

what's up everybody.just reading your comments on vivid and let me talk you that I go there every Friday to get some sw and every friday I tell myself I'm not going to buy something today.I always leave with a new coral.don't tell my wife.haha.nah she cool with my hobby.twice I had sps die know question asked got new ones.all the guys that work there are every helpful.that store has the best stuff in L.A. area.so lucky to live close by,sorry but have to rub it in all be there in about 1hr.

what's up everybody.just reading your comments on vivid and let me talk you that I go there every Friday to get some sw and every friday I tell myself I'm not going to buy something today.I always leave with a new coral.don't tell my wife.haha.nah she cool with my hobby.twice I had sps die know question asked got new ones.all the guys that work there are every helpful.that store has the best stuff in L.A. area.so lucky to live close by,sorry but have to rub it in all be there in about 1hr.

Im so jealous..im in Chicago area. I strongly suggest the Hulk zoanthids..they look super green on their site but in my tank they are a flourecent sky blue under radium 20k.

Archived