Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Vic's Random Photography

Withers

Also, lol @ 'only working with a 450D and 17-40'. Have you seen what Lalani and I are working with? ;)
hey now, i've got the same silver pos too...
Well, my 350D is black. And it has a grip! :lol:

<_<

I have a grip too, though. :happy:

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, I really love lightroom

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

;)

Really like the idea for 6, 9, 15. A little bit of editing could really make those shine imo.

o, and lol @ silver bodies :happy:

Everything I've read has basically said that both Lightroom and Aperture are more or less neck and neck, with Lightroom having an advantage because it can be used on either a PC or a Mac.

On the other hand, I really like how iPhoto is set up and Aperture is cheaper. It's pretty much a toss up for me right now.

Everything I've read has basically said that both Lightroom and Aperture are more or less neck and neck, with Lightroom having an advantage because it can be used on either a PC or a Mac.

On the other hand, I really like how iPhoto is set up and Aperture is cheaper. It's pretty much a toss up for me right now.

Vic are you saying that the same lightroom can be used on both (i.e. purchase once, install on your pc and mac simultaneously), or do you mean that you can purchase it for both?

Not that I'm downplaying y'alls opinions, but has anyone used both?

i've used both. they are very similar. i decided on lightroom.

lightroom integrates nicely with photoshop. aperture doesn't.

lightroom is quicker unless you've got a mac pro.

Vic are you saying that the same lightroom can be used on both (i.e. purchase once, install on your pc and mac simultaneously), or do you mean that you can purchase it for both?

I'm just saying that I could purchase it for both if I decide to switch from a Mac back to a PC again and not have to relearn a new program.

i've used both. they are very similar. i decided on lightroom.

lightroom integrates nicely with photoshop. aperture doesn't.

lightroom is quicker unless you've got a mac pro.

Hmm, well I'll start with Lightroom then and see if I like it or not. Thanks guys :)

Picked up Lightroom2 last evening and bought Scott Kelby's book on how to use it. So far I really like it, but I haven't even gotten to the Develop module portion of the book yet, so I'm flying blind as far as editing goes.

The only part I don't like is how there doesn't really seem to be any way to fill the picture on the entire screen and still edit it. It's difficult to edit on a 15" screen.

Picked up Lightroom2 last evening and bought Scott Kelby's book on how to use it. So far I really like it, but I haven't even gotten to the Develop module portion of the book yet, so I'm flying blind as far as editing goes.

The only part I don't like is how there doesn't really seem to be any way to fill the picture on the entire screen and still edit it. It's difficult to edit on a 15" screen.

you should try it on a 9" screen :mellow:

defer to lani on 17.

Yeah :( Actually, now that I look at it, I could've cropped it a bit closer and gotten rid of the baby pool in the top of the frame.

• 2 weeks later...

20090506-IMG_4944_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

20090506-IMG_4914_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

20090506-IMG_4902_3_4_tonemapped-1-.jpg

20090506-IMG_4953_4_5_tonemapped-1-.jpg

Edit: Also, I bought LR and the Scott Kelby book on it, and holy ###### this software is amazing.

Edit: Also, I bought LR and the Scott Kelby book on it, and holy ###### this software is amazing.

inorite? i rarely open photoshop anymore :D

nice hdr work, you really got it down now.

I still need to try LR..

you're always the last one to try new stuffz :P

• 4 weeks later...

One from today:

IMG_6287__.jpg

I really need to find a decent spot for a photoshoot. Taking pics of cars on grass = automatic failure.

Archived