Pod Your Reef

Vic's Random Photography

Withers

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do it.

I'm a good one to talk though, I've been meaning to do this one painting for months and just haven't made the time for it.

• 2 months later...

Whats your favorite thing about the 6D over the xxD series you had

Easily the low light performance.

:wub: This car.

Thanks! It's about to go up for sale though.

I'm going to list it at $14k as is, but it doesn't have to come with the current set of wheels on it or the euro bumpers, which would decrease the price significantly. I'd be willing to source a set of stock springs as well if someone didn't want it lowered.

It's in really good condition. The paint is only 2 years old and I've kept it in pristine shape. A little less than 90,000 miles. It comes with a factory hardtop (also freshly painted) and mechanically works very well. I just had the timing chain replaced, so it shouldn't need any more maintenance items for a long long time. It also has a brand new blower motor for the heater and a new set of bilstein shocks.

The only things that don't work are the A/C (pointless in this type of car) and the radio, which I'm going to try and have working by the time I sell it. I've never bothered to take it out to see what was wrong with it.

• 1 month later...

Hey I'm pushing 2 years on the Mercedes :lol: I think I'm rubbing off on her. She really didn't like the Honda after driving it for a while, the beltline was so high that it had major blind spots and was a royal pain to park and it felt huge compared to her MINI.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey dude, can you show, or say, how you take photographs of your freinds cars while on the road? As in, do you just stick the camera out the window? Or do you have a special device or mount that you use?

Also, got any more pictures of those awesome rims you're working on for your wife's Mini?

:)

I don't have any that I've taken, but this is how it's done.

roflbotxrer.jpg

I don't sit in the trunk, I just hang out of the passenger side window, but the process is the same. I go much slower than highway speeds too, I rarely ever do them at anything higher than 40mph. As long as both cars are moving at exactly the same speed, and assuming you don't have any camera shake with bumps in the road, the car should be in perfect focus while the road / wheels are a blur. I typically get one in every 20 or so shots as a keeper, which is greatly improved compared to the first time I did it.

Sadly the wheel fitment was too aggressive for Krista's tastes so we're going a different direction. They're back in the paint shop getting painted silver then I'll be selling them. Should still make a nice profit off of them so I'm not too fussed over it.

Let's see, what else I have taken recently. Some dragon flies:

14191882430_9ac6cf14fe_z.jpg

Creepy scale on the branch, blegh

14378448345_b33795ee9f_z.jpg

Baby rabbit Krista found in the backyard

14191827158_5927ccc331_z.jpg

Random Frog

14214698761_a6e27f09ce_z.jpg

Couple of shots of my MINI, which I'm loving to death.

14035758180_5c7d25670c_z.jpg

14035758120_0b716dd45c_z.jpg

14161853811_0da8748cc4_z.jpg

14162425612_129ee37b2f_z.jpg

Archived