Cultivated Reef

Lani's 10gal Coldwater

Lalani

The ambient temp of the room was 80 degrees. Since I was looking for max pull-down, I didn't use the controller. I could never get the temp below 60 though. I guess for Waratahs and Catalina gobies it would have been fine, but not for the Gulf of Maine livestock I had been planning on at the time.

o, lol...

i always forget about that desert temperature thing. :lol: we stick to low 70s around here. more due to humidity than anything else though.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....'bout time, cheese.... :P

I hope this flies Kim, I know how much ya want dem 'berries. :wub:fingerscrossed

Thanks, Richie. :flower:

If this chiller doesn't work out.. it may be a while before this tank is ready to go... we'll see.

That little thermoelectric is going to be running like 24/7 to keep that thing cold and still may not do the job.

Sell it and see if you can find a used JBJ artica nano or Current-USA 1/15hp.

Bah :(

Right now it seems to be holding the temp around 67F (LED light is off, so it's not cooling anymore), which is at least 10 degrees warmer than I need. Just found a bunch of insulation in my shipping supplies, so I'm going to start cutting a couple of layers to attach to the outside.

kingwintergreen
That little thermoelectric is going to be running like 24/7 to keep that thing cold and still may not do the job.

Sell it and see if you can find a used JBJ artica nano or Current-USA 1/15hp.

I agree that it looks like you'll have to get a more powerful unit, but I'd keep the Iceprobe for a back-up.

Might be cheaper to just to buy a minifridge, build the tank inside and just open the door when you want to look at it......

Thnx for the link, Maria, I'll check it out.

Chiller could only bring the water down to 66.8F, so I'll have to scrap that idea............ Anybody have a link to a good chiller for this tank? I can always put it on one of the credit cards. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've skimmed that thread. I only use my credit cards for small (less than $500) purchases and pay them off within a couple of months. I like credit cards.

Aloha

Ive been following yur thread because im planning to purchase the Iceprobe chiller that you have. The lowest temps that got from the chiller is what im looking for, are you planning in selling it? If so, how much? If not what Website did you get it from? Much Mahaloz

Hi nanu nanu! Not sure if I'm going to sell the iceprobe or not. Going to hold onto it for a little while longer. I bought it from a fellow NR member, through the classifieds. If I end up selling it, I'll let you know first. :)

Archived