Coral Vue Hydros

Gorilla Glue vs Super Glue Gel

RockinSmall

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never superglued any living tissue to anything, however I'm sure that any cyanoacrylate gel will work. Just read the label and you will know!

thelastlaugh9

I guess it's full price for me then unless you want to sell some with a few frags (=

Seriously though, I'd like to know how it works out for you. There are tried and true people, products and pu.. See, I won't go there... Sometimes you have to try something new to find something better.. Keep us informed

thelastlaugh9

i.e. The Model T Ford was amazing and so where brothels but how often do we drive a Model T Ford to a brothel? Move forward friends. What works for you, keep using because you know how to use it and the outcome. It doesn't mean there are not new or better ways.. All I'm saying is keep a open mind until you try and fail or succeed

with any super glue gel i always get my fingers stuck together.

+1, that's the only reason I use tweezers actually.... not because I couldn't use my long girly fingernails as tweezers, but bc I kept sticking my fingers to my frags... VERY SILLY!!!

Imagine me walking down the hall to my boyfriend... Hey honey... please pull this frag off my fingers (while having BOTH hands stuck to the darn thing)...LOL! If only it had only happened once...

Latex gloves are cheap, practice safe fraggingthumbsup.gif

not evin when im fragging. i could just be fixing a crack in something. or sumin like that and wam fingers stuck.... imagine getting it in you eye! or mouth.... i do need to pick up some gloves too.

Super glue gel is not to be used as a sex lube. Its says so on the bottle cor.

hahahaha :lol:

not evin when im fragging. i could just be fixing a crack in something. or sumin like that and wam fingers stuck.... imagine getting it in you eye! or mouth.... i do need to pick up some gloves too.

hahahaha :lol:

now that's too funny! :haha:

watch where you spray your glue coralcor!

I scored a 12 pack of super glue gel at Lowes for $4.00 - I'm set for years. OK... a few months anyhow.

CA doesn't last for years, be sure to buy a quantity you can use up in 6 months or so.

Though I suppose if it sticks not super well it doesn't matter as much in this application...

I should read that glue link - I'm assuming using a kicker is a bad idea on frags.

Osric

i.e. The Model T Ford was amazing and so where brothels but how often do we drive a Model T Ford to a brothel? Move forward friends. What works for you, keep using because you know how to use it and the outcome. It doesn't mean there are not new or better ways.. All I'm saying is keep a open mind until you try and fail or succeed

What are you talking about? I drive a Model T and I own a brothel? Are you trying to say I'm out of touch?

HecticDialectics

depends if its the regular gorilla glue or just gorilla glue brand super glue

regular gorilla glue is an entirely different animal than super glue and will not work.

i got some super glue gel from the 99c store and it sucks... the thing is that its the same as the stuff at lowes... maybe bad batch...

how did the gorilla sg work?

Atlantis Reef

I have had good luck with both super glue gel and now Gorilla I tried it this weekend and worked fine but more $$$ for it

BLoCkCliMbeR
i got some super glue gel from the 99c store and it sucks... the thing is that its the same as the stuff at lowes... maybe bad batch...

how did the gorilla sg work?

it should only have to hold long enough for the coral to attach to its base....its not really ment to be permenent, it was invented for surgical use orignialy right? shoot....ill google it...

from wickedopeedia..

Superglue was in veterinarian use for mending bone, hide, and tortise shell by at least the early 1970s. The inventor of cyanoacrylates, Harry Coover, said in 1966 that a superglue spray was used in the Vietnam war to retard bleeding in the wounded, whilst they were being transported to hospital. As it can irritate the skin, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration did not approve superglue's civilian medical use until 1998 when a variant called 2-octyl-cyanoacrylate was developed. The latest generation of 2-octyl cyanoacrylates, such as SurgiSeal[2], have greater tensile strength, greater moisture and oxygen transmission to the wound, and do not require a catalyst/initiator. Superglue's use in the Vietnam War is referenced in the film Dog Soldiers.

The Propagator

Some of it does suck from the 99 center.

You just have to take the good with the bad in the bunch and remember you only paid a dollar for it.

I have ( quite literally ) and entire drawer FULL of dollar store super glue gel LOL! Love the stuff.

but you have to remember that its at the dollar store for a reason. Its almost out of date so they sold it to them in bulk.

If you get a liquid type glue that's supposed to be gel, let it sit for a day with out the cap on.

Don't squeeze it ! just pierce the end. The glue will gel up. If you get one thats thick and hard to get out, use it for acros. Its always a win win for me using dollar store glue ?

Tip.. the minute you get super glue on your hand stick it in the tank, or under running lukewarm water. It dries the glue faster and lets it peel right up with out your skin going with it.

If your fingers are stuck together use finger nail polish remover.

Latex glove are a BAD idea when glueing frags. All you will end up with is rubber glued to your frags.

The Propagator

Oh thit.

I just forgot about it LOL !

I'll send them old bulb to you tomorrow. I will be shipping a package off any ways.

Thanks for the reminder though :D

Archived