Pod Your Reef

Photo Of The Month Contest Themes

Christopher Marks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What about lfs. Display tanks. Inventory cleanliness. I know I'm proud of my lfs. And honestly its where it all starts for us. I can't explain how excited I get when I go. See all the new fish, coral, BS with staff and other people. I've seen some pretty impressive displays. Just a thought.

rainbow

symmetry

foot

polyp extension

babies/ spawning

water

things are not as they appear

these are some off the top of my head. I am not sure if some of these have been done or not...

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see some old ones from back in the day come back. Sexy shrimp would be cool. Here are a few leathers,zoa garden,goby,sump,chalice,hiding,coralline. I would like to see some cut and dry titles like sexy shrimp,goby,lps,soft,sps things like that.

Or let the photo of the month winner pick the next month. You don't need all the power space dog lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What about lfs. Display tanks. Inventory cleanliness. I know I'm proud of my lfs. And honestly its where it all starts for us. I can't explain how excited I get when I go. See all the new fish, coral, BS with staff and other people. I've seen some pretty impressive displays. Just a thought.

love this idea!

i was also surprised not to see anybody say aquascaping pics. judged purely on the awesome art of aquascapes. maybe they did mention it i just didnt see. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
High Dynamic Range! Maybe with FTS. Macro would be cool too.

HDR would be a terrible idea IMHO (too much photo manipulation involved) for on this site as 95% of the folks on here can’t tell a good photo from a hole in the ground.

The second issue with setting more difficult camera trickery based themes is that most people on this site don’t know how to do them nor have the proper equipment. Look at this month’s contest….10 days in and I am the only person who submitted anything and it was just an example as I will remove it before voting starts and replace it with something else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hitch hikers

clean up crews

feeding time

edit:

maybe we could re-use some of the old contest themes. old categories new photos

• 1 month later...

how about egg carriers? shrimps and crabs or something odd

feather dusters

clams

reflections would be neat (off glass or surface)

symbiosis

cleaning stations, shrimps doin their job

living backgrounds, corals growing on the back walls

coral warfare would be interesting to see

lights out, pics taken in moonlight

Archived