inTank Media Baskets

My New Ratatouille Tank!

BibleSue

My husband has been asking me to downsize all of the coral stuff & bother so I have been selling off things in my prop tank & not buying more. At the Nashville Frag Swap, I ordered a stand & hood after seeing the unfinished ones the vendor had there and being quoted an amazing price. When I later called to see if he had any of the tanks he had at the swap for my daughter's soft shell turtle, he quoted a cheap price to make her a 30g tank. I decided to have him make me one for that price & drill it so I didn't have to wait on hubby to get it all done. I finally got it today!

DSCF7040.jpg

I have some corals from my 30L prop tank as well as LR to put in here. I also have some very nice LR from my daughter's tank with a few corals & a black cap basslet. I will be moving the contents of my 10g kitchen tank into the soup! :lol:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She had him custom make that ledge for her.

I have to admit, it does look very nice.

How are all of the details on the tank itself, Mama Sue?

Nice Sue! Weetie, is this the same person you were having trouble with?

Yes, it is.

That's why I asked her how the details looked.

I've just been reading some feedback from ppl on reef2reef who have gotten tanks from this guy, and it's all positive.

The pics of their stuff all look just as nice as hers.

I just wish that I could have trusted him to come through for me.

I do really hope this tank works as well for Susan as it looks in the pic.

She had him custom make that ledge for her.

I have to admit, it does look very nice.

How are all of the details on the tank itself, Mama Sue?

You are fast. I was just getting ready to send you a PM with a link & saw you were already here. Looks good so far. He sealed the holes in the bottom that were drilled wrong the first time with nice large squares attached to the bottom of the tank. I haven't checked the sides with the super duper magnifying glass yet for hairline cracks from cutting the glass yet. Visual looks good. The overflow box is well done.

IMO... This tank will be amazing!!! :happydance:

Looks great!!!

Thanks! I sure hope so!

Very nice. Does this guy have a website?

Let me see if all is OK because of all the problems before I post that info. This was quite an ordeal. He was going from strictly wholesale to retail & was overwhelmed. The first tank was the wrong color & didn't have the ledge. The tank was drilled for a closed loop. Communication was not too swift either. He had his main carpenter cut his hand pretty bad & he does a lot of the work himself. He still had his commercial orders to fill as well as my DIO.

He is saying he is not going to charge me but just tip the driver who came 2 hours north of his last deliver just to bring it to my house. If all is good, I am going to send him a check. It is well built in solid wood. That is only right since he did deliver what I ordered.

Nice Sue! Weetie, is this the same person you were having trouble with?

Thanks Mr. New Mod, Sir. Congratulations!

nice tank, glad you finally got it

Thank you. I am very happy with the look. After years in business I know how one difficult situation can make company look bad & I don't want to do that in this case. The driver had 3 1/2 hour drive back home & he got here at 8:30 my time, 9:30 his time. He still took time to answer questions & talk with my chatty husband. He offered to pay for the mapquest directions I printed out because a spilled soda ruined his. The owner kept me posted yesterday when the truck broke down on the way back from a PA delivery & today the driver did as he made the trip.

Aww, thanks. :blush:

You're welcome! You deserve it. I see you taking the time to answer questions the new people ask & not making them feel dumb for asking. You make NR look good! :flower:

that is one nice tank!

Thanks for stopping in to look. I can't wait to get it up & running. I am going to take my time & do it right though.

wow, that stand and canopy are beautiful!!! this tank is gonna look sweet for sure!!! any ideas for lighting, filtration, etc etc.???

good luck, cant wait to see more!!

wow, that stand and canopy are beautiful!!! this tank is gonna look sweet for sure!!! any ideas for lighting, filtration, etc etc.???

good luck, cant wait to see more!!

Thank you. The top has a brass piano hinge to get the the tank & light. I have a 36" T5HO light for it & my new Vorech MP40. The tank is a 30L & I will use the 20H from my prop tank for the sump/fuge. I have a 1" overflow with 1/2" return. I will us a Maxi Jet for the return pump. I don't know if I will use the Sea Clone Skimmer that is in my sump or break out the Berlin X2 that I won at the frag swap which would be a bit overkill.

:happy:

Hi! Does Tristen still want to get a larger tank? I may have an extra one in the near future.

clifford513
Hi! Does Tristen still want to get a larger tank? I may have an extra one in the near future.

Hi!!!! Nah, I am doing all the work on his little tank. He's on the school baseball team and is all jockish atm :mellow:

Hi!!!! Nah, I am doing all the work on his little tank. He's on the school baseball team and is all jockish atm :mellow:

Tell him I said "Hi!" He's a good kid!

That is a sweet looking tank you have there can't wait to see it filled.

Adolfo

Thanks! Leak test tomorrow.

Archived