inTank Media Baskets

Gulf's AP24

gulfsurfer101

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Yeah I try and mess with the settings on the digi to get the blue tone out and try to capture the colors of everything but my attampts are feeble at best. I guess I should log in the hot pink chalice I picked up yesterday for half credit half cash. It's no bubble gum monster but I now have a chalice going on in my tank so I'm cool with that.

kidsandreeftank4023.jpg

kidsandreeftank4022.jpg

kidsandreeftank4020.jpg

Lobo's open up and ready to eat

kidsandreeftank4026.jpg

Remembered to get a shot of the two nems I have now after they split

kidsandreeftank4027.jpg

kidsandreeftank4028.jpg

Skimmer is finally pushing up skim every so often

kidsandreeftank4014.jpg

I think I'm going to want to get a bigger sump because I want more stuff in it

kidsandreeftank4013.jpg

Wow, the tank is looking awesome. :lol: What kind of frags do you have? Once my tank settles down I'd love to buy some stuff from you, or maybe arrange a trade after I frag some of my prettier zoo's. Your pictures are getting better and better, you can really see all the bright colors of your tank. Keep up the good work!

gulfsurfer101

Thanks, I basically just suck at taking pics of my tank. Your tank was looking awsome and I'd be down to do some trading for some of your zoa frags. I need to add some more in here anyways.

gulfsurfer101

Got some frags today from reefcrawler, everything was packaged nicely and shipped well. Here they are in my tank hours after adding them.

Sunsetfrags004.jpg

These are some sweet sunset frags.

reefCrawler
Got some frags today from reefcrawler, everything was packaged nicely and shipped well. Here they are in my tank hours after adding them.

Sunsetfrags004.jpg

These are some sweet sunset frags.

Glad to see my frags doing well in your tank.

Nice setup!!

gulfsurfer101

Thank you for the awsome frags. This set up is pretty sweet and things are growing at a superfast rate. Most of my coral never really grew under my sunpod 150 w/stock bulb but just a couple of months under this light and things have encrusted, split, multiplied and colored nicely.

Nice new frags! Maybe soon after I frag my zoo's we can set up a trade! I lost a couple corals with all that ph crap :/ But everything seems to be recovering. :)

gulfsurfer101
Nice new frags! Maybe soon after I frag my zoo's we can set up a trade! I lost a couple corals with all that ph crap :/ But everything seems to be recovering. :)

Sounds good, I was supposed to have some ppe's from bobby but they didn't make it. I know how much of a zoa lover you are since the first pm you wrote me like a year ago. I wanted to throw a polyp in there just to suprise you but looks like I'm still trying to work something out with him. At this point I'd be willing to accaept half the money I sent out since we both lost out of the deal or if he could just replace them with polyps that are healthy and glued down right.

Here is the latest fts with my sunset frags rocking the sandbed.

Sunsetfrags003.jpg

I also made two three polyp frags of those zoas that originally looked like mohawks but have now turned pinkishgreen splattered. If you don't have any of these I will throw them in along with some horizons but I think I might have seen some of those in your thread. Glad to hear you got your ph up to par, this tank hardly fluctuates with a reverse lighting cycle over my sump and proper dosing in between wc's everything stays happy and if I over shoot anything it's usually knocked out by my weekly 5g water change.

That sounds awesome! I'm a sucker for some pretty zoa's. :) The only ones I have frags of right now are the teal ones and the ones that are kind of blue speckled with orange mouths. But hopefully soon I'll have some of my nice bright orange ones. They would be a good trade for some of those ppe's if you get them. That FTS is looking really good!

gulfsurfer101
That sounds awesome! I'm a sucker for some pretty zoa's. :) The only ones I have frags of right now are the teal ones and the ones that are kind of blue speckled with orange mouths. But hopefully soon I'll have some of my nice bright orange ones. They would be a good trade for some of those ppe's if you get them. That FTS is looking really good!

Just let me know when your ready and I'll see what frags I got to trade, I'm always fragging something out and got stuff just sitting in the tank after I frag it out. Some more zoas would be sweet.

gulfsurfer101

I did some putty work today placing that aussie acro on the top rock along with those out of conrtol zoas and both rainbow monti's and moved the superman monti to the lower rockwork of the tank where I think it should get the best color. I started moving the sunset frags I got from reefcrawler into the rockwork also and am still blown away by the larger frag that he sent. I'm also putting away some cash for something special.

gulfsurfer101

Thanks MP, I am also currently putting away a few extra bucks to get a few things I still need to get my daughters 10g going and the small frag is going in there. I have everything I need to set it up I just don't have a decent skimmer but was looking at a cheap aquamedic skimmer that looks like it should do the trick and just use my sunpod that originally came with this tank for it. Look for that thread sometime soon.

quick edit for some pics of the frags after rescaping a bit.

Sunsetfrags013.jpg

Sunsetfrags024.jpg

Sunsetfrags022.jpg

Sunsetfrags027.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Looks like I'm going to be tearing this tank down soon and replacing it with a 40br. I picked up the tank today but I still have a few things to do before I start making the swap. I'm currently in the proccess of getting a stand welded out of angle iron then I should be ready to do the thing.

Woo that's exciting! I love how 40 breeders look. You'll have a whole bunch of room for new frags! they all look great buy the way. I'm interested in buying some new stuff, so could you pm me some info on the ones you would be willing to sell?

gulfsurfer101

Fo-Show! I'll be pm'n you fo shore................. yeah I want to get all new rock though and just cycle the tank in before I add everything in just to make shure there are no suprises that I have to deal with.

Sounds good! Can't wait to see it! I think I might order the AZOO mini 2.5 gallon tank for my pico. its about 13 bucks cheaper than the picotope just because it isn't seamless in the front. I think it still looks good :P Can't wait to here from you about the frags :D

gulfsurfer101

That little tank could go a long way with the right equip. I have some monti cap frags and a few zoa frags and possibly just some miscellanious items strown about in here just go ahead an pm me to set something up.

gulfsurfer101

Well looks like things are going to take a little bit longer to get together but there's no rush in this hobby. I'm going to want to drill the tank for both over flow and return. I'm going to want to put in my own overflowbox instead of using the cpr over flow box. Also after looking into material cost it turns out that it would be more expensive to try and construct my own stand than just buying one. I also need to work on the sump design and go over lots of things before I decide to just transfer everything to my new tank. Look like things will be in the AP for a while before they are ready for their new home.

gulfsurfer101

Messing around with the camera today trying to get a decent pic in and took these. Lizzy I got you pm and basically what I got up for grabs are these frags,

Monti cap frags

coralsNkids2011.jpg

a frag from my now small ora colletction

coralsNkids2007.jpg

these crazy ultra fast growing zoas under the horizons

coralsNkids2005.jpg

a shot with out flash

coralsNkids2015.jpg

I also fragged a polyp of these rpe's today!

coralsNkids2027.jpg

after shot

coralsNkids2009.jpg

And here are just random shots taken today trying to configure settings and seeing what I come up with.

Still waiting to set up the 40 for another day.

coralsNkids2008.jpg

coralsNkids2013.jpg

coralsNkids2014.jpg

coralsNkids2006.jpg

This guy is always hiding in the rocks.

coralsNkids2001.jpg

So is this guy but has no problem coming out to see what's up.

coralsNkids2010.jpg

coralsNkids2023.jpg

coralsNkids2024.jpg

SPS top shelf

coralsNkids2026.jpg

Nope nothing in here I already have. :)

I will probably be sending out you mulah by this weekend. I'll let you know if it takes longer.

gulfsurfer101

Here are some pics of the rpe I fragged for lizzy yesterday. It was fully o0pne but got ticked when I moved it to get a decent photo along with a shot of the five headed frag I took it from and just some zoas because they were looking nice today.

coralsNkids2033.jpg

coralsNkids2031.jpg

coralsNkids2032.jpg

Edit:

rpe frag opened up.

coralsNkids2041.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Sad news today. Just found one of my ora misbars in bad shape when I came home and now he's gone to the big tank in the sky.

Archived