SaltCritters.com

Project100 - Rimless Bathtub -

Maeda

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P1040651.jpg

I picked up my long lost friends. THANK YOU EZCO!

That's Lokani, Undata, and Pink Lemonade. They look a little ill now. :\ PRAY FOR THEM!

P1040655.jpg

I need a magnet cleaner really badly.

P1040649.jpg

My tank is going through its ugly phase. -_-

Paleoreef103

I cant wait to see how this tank fills out. I love the look of the deep shallow tanks. Not that 20" is shallow, but compared to the other dimensions it kind of is. Keep it up! Also, that Wantabei is gorgeous. Great choice!

A good friend of mine brought over his SLR so I could try my hand at taking REAL photos... I definetly need to get a real camera and start practicing!

I DID manage to get a few acceptable shots i'd say, after about 1000000 attempts.

IMG_7671.jpg

CRW_7669.jpg

CRW_7685.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7633.jpg

My weird Pink Lemonade. It looks dead, but all the polyps come out, and the skins there.. :\

IMG_7596.jpg

BROWN TOWN.

CRW_7674.jpg

<3<3<3<3<3

Your DIY skills are unmatched anywhere. Simply amazing! What you've done on a tight budget is mind boggling. I will be following along.

I did like the original rock scape a lot better though. Any plans for sand, or will you always be going bare bottom?

I'm still deciding about the sand.

When the nutrients are so low the corals start looking like easter eggs, i'll probably attempt some sand to dirty up the tank a little, but right now we're at 7500 gph... so yah...

That rockwork is perfect.

IMG_7596layout.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

Thanks. :D this actually brings up an interesting thing I planned for the rock work. I used the classical approach to design and just pasted on the golden section, and tried to fit my scape to it as best as I could. Unoriginal yes.

The display tank is based on eastern classic proportion of 2:1, seen in japanese design and architecture, when viewed from the front, but on the golden section when viewed from the top down( I couldn't do a perfect golden section for those of you that cry foul, because I really really really did not want to go much over 100g).

so.. I was hoping I could fit golden section in a golden section framed by the nice 2:1 ratio. It looks like im on the right track... now I just have to get my corals to grow into the layout.

Those be some sexy corals, J.

...the nicest piece in the tank is yours after all.

Interesting approach towards rock and coral placement. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I start a tank. Nice work, btw!

Archived