SaltCritters.com

Nasty Algae Needed! (Will pay $$)

johnmaloney

I need semi - decent close up type identification pics of the following:

Invasive grape caulerpa - low creeping varieties of racemosa.

Red bubble algae (not the nice types of botryocladia - pyriformis or skottsbergeii would be good)

blue green cyano

film algae

red turf algae

cotton candy algae

all but the commons and bubble and byropsis....

Will pay $10 electronic cash money per pic. Using it to setup an identification thread on the forums to help people id nuisance algae. If you want $20 off your next purchase per pic I can do that too. So now you can pay to clean algae simply by taking a picture of it. Help us out!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks fosi! I like the blue green in that pic, any chance I can get a pic of the Dictyosphaeria cavernosa too?

Nick- hopefully you can shoot me the pic of red bubble in better health than you were in when you posted.

Thanks guys!

Sure thing. :happy:

I'll take a couple pics tonight and shoot them over. Shall I try for the lighting I used in the cyano pic or would regular 14K work?

the white lighting picture. If you can crop it from the other picture that is cool. I actually like the cavernosa, but in small amounts.

thanks! but I got one now. I need to get around to updating everything, I have been spending too much time on boat trouble this week. If you aren't familiar, a boat is a hole in the ocean you throw your money and time into. :)

10 miles west of me that is the saying. That is actually what the boat will be doing a lot of. Alligator watching on the canals of the Okeechobee, and in the wetlands. Some intracoastal and lagoon touring as well. When relatives from NY come down I like to show them the gators and manatee especially. It is the ugliest "john" boat you have ever seen, but it is fast and can ride shallow when you don't have to bail out water or paddle. Have you ever seen the movie the African Queen? I have the stripped down version. :)

• 2 weeks later...
burnofvengeance

Well let me know, I'll send you what I got and then you can make the decision of whether or not you need/want it.

10 miles west of me that is the saying. That is actually what the boat will be doing a lot of. Alligator watching on the canals of the Okeechobee, and in the wetlands. Some intracoastal and lagoon touring as well. When relatives from NY come down I like to show them the gators and manatee especially. It is the ugliest john boat you have ever seen, but it is fast and can ride shallow when you don't have to bail out water or paddle. Have you ever seen the movie the African Queen? I have the stripped down version. :)

You so need to post a pic of the boat.

• 1 year later...

Archived