Cultivated Reef

10g tidepool tank

JIM27

A few people asked me to post some pics of my tank so here we go.

The livestock includes:

- 1 tidepool sculpin

- 5 or so anemones of varying sizes

- a few small starfish

- 1 prickleback(you can see it sticking its head out in the 6th picture)

- various crabs, hermits, snails, etc

Everything in the tank except for the sand and water is from the same beach.

10g7.jpg

10g6.jpg

10g5.jpg

10g4.jpg

10g3.jpg

10g2.jpg

10g1.jpg

• Like 2

Nice coldwater setup! ;) Looks like your from the PNW area. Do you use natural seawater or mix your own? How often and how much for water changes? I've thought a lot about doing this because I'm only 1-1/2 hours from the coast.

kingwintergreen
Nice coldwater setup! ;) Looks like your from the PNW area. Do you use natural seawater or mix your own? How often and how much for water changes? I've thought a lot about doing this because I'm only 1-1/2 hours from the coast.

Nice, now all you need is a big red Urticina lofotensis.

Keep the pics coming...

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I managed to get a better picture of the prickleback a few days ago.

10g8.jpg

I used some seawater when I started the tank but not for waterchanges. Its a 2-3hour drive to the beach so I just mix it. I change 2 gallons every week or two.

About the equipment, I use a 1/5hp chiller with a mag 350, a regular screw-in pc for lighting, and an aquaclear hob filter.

• 2 weeks later...
kingwintergreen

wow, looks nice. seems like the rock is holding up well, even the barnacles and bryozoans appear to be doing great. still having luck with the plants with that lighting?

• 4 weeks later...
Mynameskenny19

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I managed to get a better picture of the prickleback a few days ago.

10g8.jpg

Man, that sure does look like a gunnel and not a prickleback.

Awesome tank though!

Edited by Mynameskenny19