Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

my 3g

Jenny_RS

Hi everyone, just looking for any ideas on whether or not my 3 gal would be able to supports polyps, mushrooms etc.? It's not ready yet but when it is I'd like to have an idea on what I can add to it. Right now it's got the stock lighting of 6W T5.

post-31058-1233211469_thumb.jpg

tee hee...sorry...put this is the wrong section by accident! i actually meant to put this in picos..... :blush:

The clown I have was from my 12. i had to tear it down but had no other choice but to put him in my 3 gal. he's very small but i don't plan on keeping him there, it's just temp till i can take him over to my friends larger 10 gal. even tho he is less than an inch, i know he can't stay there. and yes, my tank is cycled.

I'm not sure how good your light is. 6w would prob support mushrooms and polyps but they might not have the best color. An 18w would work great if you can find one.

I managed to find a light fixture that holds 3x 8watt t5 bulbs, 2 white and 1 50/50 actinic. it's roughly 14"x6"x2" and i've now decided to give my sister my 3 gal for her apartment and i'm goin to go out and pick a plain jane tank 6-8 gallons and throw on a hob filter i bought late last year but barely used. any thoughts on what kind of corals i can keep with 24 watts of t5?

all the corals i have been thinking of are all maybe's based on if the lighting is enough: ricordea mushrooms, frogspawn or long tentacle plate coral, glove polyps, and candy cane coral and zoas.

biocube is out of my budget and i already have a ten g sittin in the basement and i just tore down my 12g nanocube so i want to stick with 6-8g.

hey eveyrone, just an update. last week when i went to look for a new tank i ended up picking up a 16g tall aquarium and transferred everything over. so far everything looks great and i am looking forward to adding to this baby.

0902041820000.jpg

0902041821000.jpg

0902041821001.jpg

where did you get a 3x8w T5?

i have an old friend of mine that moved to hong kong a few years ago that is shipping one to me...he promises it's good to work here, he knows more about that stuff than i do lol

me too, there was a somewhat obscure site that had t5 lights for nano tanks, iirc, down to 6" but i forgot what the site was and there was only 10k and actinic lights when i last looked.

I believe the dimensions are 14" x 6" x 2" . it's supposed to come with mounting legs and has 2 independent switches for the lights. one for the 2 white bulbs and one for the 50/50 actinic.

Archived