Cultivated Reef

NRF's MAXeffort- now powered by nanobox :)

Needreefunds

Played Email and phone tag with a Steve and with Pinky from Red Sea all afternoon,

Nothing resolved so far.

Tank looks better tonight. I will try to get a pic up soon.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a Solaris unit on the tank in the background there sir?

I sell these at my store, please let the feedback fly. I'm not a fan just looking at it dry, interested to see how it performs.

It sure is pretty on the eyes though isn't it?

Is that a Solaris unit on the tank in the background there sir?

I sell these at my store, please let the feedback fly. I'm not a fan just looking at it dry, interested to see how it performs.

It sure is pretty on the eyes though isn't it?

Oh I wish Dannyboy!

No...no Sir. That would be my 2 X 150w Sunpod with two Icecap driven T5's DIYed to it LOL.

Please feel free to send me one from the store and I will absolutely test that beauty and send you all the feedback you want! :lol: ( I'll even pay for shipping :happy: )

kidding, kidding .....or was I ?

Well, perhaps what I thought was a total butcher job on my part doesn't look so bad after all if it passed for a Solaris. :P

007.jpg

Seriously! I am sold on it being a Solaris haha. Look at the light reflecting off what looks like a section of LED's (although now that I look closer I see the MH window too).

If the store ever has a "spare", I will deliver it myself ! :happydance: As long as there is a coffee/beer waiting for me on your end.

(just noticed you live in Jersey...on second thought I will mail it...)

007.jpg

Seriously! I am sold on it being a Solaris haha. Look at the light reflecting off what looks like a section of LED's (although now that I look closer I see the MH window too).

If the store ever has a "spare", I will deliver it myself ! :happydance: As long as there is a coffee/beer waiting for me on your end.

(just noticed you live in Jersey...on second thought I will mail it...)

Even if I had coffee and beer? :P

Yes, now that I look at the pic again I can see that a quick look would make you think so. And those ARE LED's the Sunpod also has 9 blue and 9 clear. ;)

OK, yesterday...

009.jpg

Today...

010.jpg

013.jpg

Much more rock needed and I doubt that whats in the soon to come down Nano cube will be enough.

But hey, its a start and its up and running :happy:

more rock nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwww

Dude, yur dubya is stickin'

Nice Richie I cant wait to see it stocked.

Randy

Thanks Randy, me either :P

Yayyyyyy!!!!! :lol:

P.S.- Where's the fake rubber tang? Tee hee... omgomgomg

Sowwy, I specialize in real tang only ;)

So es'siting! :D

ja write?

:D

Best tank on N-R. Done, whipe hands and enjoy

Hitting the Weld-on a little hard last night buddy??

Perhaps move to a well ventilated area. ;)

oooh it's got watah in it!

I almost got a RSM for $450 used..but it was sold before I gotz paid so I went wit da 46 bow <_<

Awe sheet, good price too. Oh welz, yur 46 is off to a great start. :)

Hitting the Weld-on a little hard last night buddy??

Perhaps move to a well ventilated area. ;)

I basically drink it now. Good stuff, but I am a bit worried about this lump that has grown out of my neck.

I basically drink it now. Good stuff, but I am a bit worried about this lump that has grown out of my neck.

Chemi-pure fix that right up.

G'morning Buddy! :happy:

Check this out, you have your own lounge now too!!

Complete with Peanut Gallery and everything!

I think we can safely say that you have arrived, sir.

Chemi-pure fix that right up.

Nugget beat me to it! :lol:

G'morning Buddy! :happy:

Check this out, you have your own lounge now too!!

Complete with Peanut Gallery and everything!

I think we can safely say that you have arrived, sir.

:lol::lol:

Pretty cool huh? B)

Wow this is gonna be a sweet setup. Did you get the idea to get the RSM from the one in display at the Shanty? I stopped by there tonight and the thing looks really awesome up close.

Wow this is gonna be a sweet setup. Did you get the idea to get the RSM from the one in display at the Shanty? I stopped by there tonight and the thing looks really awesome up close.

Thanks Monk! Wow, Charlie still has that RSM?? I think that was the first one I saw up close, then I was checking out one at the NJRC frag swap ( several times lol ) I think reading StevieT's thread is what really set the hook.

Your corner shelf pico looks sweet!

And I still gots yur rock, don't worry I didn't throw it in here :P Chit, I coulda metcha at the Shanty...grrrrrr.

So I took out the skimmer again. The water is now clear enough that I can see through the back wall with a flashlight. The lower supports are installed too high, or the skimmer was made too large. My bet is the lower supports are too high. I emailed Pinky again.......

But soon none of this will matter. I just sent paypal for a used Tunze reefpack. Thanks Oceanic30!

Way earlier than I wanted, but I could not pass it up. I will use the nano filter on the contest tank and remove the ever clogging subcurrent filter. And naturally the 9002 will run in this one.

Just a little tidbit though, the Red Sea skimmer was already producing. It was not that loud at all. If you could overlook the minor detail of it not fitting in the tank, it really wasn't that bad. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Red Sea will credit me back some$$ ILO the skimmer. I doubt they will want to send out another tank right? Not so sure I would even want that at this point. Hopefully Pinky will send me a bulb, pump, and credit my acct for---oh--what $100?? Sound fair?? Good. :)

....$75 ? :huh:

:lol:

Archived