ReefCleaners.org

NRF's MAXeffort- now powered by nanobox :)

Needreefunds

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I miss your avi buddy.

Do we need to take up a collection so you can upgrade your photobucket acct?

No, wait, you just bought a new tank mirite?

payup sucker! :lol:

Avitar is back bro!!!

Damn you... Now I want to do this to the Solana!!! omgomgomg

damn richie!!! that looks insane!!! the way you made that wall it looks like theres a million miles of ocean behind it!!! great job!!! i have a job coming up soon in north jersey, i might have to wing by :ninja: style n check it out!! hellz of a good jobz maiiin!!!

si

Danka

Ya did a great job, Richie, really. :)

Thanks m'dear!

Wowww!!! :happydance:omgomgomg That's awesome Richie! All your hard work and planning definitely paid off. Can't wait to see more pics!

LOL, glad everyone like it. Not really that hard. New pichers as it clears, I promise. ;)

Avitar is back bro!!!

Damn you... Now I want to do this to the Solana!!! omgomgomg

DOOOOOEEEEET!

damn richie!!! that looks insane!!! the way you made that wall it looks like theres a million miles of ocean behind it!!! great job!!! i have a job coming up soon in north jersey, i might have to wing by :ninja: style n check it out!! hellz of a good jobz maiiin!!!

Tanks buddy.

It was kinda fun to do. I wish I had the room for a monster tank, would be awesome building a four panel job.

That's soooo cool, it fits perfectly...now I can't wait to see fishies and coralzzz!!!

Yea, right? Juss got lucky, didn't measure or nuttin! :P

Edit: What fishies are you planning on adding? :)

:ninja:

omgomgomg it luks even more inzane with wetz wata!!! i think youz just inpired me to make my 90galz bak wall look the shizzel with a sweets wit a rok back wall!!!
Yea, right? Juss got lucky, didn't measure or nuttin! :P

"Real men don't need to measure." :lol:

Edit: Seriously though...it does make it look like it goes on forever behind that wall!

omgomgomg it luks even more inzane with wetz wata!!! i think youz just inpired me to make my 90galz bak wall look the shizzel with a sweets wit a rok back wall!!!

:P

"Real men don't need to measure." :lol:

Edit: Seriously though...it does make it look like it goes on forever behind that wall!

True. ;)

and Thanks A!! :P

lookin groovy

hippies4.gif

:lol: Tanks Bud.

Woo! looks great Richie :D awesome work fo' sho'..that is one snazzy RSM

fishies? :ninja:

now if only I can find the time for mine lol

Issyurfault! :P Thanks Maria.

Sowwy about your project, but I'm sure you will get it taken care of. Better now than later when full of stock. :o

Odie Odie Oh! :lol:

looks good, glad its no "floating" anymore.

Thanks dt. Me too. I was able to trim the top a bit and tuck it in under a lip in the false wall ala Masterbuilder.

I really, really like the way this looks Richie, including the way the extra rock comes out at the bottom.

awe, thanks buddy. I'm tryin' ;)

OK, a little skimmer update.

I was having a problem with the skimmer tilting toward the center of the tank. This caused micro bubbles to sneak out the side of the loose fitting top ( if you have a 9002, you know what I izsayin' lol )

I found two reasons for this methinks.

The StevieT cup is built off center as its designed and needs to be ( NOT a design fault- just being clear here )

PLUS

When I did the mod and added the magnet to the side, I left the stock magnet in place. This added extra weight to that same side.

Add to this what seems to be a rather thick rear glass and any magnet I used simply would not hold the skimmer in place.

SO......I took it all apart. Spent time slicing away the epoxy from the mag mount and finally broke it free.

002-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

Reassembled all and reinstalled using the super strong Tunze magnets as a set and now the skimmer is kick arse once again.

Issyurfault! :P Thanks Maria.

Sowwy about your project, but I'm sure you will get it taken care of. Better now than later when full of stock. :o

Odie Odie Oh! :lol:

:haha: Da Time!

Don't be sowwy..it was just watah :happy:

test subject made it :huh:

Tunze is great stuff, I am contimplating some 6025's for the 46 bow...I wanna save up for a Vortech but it kills me when I think $285 for a power head lol

I KNEW NOTHING of this AMAZING DEVELOPMENT!! Looks sweet so far, and gonna be awesome! Keep ze pictcha's coming!

See what happens when you go away for a bit?? :P

Thanks buddy. Its nice to have you hanging around again. :)

:haha: Da Time!

Don't be sowwy..it was just watah :happy:

test subject made it :huh:

Tunze is great stuff, I am contimplating some 6025's for the 46 bow...I wanna save up for a Vortech but it kills me when I think $285 for a power head lol

:lol: I hear ya on the Vortec... but it is sweet.

Dat's one tough test subject! :lol:

Nice. I should have removed my magnet when I last had the skimmer out. Mine does lean just slightly towards the media rack. I use some pretty strong magents on the rear of the tank that compensate and I should add one to the bottom of the skimemr later on. I think you got one of the last batches of "heavier" cups. With them being off center for the reason you know and the acrlyic I was using, they were a bit heavy. The newer ones use about 1mm thinner acrylic and should be slightly lighter.

That is all to be seen as the only piece of the new acrlyic size is the blue top. Other cup models have been built with the new stuff but all different sizes so it is hard to tell a difference.

Oh, your light is shipping tomorrow. I had a 24+ when you ordered and then they sold out in a few days. After that it took FOREVER to get new ones in, plus I found a total of 5 including yours that were cracked. :angry: They pack them like crap, cheap chinese junk allowing the bulbs to touch in shipping. This is what happens when I don't make something from the start to ship.

This one has super cracks in in but I used some chemi pure to fix them. Your fish will be dancing for ya.

Sweet rock work !!!!!! You are hired to come to MD and build the back wall in my 210!!!!

Thanks B!

On my way! I'll bring the cooler with me so ya can refill it . ;)

Nice. I should have removed my magnet when I last had the skimmer out. Mine does lean just slightly towards the media rack. I use some pretty strong magents on the rear of the tank that compensate and I should add one to the bottom of the skimemr later on. I think you got one of the last batches of "heavier" cups. With them being off center for the reason you know and the acrlyic I was using, they were a bit heavy. The newer ones use about 1mm thinner acrylic and should be slightly lighter.

That is all to be seen as the only piece of the new acrlyic size is the blue top. Other cup models have been built with the new stuff but all different sizes so it is hard to tell a difference.

Oh, your light is shipping tomorrow. I had a 24+ when you ordered and then they sold out in a few days. After that it took FOREVER to get new ones in, plus I found a total of 5 including yours that were cracked. :angry: They pack them like crap, cheap chinese junk allowing the bulbs to touch in shipping. This is what happens when I don't make something from the start to ship.

This one has super cracks in in but I used some chemi pure to fix them. Your fish will be dancing for ya.

Yup, like I said, not any fault of your cup. Just a combination of factors and I thought I'd pass the info along.

The top / bottom sets of magnets idea you have there should def do the trick.

No problem on the lights- I don't need my mini fuge running just yet. :o

Thanks Steve. :)

Archived