ReefCleaners.org

NRF's MAXeffort- now powered by nanobox :)

Needreefunds

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AAAAAA HAHAHA!!! :lol: My hubby LOVES Winter Lager. At least there's SOMETHING in it! ;)

Congrats Richie!

:lol: Thanks Alicia! Winter Lager will do for now. Octoberfest is my fav, hands down. That said tho, I do enjoy several other Sam Adams varieties.

Oh, about 2/3 full...... :rolleyes:

( ^^^ the tank, not the bottle! ^^^)

:P

HURRY... omgomgomg

K-THNX!

-_-

:lol: Well, its running.

I could not do an outside water test like I usually would. So I filled the tank with RODI and hoped for the best. I did not want to put in the sand without testing first. The down side would be suffering a major sand storm by adding the sand after the water.

SO.. the tank is water tight. Great. Now I add the sand. Total white out as was expected. I set up my HOT magnum filter with a fresh cartridge and let it rip. Has been on for about five hours now and its clearing. Once I got it up to temp I added the salt mix. After running for another hour or so I added the LR that I removed from the prop tank yesterday. So that's how that sits.

NOW, problems so far............The skimmer does not sit down all the way. ( so the door will not sit flush )

Pump number two takes forever to prime and run

One of the lights flickers constantly

other than that its just perfect... <_<

The skimmer is more of a PITA than anything. I mean I intend on replacing it when the $$ is available,

but hey its new and it should at least fit in the tank, no?? Even if it is a POS.

The plan is to run it this way for a bit, see if there is any signs of a cycle and when all looks to be good transfer the rock and live stock from my NC 12dx.

Sorry, no pichers. Who wants to see a total sandstorm anyway. -_-

That's weird that the skimmer doesn't slide in flush so the flap shuts the whole way...maybe check with Stevie...I didn't have that problem? Keep us updated!

omgomgomg
omgomgomg

And love the kitty's new hairdo. :lol:

omgomgomg

cuz the cool kidz are doing it

Gotta be cool like those kids.

all of ya, yur all nuckinfutz ya noz dat write??

prolly why I fit right in...

:lol:

Thanx guys

That's weird that the skimmer doesn't slide in flush so the flap shuts the whole way...maybe check with Stevie...I didn't have that problem? Keep us updated!

Looks like the lower supports were installed a bit too high and won't let it slide in all the way ( face palm )

I could probably just trim some off the bottom of the skimmer if need be, but I'll see if I get any reply from Red Sea.

meh, contact Pinky and let her fix this. Sounds like you need a few new items, even a new tank. Sorry to hear about this. Is it a 130D?

meh, contact Pinky and let her fix this. Sounds like you need a few new items, even a new tank. Sorry to hear about this. Is it a 130D?

Hey Steve!

yup 130D.

Although I have heard that name before, WTF is Pinky?? :huh:

:P

She is the customer support rep in the USA.

Wow, nice 130D at 130 price, yet pile of crap. The 250 has issues too, they rush these out with little quality control, they did the same with the 130 when they first came out. Can't say they learn from the previous mistakes.

Pinky Bulot

U.S.A. Office:

Red Sea

18125 Ammi Trail

Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205

Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

redseainfo@redseafish.com

She is the customer support rep in the USA.

Wow, nice 130D at 130 price, yet pile of crap. The 250 has issues too, they rush these out with little quality control, they did the same with the 130 when they first came out. Can't say they learn from the previous mistakes.

Pinky Bulot

U.S.A. Office:

Red Sea

18125 Ammi Trail

Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205

Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

redseainfo@redseafish.com

^^ sweet penmanship dude! :P

Thanks for the info Steve, I appreciate it. :)

Stevie to the rescue again... :D

Sorry for your troubles Richie...hoping things get straightened out ASAP.

Thanks Alicia, hopefully it's no biggie and they do the right thing.

Again, the skimmer really isn't such a big deal. Just that its new and it should at least fit in its intended spot. LOL

At worst I could trim the bottom a tad I think and it should do the trick. Besides, hopefully a 9002, StevieT cup and basket are in the not too distant future. Just have to sell a few things. Anyone need a 30" 150w MH Sunpod?? :lol:

Right now I think I'd be happy with a replacement pump, a T5 bulb or two and call it a day. :lol:

It will all get done in time. :)

Sorry u are having problems :( but RSM has great customer service from what I have read

can't wait to see it up omgomgomg

Dragon ball Z kitty in your avatar lol

Too bad it isn't a 20" sunpod. Scott Riemer is in the market, again.

Yea, I saw that. Sux, what poor Scott is going thru. I hate to see that happen to anyone, but when it happens to someone who is so helpful to the community it really burns my arse. :angry:

Hopefully it all works out. It looks like he will finally get his $$ back, but it may take awhile yet. :mellow:

Sorry u are having problems :( but RSM has great customer service from what I have read

can't wait to see it up omgomgomg

Dragon ball Z kitty in your avatar lol

Thanks.

Just a little mid day update.

Red Sea returned an email and said the skimmer should fit ( :huh: really? ) and to please check to see if the pump is mounted correctly yaddayadda.....Don't they think I would have tried that already? Then again they don't know me from Adam, so stock reply I suppose. I explained again what I thought, we shall see.

I will have to call Pinky when I get out of work as I forgot to bring the #'s and such from the tank. Tough to call from here anyway. ( yet I can sneek a few minutes on here during lunch lol ).

Wait until you see the next Avi Maria........ :P

( Did I really say that?? ^^^ ) :rolleyes:

BTW I need ALOT more rock.........May have to try Mr. Maloney's dry rock to supplement what I have.

:)

Archived