Top Shelf Aquatics

Any Feedback for cp3823? HELP!

Ocho Cinco

Ok, here's the story. I bought this MH pendant http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178661 from cp3823. I paid for it on the 20th and he said he would ship it the following Mon or Tue and send me the tracking # for it. Some time passed and I never received a tracking # from him. So I found an email address on a car site he has feedback (which checked out good) in and sent a message. He emailed me right back saying that he was in the airport coming back from Colorado for Christamas and that he did ship the item Tue morning but didn't have the tracking # on him. That email address was attached to his balckberry. He claimed he would send it as soon as he got home. But a few days after I and up to today I still haven't received one and no I can't get an answer to any of my emails. He hasn't been on here since the 22nd and hasn't been on the car site since the 20th. Now I have no idea what to do. I understand mail is slow this time of the year but really don't know what to do. I was planning on filing a dispute with Paypal this Tue because that would make it 2 weeks since it was apparently shipped. Does anyone have any experience with this person? All help is appreciated and needed. Also what are the chances of getting my $ back? Thank you...

I forgot to add. Could the lack of communication be because he could be out of power? I know a lot of power outtages have been going on in that part of the country (Illinois) and here in MI too.

if he sent it with a slow service it would take a little bit to get there because of the holidays.

Yeah I think he said he was going to ship it Fed Ex but he never told me for sure. Yeah I figured that, but some communication would be nice to reasure me with a tracking #.

Yeah I think he said he was going to ship it Fed Ex but he never told me for sure. Yeah I figured that, but some communication would be nice to reasure me with a tracking #.

I would file with paypal. That usually is a wakeup call for people. If he/she sent it via FEDX, then there's a tracking number for your item (whether he/she sent it ground or expedited delivery). In the past 2 weeks, most power should've been restored somewhat if that happened to the seller.

Just my opinion.

Wow, it sucks to see another person getting taken advantage of by this guy. Read the feedback thread I started on him back in June. I received a non-working CoraLife AquaLight Pro and had to replace about $120 worth of stuff to get it back working. I have picture-proof that it was received in that condition too and there is no way it could of left his house in working order. PayPal wouldn't give me money back because they said I had received a product and even if it didn't work they can't do anything as long as I receive it. I'm sorry to hear about this, action needs to be taken against this scumbag.

Here is the thread.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=160454&hl=

Well he just sent me the ups tracking # today with no reason why it took so long and I believe he sent it out way later then he said he did. But whatever, I'm just glad I have the tracking # and that I know 100% it's on its way.

You still haven't gotten it yet, sorry to hear about that I would definetly file paypal.

I caculated that it has only been like 8 business days since it was supposivly sent. Plus the UPS info says it was shipped later then he said it was.

Wow, it sucks to see another person getting taken advantage of by this guy. Read the feedback thread I started on him back in June. I received a non-working CoraLife AquaLight Pro and had to replace about $120 worth of stuff to get it back working. I have picture-proof that it was received in that condition too and there is no way it could of left his house in working order. PayPal wouldn't give me money back because they said I had received a product and even if it didn't work they can't do anything as long as I receive it. I'm sorry to hear about this, action needs to be taken against this scumbag.

Here is the thread.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=160454&hl=

Wow, just read the thread. Sorry to hear about that. I wish I would have found this first. I just received the tracking # from him with no excuse on why it took so long to send it to me. Now I just hope it works when I get it!!!! It's only like 3 weeks old so it should!

NR really needs a feedback system like most other forums have. I have no idea why they don't!?

Wow, just read the thread. Sorry to hear about that. I wish I would have found this first. I just received the tracking # from him with no excuse on why it took so long to send it to me. Now I just hope it works when I get it!!!! It's only like 3 weeks old so it should!

NR really needs a feedback system like most other forums have. I have no idea why they don't!?

The strange thing is, he is giving the exact same reason for selling both lights. He said that the light you are buying is too small for his tank (thats why he's selling) and he told me the exact same thing, you'd think he'd get it right the 2nd or 3rd time around (unless he has multiple large tanks, but still....)

Please let us know how this turns out, I believe I still have his name and shipping information on my computer somewhere that way others can keep from getting scammed. Hopefully your unit arrives intact and working. Good luck :)

The strange thing is, he is giving the exact same reason for selling both lights. He said that the light you are buying is too small for his tank (thats why he's selling) and he told me the exact same thing, you'd think he'd get it right the 2nd or 3rd time around (unless he has multiple large tanks, but still....)

Please let us know how this turns out, I believe I still have his name and shipping information on my computer somewhere that way others can keep from getting scammed. Hopefully your unit arrives intact and working. Good luck :)

Hpw long was the fixture you bought from him? In a pm he told me that his tank is 36". I have no idea about his reasoning, all I know is that he said it didn't cover a large enough span and is getting a dual 250 or something like that. I'll post how it turns out. I'm supposed to get it on Tue. He orginally told me that he shipped it the 23rd but the ups tracking said it was shipped yesterday.

The fixture that I bought from him is the 24" one, and yea he pretty much told me all the same stuff word for word. He had a corner tank, the light I bought wasn't big enough for his tank, only used it a month or something like that and thats why he put it up for sale. The packaging was really shoddy, he claimed he watched the UPS store package it, but there was no way, I think he paid a bum under a bridge a pack of cigs to package it. Please take pictures from the get-go (the moment you get it, packaging and everything) and let us know how it turns out.

The fixture that I bought from him is the 24" one, and yea he pretty much told me all the same stuff word for word. He had a corner tank, the light I bought wasn't big enough for his tank, only used it a month or something like that and thats why he put it up for sale. The packaging was really shoddy, he claimed he watched the UPS store package it, but there was no way, I think he paid a bum under a bridge a pack of cigs to package it. Please take pictures from the get-go (the moment you get it, packaging and everything) and let us know how it turns out.

Ok, sure will. Now you have me worried again!!! I was stressing this whole week because of the lack of communication and wondering if it's in the mail or if he just scammed me. The wierd thing is he has perfect feedback on theis thirdgen car site he gave me.

I think he paid a bum under a bridge a pack of cigs to package it.

In SIG!! Funny, but hopefully not ture.

Well I don't mean to worry you, its just that he was the first and only person to ever rip me off. Hopefully your's arrives fully intact and in great working order.

LoL @ your sig :lol:

Well I don't mean to worry you, its just that he was the first and only person to ever rip me off. Hopefully your's arrives fully intact and in great working order.

LoL @ your sig :lol:

I sure hope so too. I guess we'll see. Thanks for the input!

Ok, I got the light today and like all 1 of you requested I took some pics. I just took pics of the packaging, which was good and forgot to take pics of it hanging up. Well, it came in great shape and looks brand new! It also came with 3 blubs which I believe are all brand new but opened. He told me that it comes with 2 so I was happy to see 3! He originally lied about when it was shipped. It was around Christmas so I would have understood it he was delayed in shipping. As of now it is running and looks very nice. So really the only complaint was the lack of communication. Here are the pics:

Packaging.jpg

Packaging2.jpg

Packaging3.jpg

Packaging4.jpg

Archived