Cultivated Reef

Kim's 30GL

wimby

Yes upgrade Might need some plumbing help. New to the sump thing. Not sure what size return pump I need. No I haven't been there not even sure what road it is on. The store on Deer Park Ave I want to go there but when I am in the area the're not open yet.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes upgrade Might need some plumbing help. New to the sump thing. Not sure what size return pump I need. No I haven't been there not even sure what road it is on. The store on Deer Park Ave I want to go there but when I am in the area the're not open yet.

On a 75G Tank ... I would go with a Mag Drive 7 ... around 700gph ... Although I switched over to Eheim pumps on my 120 and am really loving it ... I would recommend the 1260 or 1262 in that case. :D Lower electricity consumption and less heat ... etc.etc.

Ok I have a 1inch out and 2 3/4th returns and a vortech 40 so still not sure on returns Kathy said mag 9

• 2 months later...

Well I had a couple of problems with my tank. Haven't been paying that much attention since my dad passed. I bleached out my torch and frogspawn and brains. Some are starting to show a little more color. Fingers crossed all turns around. Here are a couple of updated shots I have had alot of growth.

30gl002.jpg

30gl004ab.jpg

30gl006.jpg

30gl008a.jpg

30gl011.jpg

Thanks for looking :0)

Kim! So glad you updated!! :D

The tank looks fantastic, I love it. I'm sending good thoughts for the pieces that bleached, but I'm sure they'll come back. Those brains are amazing. Looking at the pics, anyone can see the care and patience you've brought to your tank. B)

~Anne

Yeah they are slowly coming back I put half the frogspawn in the 75 thought maybe diff light will help it out we'll see. i'll try to get better pics up later.

My tuxedo urchin spawning .

30gl009a.jpg

30gl015.jpg

Then I shut the pumps off

30gl021a.jpg

30gl035.jpg

30gl036.jpg

It was cool so I thought I would share enjoy

Thanks for looking

That is SO cool! B) I love that you were able to catch pics. B)

Sorry for the loss of your torch, mine died a little while back, I was really bummed. :(

Question, does the tuxedo eat your coralline?

~Anne

Cool! Any chance of offspring surviving?

Osric

No idea about that

Yes he does eat the coraline. I have a lot so it's all good. I am glad I got pics of it happening. Was a good experience.

Im very sorry to hear about your dad wimby :( But i just wanted to say your tank is very beautiful. And the urchin spawning is too cool. Very very very rare to see in captivity. Good Job.

Thanks Rehype about my dad It was a real shocking day. Also thank you about my tanks. It was really cool to see the urchin doing that. It lasted for like an hour or more. The tank was super cloudy after that.

• 4 weeks later...

Bad new I found my fireshrimp on the floor just before. He was so cool I had hime for 2 years. Wonder what possesed him to climb out. Sniffle :tears:

• 3 months later...

Hope It didn't hurt your face. Thanks Kenny

i will try to update had some problems with bleaching and some corals went into a different tank. Been fighting an algae problem. But everything is starting to come back and looking good again.

Archived