inTank Media Baskets

Sps feeding?

Dingo

Thread bump

anyone still using golden pearls for SPS?

I believe Kat does and we all know how amazing her tank is :) My guess is she rotates a few different things though.

I rotate between Oyster Eggs (2-100 microns), Frozen Rotifers (40-250 microns), and Baby Brine (100-500 microns) as well as the small particles that are broadcast when I feed Blender Mush. Golden Peals will work well, but they are going to be very, very nutrient heavy even when feeding a small amount - much more so than frozen rotifers or oyster eggs.

By far the biggest thing when you are feeding your SPS is making sure they are ready to eat when you put the food in your tank. If they aren't ready for food (PE doesn't mean "feed me" necessarily), every last bit of food you put in will go to waste. When they are ready to feed, make sure your return pump is off to keep the food out of the filter. SPS (especially acros) will put out what looks like little tiny feeder tentacles that aren't present when they aren't feeding and they will have to be enticed to put them out. I typically feed my fish and dose AAs about a half hour before I feed my acros right before "sunset" to ensure nearly all my acros are ready to eat before I feed them.

Archived