SaltCritters.com

T5HO Information

Weetabix7

Crackerballer

Qty Item # Description Manufacturer Color Our Price Line Total Delete

4 ATI1009 24W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent ATI None $18.95 $75.80 Delete

1 ATI1041 24W Pro Color T5 HO Fluorescent ATI None $19.95 $19.95 Delete

2 ATI1001 24W 12000K Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent ATI None $19.95 $39.90 Delete

1 KZ0001 24W Fiji Purple T5 HO Fluorescent Korallen Zucht None $27.95 $27.95 Delete

Subtotal $163.60

*Estimated Shipping: Ground ($9.95) 3 day ($25.95) 2 day ($29.95) 1 day ($44.95) $9.95

Estimated Total $173.55

So that is going to be blue and good growth?

2 ATI1001 24W 12000K Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent ATI None $19.95 $39.90 Delete

1 KZ0001 24W Fiji Purple T5 HO Fluorescent Korallen Zucht None $27.95 $27.95 Delete

Subtotal $163.60

*Estimated Shipping: Ground ($9.95) 3 day ($25.95) 2 day ($29.95) 1 day ($44.95) $9.95

Estimated Total $173.55

sux when bulbs cost more than the fixture :P

Here's the underside of my fixture with the bulbs lit... The UVL Aquablue 14,000K 75/25 is on the left side... I agree with Masterbuilder that the Aquablue 75/25 is not terribly bright and IS pink in color when lit, the pic doesn't represent it accurately but DOES represent the other 3 bulbs quite accurately.

bulbs1.jpg

Those UVL 75/25 are have a pink color to them and are fairly low in PAR. I am not sure why they call them Aquablue.

I have two of the ULV 75/25's over my tank, and they are in no way "pink", they're way bluer than tye UVL Actnic Whites, but not as blue as the UVL actinics (but they're still pretty damn blue)...that's weird.

now the UVL AquaSun, now that's a pinkish bulb...the people in my reef club call them pepto's.

Edited by Sac_State

I just upgraded my 15g to a 20H, here's the pics. Same light fixture and bulb combo. :)

Random-Shrimp.jpg

Side.jpg

Angle-FTS.jpg

EDIT (Fixture type and bulb combo):

CurrentUSA Sundial 4x24w

2 x 24W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent by ATI

1 x 24W Super Actinic T5 HO Fluorescent by UV Lighting

1 x 24W Fiji Purple T5 HO Fluorescent by Korallen Zucht

Edited by Travis

^^^^ Thanks a lot, now I'm feeling undecided again on my bulb combo that I want to use!

I'm going back and forth between your combo and a combo of 2 Aquablue, 1 Blue+, and a Fiji Purple.

I like the blue in your setup, but was concerned that that amount of blue would wash some colors out.

What do you think Travis, do all of your coral colors POP, or are a few colors slightly washed out?

Does it look even a little bit dim because of the amount of blue?

All of the colors that I have do "pop", but I don't have any coral that is yellow so I don't know how the yellows look but greens are amazing.

I don't find the tank dim at all.

masterbuilder

Subtotal $163.60

Estimated Total $173.55

That should look the way you wanted...Will be very blue, but corals should really glow.

^^^^ Thanks a lot, now I'm feeling undecided again on my bulb combo that I want to use!

I'm going back and forth between your combo and a combo of 2 Aquablue, 1 Blue+, and a Fiji Purple.

Hahahaha...might as well accept it. Your gonna have to buy an extra lamp so you can go both ways.

Mark

p.s. So...these T5's save money.............. NOPE

Hahahaha...might as well accept it. Your gonna have to buy an extra lamp so you can go both ways.

Mark

p.s. So...these T5's save money.............. NOPE

Bah.

I was also thinking about getting 2 Blue+ and one KZ Coral II.

Hmm, now where could I get that from?

Replaced one of the 10K bulbs with an actinic:

IMG_8491-1.jpg

So now:

2x Current 24w 460nm actinics

1x Sunpaq 24w 460nm actinic

1x Current 24w 10K

Before:

IMG_6860.jpg

Edited by Lalani
masterbuilder
Man I love T5's!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them so much I got T5's for my bedroom! Now my girl looks better and i swear her hair and breasts have even grown a couple of more inches......

I really hate people that frag up threads .......but, I couldnt resist adding this quote.

Sorry...will refrain from now on.

Edited by masterbuilder

wooo Lani I like the additional actinic better. The greens are really grean now and that ric is saying "give me a kiss". My light still isn't here and now I'm thinking like Weetie.

Steve

wooo Lani I like the additional actinic better. The greens are really grean now and that ric is saying "give me a kiss". My light still isn't here and now I'm thinking like Weetie.

Steve

Watch out, thinkin like me today might get you in trouble! :wacko:

Just placed my order for my bulbs.

I'm going with a combo of:

2 ATI Blue+

1 KZ Fiji Purple

1 KZ Coral Light II (supposed to have a 14k look)

I'll try to post a pic of how they look over my tank when I get them in.

Im working with a 4x39w Tek fixture and I am looking for a bluer tank. Current specs are

ATI Blue+

ATI BLue SPecial

UVL Aquasun

ATI Blue+

What should I replace the aquasun with? Another blue special or maybe even an actinic <<<blah OR a fiji purple? I would still like to keep a good PAR rating though since I plan to get clams.

Edited by Reefnub21
Im working with a 4x39w Tek fixture and I am looking for a bluer tank. Current specs are

ATI Blue+

ATI BLue SPecial

UVL Aquasun

ATI Blue+

What should I replace the aquasun with? Another blue special or maybe even an actinic <<<blah OR a fiji purple? I would still like to keep a good PAR rating though since I plan to get clams.

Why not replace it with a Fiji Purple?

Check out the pic masterbuilder posted (on the first pg. I think) of that exact combo and see if you like it.

Or you could replace it with a KZ Coral Light II which is supposed to have a 14k look to it.