T5HO Information

Weetabix7

ATI Aquablue -- 336

ATI Blue+ -- 311

KZ Fiji Purple-- 330

ATI Blue+ -- 311

PAR avgs. out to-- 322

9_23_07_002.jpg

I am strongly leaning towards the above combo for my fixture.

In other news, lakshwadeep has added some REALLY good T5HO info to post #4 on the first page of this thread, I strongly recommend checking it out.

Thanks lakshwadeep! :flower:

it was my understanding that the more blue the less PAR you would get w/ just a straight daylight bulb. looking at alot of these combos i see alot of blue (which i do like). does going w/ a more blue look lower the level of coral you can have?

it was my understanding that the more blue the less PAR you would get w/ just a straight daylight bulb. looking at alot of these combos i see alot of blue (which i do like). does going w/ a more blue look lower the level of coral you can have?

This is true, and yet not true. Generally, more PAR can be achieved with bulbs that are lower kelvin.

Although you can find many actinics that do well in the PAR department too.

This is true, and yet not true. Generally, more PAR can be achieved with bulbs that are lower kelvin.

Although you can find many actinics that do well in the PAR department too.

I guess my question is, as i do like the more blue look. would it be better/keep more coral w/ a higher par/laylight bulb?

I guess my question is, as i do like the more blue look. would it be better/keep more coral w/ a higher par/laylight bulb?

From what I am reading so far, T5HO seems to be unique in the fact using more "Daylight" bulbs does not necessarily mean a higher PAR reading overall than using "Blue" bulbs.

There are many Blue bulbs that seem to have pretty good PAR readings.

Check out the link in my first post on this thread, and also take a look at Masterbuilders post about 3/4 of the way down the first page for some pics and PAR readings on bulb combos that have plenty of blue in them.

some bulbs, like the ATI aquablue special have a fair amount of blue while still giving great PAR (the color is an ice white). That bulb, and other similar kinds, are the closest you could get to an all-in-one spectrum.

My 15g Nano

FTS-Nov29-08.jpg

CurrentUSA Sundial 4x24w

2 x 24W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent by ATI

1 x 24W Super Actinic T5 HO Fluorescent by UV Lighting

1 x 24W Fiji Purple T5 HO Fluorescent by Korallen Zucht

Awesome pic and tank, Travis! B)

I am wondering if this would be a good 2 bulb combo, I currently have an ati blue plus and a super actinic, wich is to blue, even though I like blue IMO to blue, I was thinking about keeinG one of the bulbs I have and trying the KZ coral light? ant thoughts on ths would be appreciated- the lights are currently over a 10g

masterbuilder
I am wondering if this would be a good 2 bulb combo, I currently have an ati blue plus and a super actinic, wich is to blue, even though I like blue IMO to blue, I was thinking about keeinG one of the bulbs I have and trying the KZ coral light? ant thoughts on ths would be appreciated- the lights are currently over a 10g

Yeah...That combo your using now would be blue alright. The KZ Coral Light (12K) and the ATI Aquablue Special (12K) are the same color. The KZ Coral Light II is bluer (14K).

So...IMO ...the ATI Aquablue and a ATI Blue+ would be Ice White. The Blue+ and KZ Coral Light II would be slighty more blue. With a two lamp fixture and you indicating you like a bluer look.... The Blue+ and KZ II might be the way to go. Either way...its gonna be a whole lot whiter and BRIGHTER than what you have now.

• Like 1

Picture1304.jpg

40BR 36" 6 bulb TEK light

front

ATI blue+

Gesseman Pure Actinic

ATI Pro Color

ATI Blue +

ATI bluespecial

Geissmenn Pure Actinic

Pics are pretty close to the color, but its look more crisper in person. I will be changing out the last Pure actinic for another blue+

nov1xz0.jpg

w1825.png

36" T5 HO 39wat

Current USA Actinic

Current USA 10,000k

Current USA Actinic

Current USA 10,000k

I'll take pics of my

Coralife Actinic 03

C USA Actinic

ATI Actinic

C USA 10,000k

C USA Actinic

Edited by FLIPbmw
Crackerballer

Can we also get people to post the underside of their fixtures so we can see how each bulb lights up? Like which ones are bluer, whiter, pinker, etc? Anyone who wants to I think it would help.

EDIT* How do you guys think this combo would look on a 24x24x20 cube?

4x ATI Blue+

2x UVL 75/25 Aquablue

1x KZ Figi Purple

1x ATI Pro Color

Also where is everyone ordering there bulbs from? I am looking on Reef Geek

Edited by Crackerballer

ReefGeek.com and Premium Aquatics are the two sources I've found for bulbs so far, and PA is a Sponsor here. The prices seem about the same at each place.

If you check out the link I posted in the first post on this thread, there are pics of how many of the available bulbs look when lit up.

Crackerballer

Thanks Weetabix, those pics on that site though are not any of the bulbs I considered using. Where the hell is Masterbuilder to comment on my bulb selection?:naughtydance:

PS: I can't get enough of this guy! --> :naughtydance:

Crackerballer
Aquarium Specality carry's the bulbs also.

Crackerballer, that bulb combo would give you pretty good PAR and a 20Kish look.

That is PERFECT. 20K is exactly what I am going for. Thanks DTF. Now, how long can I hold out until I order my cube!

Crackerballer
Like 5min

Jesus DT, do you know me? You are correct, I would be calling glass cages today if I didn't have wheels to finish paying for for my S. Oh and the G/F said I could rearrange the guest bedroom (our study) to put the cube in there. (A huge deal, because I live with her rent free!)

masterbuilder
Can we also get people to post the underside of their fixtures so we can see how each bulb lights up? Like which ones are bluer, whiter, pinker, etc? Anyone who wants to I think it would help.

EDIT* How do you guys think this combo would look on a 24x24x20 cube?

4x ATI Blue+

2x UVL 75/25 Aquablue

1x KZ Figi Purple

1x ATI Pro Color

Also where is everyone ordering there bulbs from? I am looking on Reef Geek

Those UVL 75/25 are have a pink color to them and are fairly low in PAR. I am not sure why they call them Aquablue. I would think that combo would have LOTS of pink to it, esp with the Procolor and Fiji. I might use ATI Aquablues (12K) or for a bluer look you could use a couple of 14K KZ Coral Light II (also called "New Generation) in place of the 75/25's.

Another place to order from is http://www.aquariumspecialty.com I have used reefgeek and aquarium specialty. Both great service.

Edited by masterbuilder

when i get new bulbs in a month or so I am going to run this

When i get new bulbs I am going to run this setup

ATI Blue+

ATI 12000 AquaBlue

UV 10000 Aquasun

ATI Blue+

I think that should give good par and a nice blueish color