SaltCritters.com

New 29G BIOCUBE ( my first tank ever ) #2

Nosey

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at my Dino's this morning making sure they are in full retreat, and i noticed a little white spot on the back of my small clown fish ( Mindy) so now i guess im going to have to dose for ick.

IMG_3847-1.jpg

Hey Nosey,

Are the false floors in chamber 1 and 2 pop outs or is cutting necessary? I have a Stevie T fuge rack on order that I will place next to my Tunze skimmer in chamber 2. I want to get those false floors out to prepare for the fuge and to get my heater into chamber 1. Any instructions on how this is done would be great. Oh, and my prep for this could have been better as my tank is full and cycling. So, hopefully no cutting is necessary.

Thanks!

Hey Nosey,

Are the false floors in chamber 1 and 2 pop outs or is cutting necessary? I have a Stevie T fuge rack on order that I will place next to my Tunze skimmer in chamber 2. I want to get those false floors out to prepare for the fuge and to get my heater into chamber 1. Any instructions on how this is done would be great. Oh, and my prep for this could have been better as my tank is full and cycling. So, hopefully no cutting is necessary.

Thanks!

Your in luck, no cuttiing necessary. As for the first chamber, just push down on it from the top, you have to put some elbo grease into it, but it will move. Just keep pushing down on it until you feel it start to give way, then just pull it out. The second chamber is really easy, just give it a pull, and out she comes. At first I only had the second chamber removed, but later I removed the one from the first chamber, so yes I have them both removed. It makes cleaning that much better.

Your in luck, no cuttiing necessary. As for the first chamber, just push down on it from the top, you have to put some elbo grease into it, but it will move. Just keep pushing down on it until you feel it start to give way, then just pull it out. The second chamber is really easy, just give it a pull, and out she comes. At first I only had the second chamber removed, but later I removed the one from the first chamber, so yes I have them both removed. It makes cleaning that much better.

Sweet!!! A couple days ago I did some light pushing and pulling on the floor in chamber 1. I didn't want to damage anything so I stopped. I figured it would be better to ask someone who had done it than take the risk of messing up my tank.

I appreciate the reply!

PS Make sure you post some pic's when you get your rack, StevieT has got some cool products. I think he’s making them in new colours as well, maybe your going to get yours in hot pink !

PS Make sure you post some pic's when you get your rack, StevieT has got some cool products. I think he’s making them in new colours as well, maybe your going to get yours in hot pink !

No problem...pics will be posted as soon as I get the fuge rack, collection cup and fish guard installed.

As for the hot pink...I'm not a hot pink kinda guy. I'd take black, red, or blue though. B)

Well I started dosing with Ick Attack last night, and this morning the white spot that was on my fish is now gone. (knock on wood) She wasn’t showing any other signs of ick, and still had a good appetite, so maybe that was it. I’m going to continue with the medication for a week to make sure, but im not sure what it will do to my Dino problem.

They are funny. I feed them every other day from a syringe, and on the days when I’m not scheduled to feed, and I put a syringe in the tank to pull some water for testing, they don’t even look at it. On the days when I should be feeding them, I come into my living room after work, and it’s like having two small dogs, they see me coming, and start going crazy in the front of the tank. As soon as I put the syringe into the top of the tank, Mork starts to head butt it until gets food, and Mindy is soon to follow.

I just lost my Hammer Coral last night, I came home to see the flesh falling off 2 of the 3 heads, and the other one didn’t look that good . I checked my parameters, and they were all good, Alc, Cal, Mag, PH, Phos, with no problems. I can think of maybe a couple things that might have gone wrong. I was fighting red slim alga, so I dosed my tank with red slim killer, and was also reducing my light cycle to 3 – 4 h a day too try and stem the growth. My Hammer Coral wasn’t doing so well since the move about a month ago, so maybe that was part of it. I’ll keep an eye on everything, and I hope that’s all I lose.

As for the hot pink...I'm not a hot pink kinda guy. I'd take black, red, or blue though. B)

:lol: right now I am moving everything to transparent blue and clear, but it depends on the current stock of products vs the new ones that are built. Unless hot pink is a hot seller :P

I just lost my Hammer Coral last night, I came home to see the flesh falling off 2 of the 3 heads, and the other one didn't look that good . I checked my parameters, and they were all good, Alc, Cal, Mag, PH, Phos, with no problems. I can think of maybe a couple things that might have gone wrong. I was fighting red slim alga, so I dosed my tank with red slim killer, and was also reducing my light cycle to 3 – 4 h a day too try and stem the growth. My Hammer Coral wasn't doing so well since the move about a month ago, so maybe that was part of it. I'll keep an eye on everything, and I hope that's all I lose.

sorry to hear that. They are senstitive to changes beyond the testing kits.

:lol: right now I am moving everything to transparent blue and clear, but it depends on the current stock of products vs the new ones that are built. Unless hot pink is a hot seller :P

sorry to hear that. They are senstitive to changes beyond the testing kits.

I'm telling you, Hot pink would be a big seller!

I'm telling you, Hot pink would be a big seller!

I just got notification that my shipment from inTank arrived at my post office this morning. I'm happy to hear that hot pink has not made it into production yet as I would be disappointed if I opened up the boxes and my fuge rack, collection cup, and fish guard were dressed in South Beach garb...lol

Besides, if they came in hot pink, I would have to mod the stock hood to include a disco ball...

So I had a little problem last night of my own doing. I was adding my kalk/ limewater solution to my ATO, and I wasn’t paying attention to how much water had already evaporated, or how low my water level was. As I was adding the solution to my ATO sump, my pump kept kicking in, and I remember thinking “man that’s a lot of water”. I was too busy paying attention to my top off hose, and I had my back too the main. I looked back a couple of seconds later to see that my tank had gone into precipitation, and had turned white. I turned off my pumps, put back in place my filter media that I had removed for my red slim treatment. I also did a gallon water change, because that’s all I had. I woke up this morning to find that my tank had cleared it’s self, and from what I can see, everything seems to be ok. My fish are swimming around with no visible side effects.

I should have known this would happen, especially after people were warning me about it. I’m still trying to raise my PH level some what, so I hope this does the trick…lol…Tonight I’ll do a 20% water change, and hope that my red slim doesn’t come back…..Mental note!

I just got notification that my shipment from inTank arrived at my post office this morning. I'm happy to hear that hot pink has not made it into production yet as I would be disappointed if I opened up the boxes and my fuge rack, collection cup, and fish guard were dressed in South Beach garb...lol

Besides, if they came in hot pink, I would have to mod the stock hood to include a disco ball...

Have fun with your stuff from StevieT, I’m sure you’ll love it, even if it was in Hot Pink!...... Disco Ball……. This could work I’m thinking!

:lol:

mkregs do you have a link for your tank, I would love to see it!

I will set up a link for my tank once I get all the goods installed. I'm 3 weeks into cycle right now and my ammonia and nitrite have been at 0 for the last week and a half. So, no fish yet. I'll get something posted soon. Thanks for asking.

Archived