Innovative Marine Aquariums

Trav's NEW 20H (Updated 4-28-09)

Travis

WOW, only a few hours into operation and look what it has pulled out!!!

I have never seen skimmate like this, it's really dark green / bile looking. :eek:

B)

post-8390-1250357589_thumb.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I traided my T5HO light with octoberfest (Josh) for a 250w HQI MH Pendent.

The mounting legs that came with it sucked, and they wife gave me the stink eye when I mentioned hanging it from the ceiling :lol:, so I got together with my Dad and we cut and bent out this one piece aluminum light craddle/stand.

post-8390-1251478553_thumb.jpg post-8390-1251478560_thumb.jpg

And here's the current FTS (should have waited till everything opend up)

post-8390-1251478629_thumb.jpg

Hi Travis, how do you like your overflow? Does it adequately skim the water surface? I was thinking about rigging something like that for my next tank.

Hi Travis, how do you like your overflow? Does it adequately skim the water surface? I was thinking about rigging something like that for my next tank.

Yes, I do like the overflow. I had to modify the strainer by cutting some of the ribs where it meets the surface to make it skim properly. I'll get a picture in a little while to show you.

Very nice DIY work on the MH stand. Why did you get rid of the T5s?

Thanks Tigah. The T5HO where ok, but everything seemed to be washed out. I had several different bulb combos, but non of them seemed right to me. either they where to blue, too red, or looked nice but no growth from the corals.

Metal Halide allows me to have a nice blue tint, making the corals look fantastic, but also gives me enough PAR to grow anything, and fast.

Oh, and the Shimmer effect from the metal halide is unrivaled :lol:

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

I'm sad to see the T5's go [FNL=T5 Lover], but I must admit it looks good with the MH and the legs look great. The tanks lookin' awesome.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived