So, after some consideration between either going with a 15 gallon AGA or a 20H, I have decided to go with the 20H just for the extra water volume and the height, of course. Since I have the majority of the equipment already this shouldn't be too long of a process. I am planning on starting with base rock from Marco Rocks or somewhere else and seeding it with a really nice small piece of live rock. This should make the cycle longer but I would rather do this than risk getting another pest. I have now had a 55 gallon that was taken over by vermitids and now a tank taken over by Neomeris. This just seems like the best option.
Here are my plans for the tank:
- 20H AGA
- Base rock from Marco Rocks
- Arag-alive sand (pretty shallow sand bed)
- Either a Tunze 6025 (I have two now) OR a Vortech MP20
- 24" Aquatinics TX5 fixture (already have)
- 2 false percs that I've had for almost 3 years now
- Purple firefish from BC29
- ORA Oregon Tort
- Blue Stag
- Bali Green Slimer
- Orange Cap
- Green cap w/blue polyps
- Green pocillopora
Any thoughts...suggestions, etc. I am planning on setting up a AC 110 as a fuge with Chaeto but that will probably come after the tank cycles and settles in.
Edited by divecj5, 19 February 2010 - 10:07 AM.