ReefCleaners.org

55 Gallon Vlamingii Tang Reef

AcroporaLokani

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AcroporaLokani
Sweet macro! What do you use for a camera? :)

Thanks, my camera is a cannon (I think I'll have to check tomorrow to make sure) But it has the regular zoom lens and I think its 5.5 mm (Not big in to cameras if you could not tell :lol: )

Your Macro scares me. :scarry:

Yea and I stare eye to eye with my fish every day...... I iz scared :scarry:.

AL sounds like an advocate :lol: . Looks like he's triumphant with the verbal altercations.

Thanks :) . But its not hard when you are just arguing with someone who does not have facts to bring to the table and just wants to argue and slur words but not say anything at all.

AL, wait those months and prove everyone wrong!

I will, I'm already getting my fish plans down for my new tank (Powder blue tang, purple tank, sohal tang or a sailfin desjardini tang) Those are my options, But I'm leaning more for only the purple tang and my vlamingii for the larger tank (Not this one).

Great Tank. I agree that the (current) Tank is a tad bit small, BUT, this is one of the healthiest looking Vlamingii Tangs I have ever seen, so that makes up for small tank size. Can't wait to see the New tank!

• 1 month later...
No I do not respect you or your argumentative words, And just so you know I had nothing against you before you spammed my thread and argued with me (In an argument I won).

And this thread is not about my fishes "welfare" my tang is perfectly happy, This thread (My thread) is about my tank. And I was not making fun of that kids cartoon I was simply saying he should watch the "zim" cartoon rather than bother me about things He has no idea about (If you read his thread He has only had fish tanks for three months, He does not have much knowledge with reef keeping in my opinion and has no place trying to argue with me about fish/corals).

And yes the fact that some people think I am funny is "fantastic", Thanks for clearing that up for every one reading.

No, No it is not. I simply have vast knowledge on solar power/wind power and felt like making up an elaborate lie just to mess with you (If you did not see the sarcasm, Yes my home is actually off grid).

That is the fifth time some one has called me a "nazi" this month, The problem with being able to actually bring good facts to an argument I suppose. So call me what you want I again don't care. And name calling is a last response for some one who knows they lost just for your F.Y.I..

Well I am not keeping my tang in a smaller tank than a 55 gallon, And I am not responsible for anything that anyone does, I am only responsible for my own actions. If some one wants a fish/coral then they must be aware of what the animal requires and if some one makes a poor choice then I am in no way responsible just because they may have read my thread or saw a picture of my tang. And I have given great consideration in my tank upgrade.

Reef keepers/Fish Keepers must read about fish/coral in order to be able to keep them alive. And in reading my thread they would have seen that obviously a tang in the naso family (One that grows to be a little under two feet with some being over two feet) needs a massive tank, A fact that I have stated on many occasions.

Yea I'll lose sleep over not having to write to you anymore (That was a lie). And letting you know you misspelled a word is not a personal attack, If you take it as one then maybe you just need to cool your jets boy.

Also me telling you about a misspelled word is no grounds for you to call me a "nazi" most people would find that to be offensive (I do not care what you call me, but honestly WW2 was a painful time for millions of innocent people so I'm guessing any of them or any one who is a descendant of them would be offended when anything like that is talked about). And you did not have to lower yourself to call me a "nazi" just because you lost the argument.

-Acro On my 1,100th post.

This kind of crap is the reason I went to a different forum. If some of these people read the beginning of your forum. a lot of their ignerant comments wouldnt (edit) have stretched your thread to five pages. There are a lot of cool and intelligent people on here, and that's why I still come back to check on their threads. Some see their practice as orthodox, and others unorthodox, and vice versa. aNd please PeopleS don't proof read my WrtiNg to judge me intelligencE. I really don't give a crap about grammar and spelling.

My point about this site is a lot is there are a lot of Reef Police on here, and they all are buddy-buddy with each other. These are the same morons that have taken away my avatar privledges because I had a cartoon character of Calvin peeing on Obama's name. They also use the term Noob loosely, followed by GTFO, FU, etc. I have yet to be called newb, or anything of that matter, they actually use a Karma system for helping out others. Like I said there is A LOT of great, smart, and experienced people on here I still rely on.. but the hostility on this site is ridiculous..

The most important thing in a tank, like you said is water quality, and I agree 100%. It shows, your coral looks good and your tang looks healthy. You have a plan, and it's a bigger tank. If your tang was in unhealthy consitions, he would have gotten sick.. Good luck.. oh and Police... GTFO..

Unfortunately, I think that the more "rules" you break around here and yet have success, the more harassment you are going to take. Even though nearly every rule has its exception, there unfortunately is a large crowd that doesn't like to see when their rule has one found. As for me, I enjoy your tank, and I too am in the rule breaking crowd. I think people cringe when I tell others that it is possible to have some nice coral in a 10 gallon tank with T8 lighting and no skimmer!

Man was bound to break rules, and push boundaries. Look at reefkeeping ten years ago.. Now look at all the Nanos on this site. As someone ten years ago about the long term success of a Nano. I have LPS, SPS, and Zoas in my 16 gallon.. I added a third fish.. fish got ich.. two died. I pushed the boundaries.. I lost and I learned. If we don't make strides, take chances, or be determined.. we wouldn't advance.

Already tried that, remember?

But apparently I "gave up."

Apparently the only thing good that came from Omaha was 311 and skateboarding!

• 2 weeks later...
AcroporaLokani
This kind of crap is the reason I went to a different forum. If some of these people read the beginning of your forum. a lot of their ignerant comments wouldnt (edit) have stretched your thread to five pages. There are a lot of cool and intelligent people on here, and that's why I still come back to check on their threads. Some see their practice as orthodox, and others unorthodox, and vice versa. aNd please PeopleS don't proof read my WrtiNg to judge me intelligencE. I really don't give a crap about grammar and spelling.

My point about this site is a lot is there are a lot of Reef Police on here, and they all are buddy-buddy with each other. These are the same morons that have taken away my avatar privledges because I had a cartoon character of Calvin peeing on Obama's name. They also use the term Noob loosely, followed by GTFO, FU, etc. I have yet to be called newb, or anything of that matter, they actually use a Karma system for helping out others. Like I said there is A LOT of great, smart, and experienced people on here I still rely on.. but the hostility on this site is ridiculous..

The most important thing in a tank, like you said is water quality, and I agree 100%. It shows, your coral looks good and your tang looks healthy. You have a plan, and it's a bigger tank. If your tang was in unhealthy consitions, he would have gotten sick.. Good luck.. oh and Police... GTFO..

Well thank you for posting, I agree hostility is horrible on this site (And all others, this is not the only site with some people who think they know everything in the world three times over).

I was not trying to insult the one guys intelligence (I have misspelled/ had typo's that people have pointed out and I took it as them trying to help simply because it was just a simple mistake). In actuality I had no idea what he was trying to type and asked him to edit his post because even when I copy pasted it in to Microsoft word the spell check said there was no suggestions on what the word was.

And thank you about my tang and coral, I have had him for years and he is still my favorite pet (I have rescued many animals over the years and my tang is still my favorite pet).

this tank is sick!

i love how its just the tang, it so awesome!

Thank you.

Man was bound to break rules, and push boundaries. Look at reefkeeping ten years ago.. Now look at all the Nanos on this site. As someone ten years ago about the long term success of a Nano. I have LPS, SPS, and Zoas in my 16 gallon.. I added a third fish.. fish got ich.. two died. I pushed the boundaries.. I lost and I learned. If we don't make strides, take chances, or be determined.. we wouldn't advance.

I agree, the natural progress of humans has grown significantly in the past two hundred years and proves that trying new things can be incredibly rewarding. I'm sure every new idea for the past thousands/millions of years had some critics, but honestly like I said in one of my previous posts on this thread (And just as you said) reef keeping has come a long way, twenty years ago the common belief was that coral would never be able to be kept in fish tanks now almost every desirable variety is being kept in a fish tank, some believed nano tanks were just deathtraps for fish/inverts/coral and now you see beautiful proof against those statements with nano tanks and even pico tanks.

Apparently the only thing good that came from Omaha was 311 and skateboarding!

:lol:

24x30ub.jpg

you can use that as a sig if you want

WOW! That's great! Thank you so much. That is a very beautiful picture you made for me. Its in my sig now. Nice to know some of the people who post can do something nice, Thank you very much.

-Acro.L

well, i must say well done to acro for holding out against all of the attacks on here, to be honest none of us knows what is right, how to manage a reef tank witout help, what to do when your nitrates rise and u dont know how, etc, which is why wer on a forum, noone is reefgod v2 and can tell anyone else what thier doing is wrong

ill bet that tang is perfectly happy cus he knows his owner loves him, and probably prefers the 55 to a smelly trash can, but then again i havent spoken to the fish and i dont know how he feels, maybe he prefers the trash can

anyway cant wait till u upgrade acro, aaaaaaand get more pics dude!!

hey man, i really like your tank. i always wanted a 55. i like your rock work a lot too, the way the coral are all on the rocks at the top looks sick. post more pics!

• 1 month later...

Archived