Cultivated Reef

55 Gallon Vlamingii Tang Reef

AcroporaLokani

Awesome fish and tank dude! I really like all the comments to the "haters". Espically the one to poop cola about a lame comic! :lol:

are you serious?

an entire thread about the welfare of a loved fish, and you like it when someone makes fun of a cartoon?

fantastic.

A.L.:

i'm not going to argue further. like i said, things said on the internet are really irrelevant unless you respect what the person is saying.

is your home actually off the grid? do you in the wilderness, or is it just a personal choice?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to start attacking my word choice, do yourself a favor and use Google before acting like a grammar nazi (i.e. the "ad hominem" part). Ironically you used ad hominem attacks in this new post, so there is no hope for a respectful discussion with you. The reason I care is because new members may unfortunately get the idea they can keep tangs in their smaller (than 55) tanks with the reasoning that they will upgrade to a larger tank in the future, without little consideration on the actual upgrade. Feel free to reply with more personal attacks since I will not respond to them anymore.

AcroporaLokani
Awesome fish and tank dude! I really like all the comments to the "haters". Espically the one to poop cola about a lame comic! :lol:

Thanks, I just honestly get a kick out of replying to all the the people who don't read the thread and think I'm being mean because I have to wait till spring to get my larger tank setup. Oh well nice entertainment for me when I reply to my thread! :lol:

AcroporaLokani
i'm not going to argue further. like i said, things said on the internet are really irrelevant unless you respect what the person is saying.

No I do not respect you or your argumentative words, And just so you know I had nothing against you before you spammed my thread and argued with me (In an argument I won).

are you serious?

an entire thread about the welfare of a loved fish, and you like it when someone makes fun of a cartoon?

And this thread is not about my fishes "welfare" my tang is perfectly happy, This thread (My thread) is about my tank. And I was not making fun of that kids cartoon I was simply saying he should watch the "zim" cartoon rather than bother me about things He has no idea about (If you read his thread He has only had fish tanks for three months, He does not have much knowledge with reef keeping in my opinion and has no place trying to argue with me about fish/corals).

fantastic

And yes the fact that some people think I am funny is "fantastic", Thanks for clearing that up for every one reading.

is your home actually off the grid?

No, No it is not. I simply have vast knowledge on solar power/wind power and felt like making up an elaborate lie just to mess with you (If you did not see the sarcasm, Yes my home is actually off grid).

nazi

That is the fifth time some one has called me a "nazi" this month, The problem with being able to actually bring good facts to an argument I suppose. So call me what you want I again don't care. And name calling is a last response for some one who knows they lost just for your F.Y.I..

The reason I care is because new members may unfortunately get the idea they can keep tangs in their smaller (than 55) tanks with the reasoning that they will upgrade to a larger tank in the future, without little consideration on the actual upgrade.

Well I am not keeping my tang in a smaller tank than a 55 gallon, And I am not responsible for anything that anyone does, I am only responsible for my own actions. If some one wants a fish/coral then they must be aware of what the animal requires and if some one makes a poor choice then I am in no way responsible just because they may have read my thread or saw a picture of my tang. And I have given great consideration in my tank upgrade.

Reef keepers/Fish Keepers must read about fish/coral in order to be able to keep them alive. And in reading my thread they would have seen that obviously a tang in the naso family (One that grows to be a little under two feet with some being over two feet) needs a massive tank, A fact that I have stated on many occasions.

Feel free to reply with more personal attacks since I will not respond to them anymore.

Yea I'll lose sleep over not having to write to you anymore (That was a lie). And letting you know you misspelled a word is not a personal attack, If you take it as one then maybe you just need to cool your jets boy.

Also me telling you about a misspelled word is no grounds for you to call me a "nazi" most people would find that to be offensive (I do not care what you call me, but honestly WW2 was a painful time for millions of innocent people so I'm guessing any of them or any one who is a descendant of them would be offended when anything like that is talked about). And you did not have to lower yourself to call me a "nazi" just because you lost the argument.

-Acro On my 1,100th post.

are you serious?

fantastic.

A.L.:

is your home actually off the grid? do you in the wilderness, or is it just a personal choice?

Welfare of a fish? It will be fine. And I believe he said "for the time being". Looks like ton of swimming room and it's better then what the lfs said they were going to do with it. GO WATCH HOUSE!!!

AcroporaLokani
Welfare of a fish? It will be fine. And I believe he said "for the time being". Looks like ton of swimming room and it's better then what the lfs said they were going to do with it. GO WATCH HOUSE!!!

:lol:

Awesome Man.

Militant Jurist

Unfortunately, I think that the more "rules" you break around here and yet have success, the more harassment you are going to take. Even though nearly every rule has its exception, there unfortunately is a large crowd that doesn't like to see when their rule has one found. As for me, I enjoy your tank, and I too am in the rule breaking crowd. I think people cringe when I tell others that it is possible to have some nice coral in a 10 gallon tank with T8 lighting and no skimmer!

Yeah, it's obivously different when someone like A.L. has a larger fish in a smaller tank then some noob buying a tank for their 1 week old 10 gallon.

AcroporaLokani
Unfortunately, I think that the more "rules" you break around here and yet have success, the more harassment you are going to take. Even though nearly every rule has its exception, there unfortunately is a large crowd that doesn't like to see when their rule has one found. As for me, I enjoy your tank, and I too am in the rule breaking crowd. I think people cringe when I tell others that it is possible to have some nice coral in a 10 gallon tank with T8 lighting and no skimmer!

I think you are correct, Even if the rules of some people have proof of success when doing the exact opposite they still see some problem.

I'll have to try and find some old pictures of this 55 gallon from a few years ago when it had T8 lighting and a gigantic kenya tree coral covered half the tank.

And I did not have a skimmer on my frag tanks when they were setup (I had the remore on one for about two days and it did nothing for my tank). So I guess that was another rule I broke :lol:

Yeah, it's obivously different when someone like A.L. has a larger fish in a smaller tank then some noob buying a tang for their 1 week old 10 gallon.

Thank you, I have no idea why so many people have had a problem with my tank/tang. And I like it how nether "lakshwadeep" or "BKtomodachi" replied to anything I said other than me not respecting their argumentative words and correcting a words spelling. Oh well I'm guessing any time now a few more people will try and argue with me and end up giving up after they lose the argument :lol:.

And thanks again for the idea about the blue background, I like it much better than any tank I've had with a black background.

I think you are correct, Even if the rules of some people have proof of success when doing the exact opposite they still see some problem.

I'll have to try and find some old pictures of this 55 gallon from a few years ago when it had T8 lighting and a gigantic kenya tree coral covered half the tank.

And I did not have a skimmer on my frag tanks when they were setup (I had the remore on one for about two days and it did nothing for my tank). So I guess that was another rule I broke :lol:

Thank you, I have no idea why so many people have had a problem with my tank/tang. And I like it how nether "lakshwadeep" or "BKtomodachi" replied to anything I said other than me not respecting their argumentative words and correcting a words spelling. Oh well I'm guessing any time now a few more people will try and argue with me and end up giving up after they lose the argument :lol:.

And thanks again for the idea about the blue background, I like it much better than any tank I've had with a black background.

I gave you an idea for a blue background?

AcroporaLokani
Tang Police crack me up... :lol: Great looking Vlamingii, AcroL... Look forward to seeing his new home when you get it..

Yea same with me. Thanks JDigital. It will be a few months but I cannot wait to see some one try and bother me about a tang in a 240 gal. I can just imagine some one saying "THAT TANK IS TO BIG! THE POOR FISH IS TIRED FROM SWIMMING!" :lol:

I gave you an idea for a blue background?

Yea from me seeing your tank. I would have painted the tanks back black rather than blue if I had not seen your tanks background.

LoL. Can't wait to see him in his new home, sounds awesome.

Thanks, I can't wait ether. It probably won't be much of a reef but more of a FOWLR. Well maybe just one coral.....

Thanks, I can't wait ether. It probably won't be much of a reef but more of a FOWLR. Well maybe just one coral.....

Now that sounds like a damn lie :lol:

Yea same with me. Thanks JDigital. It will be a few months but I cannot wait to see some one try and bother me about a tang in a 240 gal. I can just imagine some one saying "THAT TANK IS TO BIG! THE POOR FISH IS TIRED FROM SWIMMING!" :lol:

Yea from me seeing your tank. I would have painted the tanks back black rather than blue if I had not seen your tanks background.

LOL on too much swimming room. Oh, I gues I did give you the idea!!! The only bad thing is that somehow water got behind it and now I have salt marks. As the tank gets fuller all the pieces take ups room and you hardly notice it.

+1

AcroporaLokani

LOL Yea it probably will be.

LOL on too much swimming room. Oh, I gues I did give you the idea!!! The only bad thing is that somehow water got behind it and now I have salt marks. As the tank gets fuller all the pieces take ups room and you hardly notice it.

+1

Yea I did not even notice the salt marks, Your tank still looks awesome.

Well maybe the 240 will be a zoa garden, and an acro forest, and a soft coral grove......... Hmm.... Maybe the 240 gallon will cost more than I figured :lol:

"Just one" never really works. You can't have just one pringle, one beer, or one coral!

That's so true, I just ate a whole can of pringles when I just wanted one :mellow: And I at one time had ten tanks when I just wanted one. *Cries* I'm going to have no money after I buy all the corals :lol:

Good night guys, I'm going to go watch a movie. Nice to post with people other than tang police.

"The poor fish might get LOST in such a big tank...." :lol:

AcroporaLokani
"The poor fish might get LOST in such a big tank...." :lol:

:lol: Yea I think some of the tang police will bring that factor in if I start a thread for that tank. Also they will say the large size of the tank makes my fishy feel home sick for the ocean and I should not be so cruel and I should just put him in a 10 gal like a normal person. HA

when we give up, it doesn't mean we lose (well technically everyone on the internet loses).

it just means you're an idiot. :mellow:

Oh dear.....

You know constructed criticism works much better than blatant name calling. You sound like a "idiot"

Now on to the more important stuff. Thanks for the tap plastic link. I'll check it out. The thing that bothers me though is what if I want to change my aquascape (not likely to happen) also with 1 foot long rocks and some bigger and some much smaller what diameter Plastic Rod do you recommend? 3/8 or quarter inch looks promising to me. I'll have to research doweling LR tomorrow.

Cheers,

Rocket.

Oh dear.....

You know constructed criticism works much better than blatant name calling. You sound like a "idiot"

Already tried that, remember?

But apparently I "gave up."

AcroporaLokani
when we give up, it doesn't mean we lose (well technically everyone on the internet loses).

it just means you're an idiot. :mellow:

Well this "Idiot" out matched you and rebutted ever single one of your spamming attempts. I am simply trying to post with other reefers and you seem to be quite comfortable trying to bother me. Again I do not respect your nor your words so get over yourself and go cry in the corner that my tang is going to have to stay in this tank for a few months and then get a huge tank to call home. Again would you spend over $3,000 just so your fish can have a home? And I like how you never responded to anything I brought up and just kept spamming. Oh well as it was said before "GO WATCH HOUSE". Perhaps you are just jealous you do not have a $500 fish that has more personality than a puppy.

And you said you were not going to post so I guess you are not only on a soap box but also a liar.

Oh dear.....

Yea he does.

Now on to the more important stuff. Thanks for the tap plastic link. I'll check it out. The thing that bothers me though is what if I want to change my aquascape (not likely to happen) also with 1 foot long rocks and some bigger and some much smaller what diameter Plastic Rod do you recommend? 3/8 or quarter inch looks promising to me. I'll have to research doweling LR tomorrow.

Cheers,

Rocket.

Its actually easy to change the rock scape you just slide the rocks off of the dowels and you can mix them up whenever you get tired of the rocks. As long as you do not fill the holes with epoxy putty you can go this.

Something else you can do is connect small rocks with your corals attached to them to small dowels and just drill holes in the face of the rocks and you can easily move your corals around with your rock work changes.

For the dowel size probably half inch to three fourths of an inch. I forgot to mention you could also use PVC pipes and then you can make a more stable rock structure because then you can make small support "H" like patters that just get buried in the sand. The PVC probably would be easiest since you may have to use a large rock as a base for the dowels and with he PVC you can just make little "H" supports that hide in the sand. I saw this method used in a TOTM article I'll see if I can find it for you since it had basically step by step pictures and that is where I got the idea from.

Already tried that, remember?

But apparently I "gave up."

No you tried to imitate "house" and be argumentative. Again if you do not like Me/My tank/My practices/My fish then do not post it is that simple. I think you just like getting attention since you did not respond to anything I wrote just said you were worried I would be affected by you typing spam (Yea as if that could affect me or anyone).

And you did not give up you just lied and said you did.

Perhaps I should bold this so you can see it through your tunnel vision If you do not like Me/My tank/My practices/My fish then do not post it is that simple.

I do not bother you on your thread even with you leaving your tank with a pipe fish in it for a few weeks. And you claim I am the idiot.

Archived