Innovative Marine Aquariums

Acro's 29 Gallon [Bio-Cube]

AcroporaLokani

AcroporaLokani

Well the tank started leaking out of the top and bottom black brace. And on top of that my beloved vlamingii tang that my LFS was fish sitting is now temporarily in my leaking 29 gallon tank. My LFS owner called me up and demanded I take my fish back or he would put my fish in the trash can.

Since the tank is leaking I am going to return it and get a larger tank since this one is like a small cage for my beloved tang.

Apparently the LFS owner was mad that I used some long overdue store credit on a $3.99 fish. But the joke is on him since my tang is worth $375 - $530 so :P to him. (And those are by liveaquaria's prices).

Pictures of my Beautiful male vlamingii tang.

vlamingiifts2112808nm8.jpg

vtang112808fl5.jpg

vlamingiats112808vj7.jpg

You can notice the salt on the glass in the first picture from the tank leaking.

What's with you and tanks leaking? Isn't that the 2nd time? I would not go back to that lfs again! Well unless you still have credit left. How old was the credit? That guy sounds like a jerk!

AcroporaLokani
Wow nice fish!

Thanks! He's my favorite fish I have ever had. He seems to get more colorful with age. I've had him for three years.

What's with you and tanks leaking? Isn't that the 2nd time? I would not go back to that lfs again! Well unless you still have credit left. How old was the credit? That guy sounds like a jerk!

I have no idea about my tanks leaking, It was the third time actually all with all in one tanks. Every time I buy an all in one it leaks, I think I'll stick with regular AGA tanks for a while. None of the AGA tanks that I have/had have ever leaked (I think I have eleven old AGA tanks in my garage ranging in size from 2.5 gallons to 80 gallons).

Yea, I don't plan on going back. The credit was about two months old I traded in two hundred pounds of live sand and ten fish from my old fish only tank (Nothing fancy just clowns and gobies). Sad to say but I don't think I'll get one more penny out of that credit. And the guy was perfectly nice until I wanted to use the credit. I even volunteered with catching fish/bagging fish and helped him take down a 400 gallon tank that was flooding his store when I was visiting my tang.

Is the tang in ur bc?

For now, I'll be setting up an old 55 gallon for him and all the coral in my tank in the next few days when I return the BC to petsmart. Luckily I have gone to this petsmart for eleven years and know the manager so She said just bring it back and I would get a refund.

haha, one of the funniest things ive heard in a while

:lol: Thanks.

hey acro, i've got a bc14, and it's leaking on the front side slightly towards the left. i used to keep the water level closer to where it's "supposed" to be, but recently added probably an extra half/whole gallon of water, and now it's leaking. i think it's just a top off defect. any ideas and is yours leaking in the same spot?

AcroporaLokani
hey acro, i've got a bc14, and it's leaking on the front side slightly towards the left. i used to keep the water level closer to where it's "supposed" to be, but recently added probably an extra half/whole gallon of water, and now it's leaking. i think it's just a top off defect. any ideas and is yours leaking in the same spot?

It could be, I have mine filled to the maximum so the heater can go in the third chamber with the pump. Mine is leaking more out of the canopy from condensation, It is also leaking out of the side towards the back of the tank out of the top black trim. It is also possibly leaking out of the bottom but I have not seen it just the salt residue seemed to be pooled.

I already have the 55 gallon ready to go (I just finished painting the back so I don't have to see the filters) so I'm still going to return the BC.

I still can't believe that a twenty year old AGA ten gallon tank with a smashed corner that I have still holds water and does not leak but a $300 biocube can't last a month. Some what funny in my mind.

AcroporaLokani

Ok, The tank is down and I took it back to the store and got a T5 fixture to fit on my 55 gallon tank. All in all I am disappointed with the biocube. After all the pump broke the lights broke the hood leaked and the tank its self leaked. I'm just lucky I did not lose any livestock. I'll post a link to my new 55 gallon tank thread when I get it all set up.

AcroporaLokani
WTF is with bc's and leaking lately?

I don't know, I actually wanted a nano cube 6gal but figured it would break so I first went with a 12gal aquapod and it leaked and then I went for a 29 gal BC and it leaked.... I should have gotten a nano cube 6gal and called it a day :lol:

All my corals and fish are in my new 55 gal and I forgot how much I like big reef tanks!

Link to my new tank

55 Gallon Vlamingii Tang Reef

• 2 years later...

Archived