Cultivated Reef

Ando's 29g. Since October 08'

Ando

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe cut down on your light cycle too....1 hour a day until you get that stuff in check. If you don't have anything in there but your CUC, you don'realy need it for your cycling. Your going to have one fat CUC by the end.

Maybe test your RO water !

DOH!! lol

well i scrubbed the glass and some of the rocks yesterday with a tooth brush it's looking a lot better this morning...me and my buddy are going to go and try to find some snails (banded trochus snails) today at the beach down the road.. you can usually find them in the tide pools. lol :happy:

I finally got a little clean up crew in my tank. I went down to the beach and picked them from the ocean lol.. But i think they are cerith snails... there are also some little hermit ones too.. heres some pics. I got about 20 or 25 of them.

DSCN0458.jpg

In this pic below you can see the little white bugs on the glass.. are they copepods??

DSCN0459.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well i put in my new media rack I built looks like it works great. But i did find out that I may need a new balast :( DOH!

I did get 17 red leg hermit crabs!

Question-

What do you use your LED's for? they barely give off a light? just for looks?

my led's & fug light turn on when my day light bulb goes off...then an hour later my atinics go off...

Does the 4th side go all the way down? It looks like it stops after the first shelve. If it goes all the way down, how do you change the media? Take out the egg crate?

last night I made a order from marine depot

Black diamond carbon

Power head (hydor 1)

mag float (med)

ESV Bionic Calcium Buffer

Melafix

last week i got a small cuc (17 mexican red leg hermits) they seem to be eating a lot of the algae

did a 5g water change last week

and my 10k light doesn't work... Drs foster and smith sent me a new bulb but it didn't work. So monday I need to call them so I can get a new ballast.

....Im going to leave my actinics off for a few days (3) so most of my algae goes away.

thats it for now.. Maybe later I will post some pics but nothing new is really is going on.

:D

Hey Ando, just starting my cycle (1 day) Do you have chaeto in there for your cycle? I was just wondering if I should go to the LFS and buy some.

Thanks, Bob

Hey Ando, just starting my cycle (1 day) Do you have chaeto in there for your cycle? I was just wondering if I should go to the LFS and buy some.

Thanks, Bob

ya i had mine in there like the 2nd week. you should be fine putting it in now.

What are you using for your light?

ya i had mine in there like the 2nd week. you should be fine putting it in now.

What are you using for your light?

Hear's the light that I'm using, it was almost a perfect fit for half the middle chamber. Half of the chamber has the media rack and the other half is i put this light on the back with velcro. I think I paid $23 at Pet Smart.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752557

post-38365-1228595527_thumb.jpg

post-38365-1228595686_thumb.jpg

post-38365-1228595708_thumb.jpg

Archived