Top Shelf Aquatics

Cebu biotope (3g in planning)

Goonter

I have decided to get a Eviota goby for my 3gallon and i think i want to make it a mini biotope; however, i cannot find any information on corals and what not located in the Cebu reef except for puffer fish, frogfish, and this eviota goby. I was wondering if anyone had some insight or knew of some resources i could check to find out how to construct this small biotope, it would be great.

Thanks.

:lol: Even before I clicked your thread, I immediately thought of the trimma/eviota gobies. Try looking on wikipedia and maps for close island chains, or just try to find some cebu diving sites. At the very least, try to focus on indo-pacific animals. However, don't take the "biotope" category so seriously. A biotope can be as specific as only fish or fish and inverts.
  • 2 months later...

Goonter, I was on Cebu for three weeks this past summer, and did extensive diving. Three places I went were Moalboal, Mactan, and an island not far from Cebu, Siquijor. This area is full of classic Indo-Pacific reefs. Practically every coral I've ever seen for sale from the Pacific, I saw there. I could hardly get a shot in of a coral without seeing a trimma goby flitting around it.

bluebottlebrushacropost.jpg

greeneyedpurpleechinoporaandacro.jpg

191purplemontiporawithgoby.jpg

A couple of examples. If you are interested in more, I will dig them up.

^^^^^^^^^ Awesome pic taking skills. Cebu? Phillipines! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg lol i wanna go the so bad cuz. A. im Filipino B. the reefs there are soo frikkin awesomefrematic :happydance: !!!! lol sorry aabout my excitment guys. :closedeyes::wacko:

I understand your excitement. I've dove at 8 different sites over the years and I can never get enough. I want to stay in one spot for a whole dive, it's the training I got staring into my reef tank I guess.

The diving really is awesome there. Do you go back regularly?

I understand your excitement. I've dove at 8 different sites over the years and I can never get enough. I want to stay in one spot for a whole dive, it's the training I got staring into my reef tank I guess.

The diving really is awesome there. Do you go back regularly?

sadly no...i dont go there regularly...last time i went was in 2001 when i was like 6 yrs old...i didnt even know what reefing was back then :lol: . anyways...my grandparents do but they dont dive so it will probably be a long time till i get to go back -_-:angry:

Contact Charles of chucksaddiction.com. I believe he is based in Cebu/Mactan Island right now. I am 100% sure that he could help you out with your Cebu biotope plans. On a side note though he suffered a heart attack a couple of weeks back but now i think he's feeling better.

or you could check out reefphilippines.com

Chucks website:

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/index.html

HTH.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a really neat idea, so I'll put my two cents in here. I've thought about making something like this in the future, so I want to give you this link:

http://coenomap.philreefs.org/index.php?op...154%26Itemid=68

You'll be able to find a list of corals there. It seems like a lot of the corals that come from Cebu you can find online, so I wish you the best of luck there. Try also going to cebudiver.com ; it might be a helpful site.

I think it would be really neat to have a trimma or eviota goby in a Cebu tank. I stumbled upon something else that might be good for such a pico:

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_displa...id=1970&N=0

They seem pretty cool. I wish you the best of luck with creating this pico, and I'd love to watch the results of this! Perhaps I'll feel inspired to create something myself, if I haven't already.

Archived