Coral Vue Hydros

Neuwave's Edge of the Reef

neuwave

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'm gonna try and borrow a buddies digital SLR to get better resolution. Right now its the point and click..lol

• Like 1

I wanted something new. Wanted to to see if I could make something else than a rock wall or rock mound. Thanks Neenasreef

• Like 1
akabryanhall

Hit the nail on the head with this one! One of the best aquascapes on this site for sure. How did you do the right side? Acrylic rods?

Thanks. I did drill but i used foam to fill the pvc pipe then glued with epoxy. With the rocks suspended in the water gives the fish alot more swimming space. Also more space to place corals.

• Like 1

Still awake so I thought right b4 bed, upload a pic or 2. Finally got my 2-year old pom pom crab. And my tiger pistol shrimp.

100_0120.jpg

100_0122.jpg

100_0126.jpg

100_0128.jpg

100_0139.jpg

• Like 1

I'll have to take some. Means I gotta break out the alage scraper to make sure I get some clear shots. I'll try to get some tonight.

Some new pics. :)

Clowns

100_0148.jpg

That side shot.

100_0150.jpg

One of many sponges that grown in the dimmer areas of the tank. Great filter feeders. If I put alittle oyster eggs or any micro food they seem to love it. They seem to grow even quicker.

100_0156.jpg

Tiny Zoas

100_0161.jpg

My gold clam.

100_0162.jpg

A hitchhiker coral that has doubled in size over the past 2 months.Can't wait till it grows even bigger.

100_0158.jpg

sweet idea with the pvc implants. im thinking about doing somthing similar with my base rocks which is putting rods in the bottom of them to get them up off of the bottom about a half inch or so, inorder to get flow under them. forget who told me this idea on here, but im seriously debating trying it, you ever thought about doing that?

Ya i have thought about it. It would give that affect of having a floating reef. I always like the idea of getting alot off the bottom to increase flow. It seems to keep the sand healthier and clean. In the middle you can see the ledge that sticks out but i was thinking of raising it a bit, give more of a canyon type look. Anytime there's a chance to change up a rock scheme I'll give it a try. Aquascaping isn't the easiest thing to do but fun to change it up some times.

thats one of the best aquascapes i have ever seen. makes me want to change mine up.

what do you do about your pistol shrimp and goby when you are aquascaping?

also how do you get it to look so open and high up?

For the shirmp and the goby, I leave them be. There would be too much stress if i were to round them up while aquascaping. As soon as the first base rock is in position the goby and shrimp make their way over to it and begin a new burrow. Then they are fine. I made ledges with pond foam I picked up from home depot. To make the left and right pillars I used epoxy and pvc filled with foam. Foamed the outside of the pvc and then dremeled/carved the foam to give it a more natural look. I was so tired of the same rock walls or rock mounds I had to do something different. I also like very little rock touching the bottom to allow for more flow. This setup only touches the sand in 4 places. Well more like 3 but there is a 2 inch rock in the back just barely touching the sand. My next decision is to figure out which breed of dwarf angelfish to breed in this tank. I want to start a small harem. But I can't decide between what angelfish to breed. Maybe the flameback or flame angel or cherub or umm who knows. Any suggestions guys?

New addition!

New Sebae nem. Purple with a yellow foot. But couldn't get a shot of the base since its already attached itself to the rock. When it first arrived this morning it was alittle stressed and a bit grayish. But 11 hrs later its starting to color up. :happy:

100_0179.jpg

100_0176.jpg

100_0171.jpg

Just happen to get a decent of the pom pom while I was at it.

100_0169.jpg

Thanks bro. Much appreciated. Slowly and slowly (when the pay check allows), I treat myself to a new aquarium addition.

• Like 1

Thanks I appreciate it. I've had so many rock walls and mounds in the past, that this time I had to venture into reef construction..lol Hopefully one day I'll be able to get some mushrooms like your's, so nice.

• Like 1

Archived