Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Florida biotope

Big_Bruddah77

I am planing on doing a Florida biotope soon. i am not to sure what size tank i want to start with. i was thinking of going towards a 20L or a 10 gal. it would be great. if i can have your feed back on which tank would look best. i want to go all out on this tank since i dint really do it with my 29 gal i started a year ago. also what kind of of live stock would look best? i was thinking of two or three chalk bass and small gobies like a Rusty and a Masked gobie. i want to keep some flower nems and gorg and other coral like zoo's, sponges and macros so what kind of lighting would be best besides MH? thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...
I am planing on doing a Florida biotope soon. i am not to sure what size tank i want to start with. i was thinking of going towards a 20L or a 10 gal. it would be great. if i can have your feed back on which tank would look best. i want to go all out on this tank since i dint really do it with my 29 gal i started a year ago. also what kind of of live stock would look best? i was thinking of two or three chalk bass and small gobies like a Rusty and a Masked gobie. i want to keep some flower nems and gorg and other coral like zoo's, sponges and macros so what kind of lighting would be best besides MH? thanks in advance!

I also have a Florida specific tank. I ordered my LR online from a company in FL...though the name currently eludes me. I have a 20 gallon long. I prefer it over the ten gallons I have done in the past. The only fish I have is an Atlantic Chalk Bass. Another good fish choice would be a Rusty Goby, as you mentioned. I have a MH, but I am not using it on this tank, as the MH creates too much heat. I run 2x65w compact flourescents. I have one 10k, and one 18k actinic. I run them both 8 hours a day. I use two Koralia #2 power heads, and a seachem 100 protein skimmer. I have heard people talk bad about the protein skimmer, but honestly I've had two, and both work just fine. I also have several forms of macro algae. They all just showed up on the rock. The only one I know the ID of for sure, is Halmaeda (spelling may be incorrect....). I know there are several very good macro algae suppliers I have seen referenced on this forum in the past. Anyway, thats more info than you asked for, but I saw you had zero responses. Good luck with your tank.

Archived