inTank Media Baskets

Tbones Oceanic 70

Tbone675

i got some pics of the new light....Nova Extreme Pro vs Outer Orbit Pro 2x150

the old nova

IMG_1142.jpg

outer orbit pro 2x150 (with 14 phoenix and actinics)

IMG_1144.jpg

what do you all think?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are some CRAPPY vids with the cell phone cam.....

AP24

th_AP24.jpg

Oceanic 70 (with NEP)

th_Oceanic70.jpg

lol at the end of the 2nd one you can hear my GFs cell ringing.....lol

How do you like the orbit? does the 150 give good enough light for the bottom of the tank? Im getting a 70 tech tank and i am almost certain i will get the outer orbit but dont know if i should go 150 or 250. Feedback is well appreciated. thanks!

PS. Love the LPS'ness of your tank. My fav type of corals!

i think it will be enough for my non SPS tank....i think i would like the 250s would be better though....the 150s get HOT much hotter than the NEP. the only thing i like better about the NEP is the light spread....with the OOP i get shadows on the edges. all in all i like the MH (shimmer) and for 200$ i could not resist...although i think the NEP with some good bulbs would rock.

i pulled some bulbs out of the NEP and put them in the OOP....it now has 2 actinic and 2 10k...i like the look better. you cant tell in the pic but adding the 2 10k made the unit look a lot brighter.

IMG_1146.jpg

after seeing this i think i am going to order new t5s for the light....custom colors

i was thinkin

2x150 pheonx 14k

2 UVL Super Actinics

1 ATI Blue Plus

1 ATI Aquablue

• 4 weeks later...

well not too much to update about the tank......but i fear i am about to suffer a big set back.....i hve to move it 40 miles to my parents house....my GF and i broke up and the tank was seup at her house....it is going to be a huge job tomorrow....i can already feel the stress.....

well not too much to update about the tank......but i fear i am about to suffer a big set back.....i hve to move it 40 miles to my parents house....my GF and i broke up and the tank was seup at her house....it is going to be a huge job tomorrow....i can already feel the stress.....

im soo sorry to hear that. i hope you have a smooth and easy move and...your gf broke up with you on Christmas?!?!?! now that is messed up.

well after some thought......i sold all the livestock instead....the guy is comming tomorrow to get it.....4k worth of livestock for 1250$....kinda stings

well after some thought......i sold all the livestock instead....the guy is comming tomorrow to get it.....4k worth of livestock for 1250$....kinda stings

:tears: Sorry bro...

petkingdom619

b"tches come and go. thats my motto.

that stuff wont remind you of her after a few months , give it like 6 and your good.

Then be happy you get all new stuff!

b"tches come and go. thats my motto.

that stuff wont remind you of her after a few months , give it like 6 and your good.

Then be happy you get all new stuff!

very true, that is why im keepin all the LR and LS and all the tank/stand/light set up.....then all ill need is just a place to set it all up.....

• 3 weeks later...

/melt Good luck with everything T. Let me know if you need anything to restart that tank =D

keep your head up bro, i just been through that ###### and now back to reefing in just 5 month lol.

Archived