inTank Media Baskets

Tbones Oceanic 70

Tbone675

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I decided that if I am going to be keeping jumping fish (wrasses and firefish) I need to make a top. On my 40B I made a acrylic top....it was ok but condensation built up and it was hard to keep clean. So on this tank i made a screen top, I used window screen framing from home depot and got pond netting from a LFS. The holes are ~1/4in and IMO will keep fish in and also let light through. The acrylic was better and keeping evap down so i had to top off less, but now that does not matter because I have a ATO. When I used the acrylic i just cut out a "door", now i guess i will have cut a few extra squares out, just so i can pour food in with out it getting caught in the netting and making a mess.

the top

IMG_1061.jpg

close up

IMG_1062.jpg

Here are the new pics of the scape. i like it.....more rock yet more compact.....more room for swimming for my kole tang.

FTS

IMG_1088.jpg

Rt Side

IMG_1090.jpg

Lt Side

IMG_1091.jpg

Seabay nem

IMG_1092.jpg

fuzzy acro?

IMG_1094.jpg

i cant wait to glue down all the frags, and let it grow in.........(until i move)

lol. i know how you feel. i just clued down 12 sps frags. let the growing commence!

and then i get to ruin it all when i move in 1-2 years. bleh.

it was a pita to move from the 40B to the 70 and it was only about 2 feet.lol can imagine a whole different town......

edit: this did not happen

well had my first over flow today :o .... :angry: . my fuge had a snail get into the drain...the fuge overflowed and now with my ATO online it just replenished the water which made more over flow. it wasnt too bad though only dropped from 1.025 to 1.024 probably took 2-3 gallons to do this.

i think i fixed it. i used a snail guard that came with a bulk head i bought. should be all good now.....that ato make me nervous. lol (this is my first ato)

You can set up a second ATO switch below your top off switch that when goes off will tell your ATO and Return pump to shut down. Effectively preventing a overflow problem. As long as your koralia's are running strong your fish shouldn't suffer from not having the return flowing for a few hours while you get a chance fix it.

well i have a few new pics with fish in em.....(its hard to get good pics of moving fish)

stock list:

2 purple firefish

2 clowns

1 flasher wrasse

1 kole eye tang

2 neon gobys

1 red scooter dragonette

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

and a new FTS

IMG_1098.jpg

thanks....just want a few more fish....i have 7 now(i dont count the neons they are so small) i did not get the mystery wrasse yet....i have a friend holding him for me. he put it in his frag tank and now he cant get it out....i also want a blue spot jawfish.....

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new light....well it is a used light...i did not go with the 2x250s like i wanted to. instead i got a outer orbit pro 2x150 with 4 t5 39 watt to supplement. a local guy sold it to me with new bulbs. it needs a little TLC. a new acrylic t5 cover for one side, a new leg, and the ac/dc adapter for one set of leds was missing....but all in all not a bad deal for 200$. it has 14k bulbs in it. i cant wait to see this thing on the tank....this will be my first MH light......i hope i like em. :)

also i may have a nova extreme pro (6x39 36") coming up for sale as soon as i get the parts for the outer orbit.

You will love MH. Outer Orbits are good fixtures, I had a 24" one over a 54 corner for awhile. I may be interested in the nova in a few weeks. PM me a link to a FS thread if you start one and think about me.

I have two new additions to the tank. a bicolor blenny and a porcelain crab

notice to the left of the blenny the mini-carpet nems....i got it not too long ago, with a little food this thing has split 4 times.....its growing so fast.

IMG_1128.jpg

and the crab with his filter feeders up.

IMG_1126.jpg

Archived